Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
horvic

Mage stuff

Okiee.. Okiee.. u probly heard this before but i got some cool ideas.. I've looked for like an hour on all this stuff if i missed it i r sorry. :)

First off i got some pretty cool spells that use some of the sigils that are unused and some that make some spells used that we have now

1)The first spell i really like

-Radiation Strike... it could do a blast how ever so big that hits everyone allie/foe/yourself

-Sigils could be - increase - local - energy -

-Would have to be a hefty magic lvl like 60ish

-Deals 50radiation dmg to all it hits and use maybe 40 or higher mana(would keep it from being majorly

used unless your a good mage..

This spell could take teamwork in pk even further.. sence radiation shield is pretty much worthless if u wanted to do this spell u could tell all your allies to turn this shield on then cast the spell.

Also could be used the same way for Fire, Water, and Earth blast attacks, with the fire, cold, and regular shield spells. all those spells could be used stratigicaly with what your foe is wearing.. say he was wearing full titanium plate, that gives him +4radiation +2fire, cold, magic protection, so it would be better to use a fire or cold strike on the enemy rather than radiation

2)The second change whould help mages out big time..

Change magic immunity it where it protects from magic dmg dealing attacks.

It would still protect from mana drain, life drain, harm, and poison because those deal magic damage.

But the radiation, fire, cold, ect.. are radiational, fire, cold damage so it would bypass magic immunity..

magic immunity would really become a Magic Shield like Radiation shield

3) Just tested this.. the 'Radiation, Cold, Heat' shields say they "protect u from '----' damage" but they only

give u +4 '----' protection.. If the radiation strike came into play.. they should make u immune from '----'

damage

4)These spell sigils tell it all

-Destroy- magic(fire,water,ect)- protection This could remove magic immunity and the Shields and uses a new sigil :)

Sence this is very powerfull and magic immunity is vital in pk there could be some kind of side effect.. like

if u casted it on someone the mana(or precentage of mana) that u used to cast it goes to the person u

casted it on

5) The Medallion of (the Mage) or (Magic)

This med. could make all your magic more powerfull and maybe increase the xp u get per cast

Sence this sounds very very powerfull the ingrediances could be very hard to get.. i was thinking like 5

dragon scales and a hair from a unicorn. This could be obtained by killing the unicorn, but the unicorn

could be stronger if not as strong as a dragon.. and if u attack it, it would make u pkable for so long. Also

to keep it very rare have the unicorn, once killed, spawn only 1 time in an el day. Also to make it even

more rare, have no set location for the unicorn to spawn.. make it spawn ANYWHERE inside houses, on

any map c2 or c1. This would make it even harder to kill the unicorn if u dont know where it is :D

Thats all i got for now.. post if u have a question of id u like or what ever

Ill be back with more :)

I'd quite like to see a form of spell that would damage the people attacking you, say for example you were being attacked by 3 trolls, you cast this spell, and they all recive some damage, for example 20 (Could increase in damage with your level?) Would also be a nice spell for PK'ers.. Maybe make it magic 30? So it gives some other form ot magic exp for low levelers to use for magic?

haha just thought of a few more

6) Mana Suffocation

-Sigils = temporary-decrease-air-space--Could work like poison but on the foes mana, those sigils because your depleating the person u cast it on with oxygen and without oxygen the persons body cells start to lose energy.. sounds like it should decrease food lvl but i see mana as a type of energy. ;)

7) -name-

-Sigils = -destroy-local-life-

-Could work like a local harm and the radiation, fire, earth, cold attacks i talked about above

8) Mana Restoration.. sounds powerfull and heard before but this my twist on it

-Sigils = -restore-spirit-energy-

-Seems self explanitory but it would of corse have to take some EMEs or something of that nature.. but u could only use it with maybe some magic robes or the medallion i talk about above. That way fighters in armor couldnt be able to do this spell.

If thats the case it would be cool to break magic up into to section.. spells used with robes(or what ever) and spells used without

9) Magic Flee... with robes(or what ever)

-Sigils = -move-air-space-

- Could work like putting air space between u and your fighter. Only mages could use because mages need to be more of a range attackers than Hand to Hand combat

Also to comment on Liqs post.. i think that is a good idea to but when fighting to keep from the strong getting stronger those local attacks have to use alot of mana to keep people from using them in battle.. Mages should have high mana lvls and able to use them while the fighters fight.. imo

--edit

Found great original names for the 4 local area attacks..

- Fire Blast could be "The Red Dragons Revenge"

-Cold Blast could be "The Arctic Chimeran's Furies"

-Earth Blast could be "Mother Natures Curse"

-Radiations(my favorite) could be "The White Brothers Wraith".. if u found the hydro ore by yourself u will know what im talking about ;) a little joke i like

Edited by horvic