Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
draegox

In-game references

Grigore Ureche (NPC in EVTR) was a Romanian author. I haven't read anything by him, but I lived on Strada Grigore Ureche and asked about it once.

Edit: there may also be a city of breasts or some other reference to breasts, but I could be translating that wrong, and I'm forgetting where I saw it.

Edited by sygon

Edit: there may also be a city of breasts or some other reference to breasts, but I could be translating that wrong, and I'm forgetting where I saw it.

There is no such reference in the game that I know of.

OK, who's the showtunes fan? We all know that "One" is from the musical "A Chorus Line," right? :bangwall:

One...singular sensation

Da da dum da dum dee dum!

(OK, so I don't know the words...)

umm nooo get real people...

One = Metallica song, not some snobby, posh musical number or whatever.

Same goes for Harvester of Sorrow.

"Hunting rabbits in the Elysian Fields" is a reference to Greek mythology, thats where certain uber-cool people went when they died, iirc.

"Hunting rabbits in the Elysian Fields" is a reference to Greek mythology, thats where certain uber-cool people went when they died, iirc.

Almost :D One of the three parts of the Underworld, a final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous. It was called Elysium though :P

not bad then, uber-cool is synonymous to heroic and virtuous, no?

"Shujral has discovered the one ring to rule them all." - Lord Of The Rings reference.

"Shujral was playing paintball at Paschendale." - Site of a major WWI battle, although I thought I've seen it spelled differently. I believe its also a song.

There are two more references in the engineering god thing.

Rudolf Diesel was a communist!

"Shujral was playing paintball at Paschendale." - Site of a major WWI battle, although I thought I've seen it spelled differently. I believe its also a song.

The Third Battle of Ypres is commonly known as Paschendale. It was a pointless bloodbath...

Yeah, this one is interesting ;)

While Paschendale is a title of Iron Maiden song, Passchendaele is where one of the most bizzare battles of the World War I took place - due to a weather the entire battle was fought in thick mud ... :lipssealed::P:lurker:

The allies lost 140.000 soldiers to move 5 miles into German territory (2 lives per inch) :D

What's interesting, same Iron Maiden song contains such line: ""Drown in mud, no more tears." Familiar ? :P

Kane - Desert Pines NPC

"She may not be much to look at, but she's got it where it counts. She made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs."

verbatim quote from Han Solo in Star Wars - Episode IV - A New Hope

i thought i saw lenny saying some phrases from maiden (killers) and system of a down songs.

the highway to hell is an AC/DC song

and 'found the meaning of life' could be another monty python reference :-)

Almost :pickaxe: One of the three parts of the Underworld, a final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous. It was called Elysium though :pickaxe:

Elysian Fields

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Greek mythology, the Elysian Fields in Elysium were the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous.

"In Greek mythology, the Elysian Fields in Elysium were the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous."

Why would you connect that with Megadeth song? People seem to take references from very subjective point of view, like this and like "Antisocial", for chris sake, its just opposite of Social and its totally logical, no need to make references on that one ^^

It's obvious that there are many references to heavy metal songs in the game. I plan to find them all and list them here.