Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

EL patch

We are having a new patch that is supposed to fix some problems for the Windows version:

http://el.beplacid.com/downloads/el_patch.exe

Please download it in your EL folder and execute it. !!!!BE CAREFUL TO RUN EL_PATCH.EXE INSTEAD OF THE STOCK CLIENT (EL.EXE)!!!!!

Let me know if it fixes some of the keyboard/mouse problems. It should also fix the font problems.

Can you explain which problems you have?

Hmm... It won't let me open the patch; it says OpenAL32.dll wasn't found :icon13:

I think you just got yourself suspended from the forum for a while

When i minimize EL somtimes when i bring it back up my keyboard stops working, only on EL.

To fix this i need to minimize EL, open a web browser window and type somthing to get EL working again.

It is very annoying.

I have a Logitech wireless keyborad and mouse.

When i minimize EL somtimes when i bring it back up my keyboard stops working, only on EL.

To fix this i need to minimize EL, open a web browser window and type somthing to get EL working again.

same here, problem still exists after this patch(i play in fullscreen)

OMG!!!

didnt know there was problem with El.Thought it was my keyboard or motherboard connector. Mashed 2 wire keyboards against wall and also wireless one had some physical violence problems until gave up...:happy:

well..need to begin put the keys back on board..if can find them from the floor. Not yet tried patch.Just without batch realised sometimes that my fullscreen sometimes goes to desktop and when i at last get back not keyboard and mouse work.Except windows key to get back to desktop..then again back to el and all works...ok..not getting patch..lets see..'

Font is working now, mouse problem still exists here (but mouse works fine with "mouse bug" enabled, so thats ok).

Edited by St0n3

I'm running Vista and no problems yet so not going to use the patch for now. I just installed it over the older version. Everything is running smoothly so far.

Edited by Enyo

okay, there are now fixes in CVS for the keyboard and mouse click issues. until there's a new release or you use CVS from later than now, please don't report those problems (anything else not already reported is still wanted, of course)

confirmed fix? yay! (as a note, this was, IMO, either an SDL bug or a windows one... although the code I replaced wasn't ideal either (the workaround also made the code better))

okay, there are now fixes in CVS for the keyboard and mouse click issues. until there's a new release or you use CVS from later than now...

Will there be a patch release for the latest client that would fix this issue? Many people don't have access to CVS or can't compile, and the next full client release is a LONG ways away.

I can't speak for ent, but I imagine there'll be another patch release soon (hopefully we can get all serious bugs fixed quickly, so everyone can play until the next big update. but in some cases I doubt it)

confirmed fix? yay! (as a note, this was, IMO, either an SDL bug or a windows one... although the code I replaced wasn't ideal either (the workaround also made the code better))

I'm guessing it was a bug with SDL, since i'm running on linux atm :)

Was it a feature of the new version that older hardware is no longer capable of running 1.4 even if 1.3.3 could be run or should every graphic card that ran 1.3.3 be able to handle 1.4?