Eternal Lands Official Forums
Mariws

Another keyboard problem

I'm posting for a friend. Here it is:

Hi! My problem is that I have hungarian keyboard with which i have never had any problems in EL before, but now with the new version it's not working properly anymore. I am not able to type any commands cause the # sign is "alt gr+x" on my keyboard which now works like i just hit alt+x and exits the game. I also can't type @ which is "alt gr+v" on my keyboard..so I can't talk on any channels. If anybody could help me how to solve it, plz post here.

Ty in advance, Sophee

I spent a while trying to fix this problem so it worked properly... but I didn't get any feedback when I asked people to test it, so I could only assume it was okay. obviously not.

I do have a solution for you, though, pick some other character to replace whichever ones don't work (@ and #) and edit languages/??/strings/console.xml

(replace ?? with whatever language you're using. if english, then en)

find the part where it has

<char_cmd>#</char_cmd><char_at>@</char_at><char_slash>/</char_slash>

and change the symbols to something else you can easily use

welcome... unfortunately, it's not a good fix... I'll set it back to only using the left alt. that means right-alt is broken for those without altGr, but the altGr people can use that key again (yay for having to chose between two broken options)

if anyone knows how to detect if the keyboard has an altgr, or if the key pressed was an altgr, please let me know...

if anyone knows how to detect if the keyboard has an altgr, or if the key pressed was an altgr, please let me know...
From SDL_keysym.h

SDLK_MODE		= 313,		/* "Alt Gr" key */

While we probably cannot test for the keyboard, we can test for this key, right? A while back I added code for detecting the "Apple" key on Mac keyboards, which should be somewhat a similar procedure. Since I do not have an international keyboard, I cannot test out my suggestion.

if only that worked :) but it doesn't

that was the test that I put in CVS to try to fix the problem (if we have alt and we don't have altgr, set alt_on)... and then asked for people with the altgr key to test it. no responce, so I could only assume it was okay

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.