Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
masterpiter

Keyboard doesnt work =/ [SOLVED]

After i push f2( to see link from some1 or mines) or i use "windows button" to get back to desktop from the game my keyboard doesnt wanna work when i come back to el.

I have to use windows manager to manually close el from there(alt+ctrl+delete), coz when im ingame i cannot use any buttons(no letters, no numbers, no space, no nothing).

After i relog all is just fine until i have to "leave"game again.

Is there any way to fix it?

(sorry 4 my low english knowledge + 0 computer knowledge but i always hated pc's and i always will be :confused: )

eMPi

I have a similar problem, that also 2coolfool has reported. It's about when you minimize EL, you lose focus to the EL window, this is all normal to make what ever you do beside EL not interfer with EL keyboard input (like you minimize and start going to your bank account and write password, it prevents you from also getting the password in EL window).

But when maximizing again the focus flag for some reason doesn't change properly or something, so you can end up with having a "Not focused flag" and thus having no keyboard input possible.

I was pretty sure there was a fix for this from Alia, but maybe it wasn't applied or it didn't work, because I can confirm that it's still present for me, using CVS client.

What you can try:

Maximize/Minimize a few times so it "refreshes", or open notepad and write something in there then alt+tab to EL and it should be working too.

okay, I think I know what the problem is, when you say using the windows key, etc, that means you play in fullscreen, not EL in a window?

if so, then I believe the problem is that SDL gives us a "window was minimised" event, but not a "window lost focus" event. previously we only checked the latter.

I've changed this in CVS, hopefully the problem will be gone for all future clients

Yes, i play in fullscreen, its easier to train and to pk :P

I also spoke ingame with 2coolfool and his way helped but only when i changed fullscreen to window(turned fullscreen off in options). Everytime i get back to fullscreen and have to check some link or push windows key problem comes back.

So if i cannot make cvs running i have to wait for next update now, yes? to make this problem dissapear?

eMPi

we're currently seeing a lot of bugs popping up now, because people didn't spend enough time using the release candidates... the few people who did use them or who compile the client themselves either didn't see the problems (a lot of it is system specific) or didn't report them

I imagine this shows everyone why spending a bit of time on the test server with the release candidates is a good idea (even if it's only an hour, if everyone gave it a quick but thorough test, we'd get reports of nearly all the bugs)

as far as updating goes, there's still a number of bugs, and I'd like to get as much fixed as possible... which means it will be a little longer or take several iterations, but we need reports of all the bugs people get

Edited by ttlanhil

I was pretty sure there was a fix for this from Alia, but maybe it wasn't applied or it didn't work, because I can confirm that it's still present for me, using CVS client.

It wasn't applied :happy:

Ok, well, then someone please apply Alia's patch, and we'll release another patch soon.

ttlanhil has made something very similar already, so it is ok now :

revision 1.137

date: 2007/06/05 14:27:44; author: ttlanhil; state: Exp; lines: +2 -18

on a keypress event, always check if we have the input focus. setting a variable beforehand isn't as reliable