Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
draegox

In-game references

Vesine, the Wine NPC in MM, talks about how she and the guy are a team, "like Scully and Moulder." Only they don't investigate strange happenings. :)

Edited by LIGHTspeed

Vesine, the Wine NPC in MM, talks about how she and the guy are a team, "like Scully and Moulder." Only they don't investigate strange happenings. :)

Not everyone watches TV or science fiction type stuff so I will expound here. Fox Mulder and Dana Scully are the names of two FBI agents investigating X-files. The show and movie of the same name. X-files has them looking into events that cannot be explained by normal means. A vast alien conspiracy is the underlying premise of the show and revealed in the movie. :blush: It is in syndication now as reruns. Not sure how long it has been off the air as a regular series.

Tirun

Vesine, the Wine NPC in MM, talks about how she and the guy are a team, "like Scully and Moulder." Only they don't investigate strange happenings. :P

Not everyone watches TV or science fiction type stuff so I will expound here. Fox Mulder and Dana Scully are the names of two FBI agents investigating X-files. The show and movie of the same name. X-files has them looking into events that cannot be explained by normal means. A vast alien conspiracy is the underlying premise of the show and revealed in the movie. :) It is in syndication now as reruns. Not sure how long it has been off the air as a regular series.

Tirun

Oops, yeah... I forgot to mention that, thanks. I don't watch TV either, but we have the movie. Lol. :(

That show ran for a LONG time. o.O

Edited by LIGHTspeed

5) smeg from some old tv show (red dwarf, no?)

Yep it's from Red Dwarf, and the fact some people dont know this is disgraceful!! :doze: Red Dwarf's only like the funniest TV show EVER :o

(If anyone does decide to investigate RD, try and find the original episodes, some of the funniest shit is cut from certain recent DVD releases :pinch:)

Yep it's from Red Dwarf, and the fact some people dont know this is disgraceful!! :doze: Red Dwarf's only like the funniest TV show EVER :o

(If anyone does decide to investigate RD, try and find the original episodes, some of the funniest shit is cut from certain recent DVD releases :pinch:)

Not all of us can receive British television..... so please complain to all the national broadcasters that did not show Red Dwarf :^)

(and please, please, please insist it is in the original version, not dubbed :P)

"One" is my favourite U2 song. I haven't seen anyone mention this yet in reference to that new perk.

I'm looking up some of the other perks, they sound like they could be references.

I have found this in relation to careful guy, it might just be coincidence. "Careful" is a 1992 Canadian drama film directed by "Guy" Maddin.

A Hellspawn is a fictional creature from the popular comic book Spawn.

And there are places called Portland all over the world if you type it into Wikipedia.

I want to know if careful guy and fatal man are really references to anything. All fatal man sounds like is something a hippy might say! I love hearing about references in computer games, it makes the games more interesting.

Edited by Lu06

I had to read Monster Magnetism before I understood that you were actually made attractive to monsters so as to not be attacked. kinky?

Tirun

Is this where it comes from? Monster Magnet is an American stoner metal band, hailing from Red Bank, New Jersey.

"One" is my favourite U2 song. I haven't seen anyone mention this yet in reference to that new perk.

Sorry, but the U2 song isn't about getting blown up by a land mine. and we all know Radu is a heavy metal fan.

U2, Metallica, Creed and who knows how many bands have a song called One. The ones I listed are songs I like.

And another song is "One Vision" by Queen :confused:

5) smeg from some old tv show (red dwarf, no?)

Yep it's from Red Dwarf, and the fact some people dont know this is disgraceful!! :) Red Dwarf's only like the funniest TV show EVER :P

(If anyone does decide to investigate RD, try and find the original episodes, some of the funniest shit is cut from certain recent DVD releases :))

It’s cold outside, there’s no kind of atmosphere,

I’m all along, more or less.

Let me fly, far away from here,

Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun.

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose,

Drinking fresh mango juice.

Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes,

Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun,

I’ll pack my bags, and head into hyperspace,

Velocity at time-warp speed.

Spend my days in ultraviolet rays,

We’ll lock on course, straight through the universe,

You and me, and the galaxy.

Reach the stage, hyperdrive’s engaged,

Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun,

Edited by AnnaMaria

Rostogol stone. Povestea lui Rostogol, the little dog:)

Pe bune? Hmm.. nu eu i-am pus numele, dar nu cred ca vine de la asta.

BTW, do you know the story of the Princess, the little dog? :)

I'd post the link, but it is very, very bad.

I saw before u edited out link Ent...

LMAO

Poor princess... and poor wife too i guess xD

EDIT:

Probably good u got rid of the link, knowing some ppls on these forums you'd have ended up with a 5 page long Abuse thread :)

Edited by Korrode

Rostogol stone. Povestea lui Rostogol, the little dog:)

Pe bune? Hmm.. nu eu i-am pus numele, dar nu cred ca vine de la asta.

BTW, do you know the story of the Princess, the little dog? :)

I'd post the link, but it is very, very bad.

Povestea lui Rostogol

am postat un link pentru tine!

I saw before u edited out link Ent...

LMAO

Poor princess... and poor wife too i guess xD

EDIT:

Probably good u got rid of the link, knowing some ppls on these forums you'd have ended up with a 5 page long Abuse thread ;)

Did you look at the second episode too? :D

RD.... The Android is the funniest ;)

Ummmmmmmm. Kryten 2X4B 523P is a Series 4000 mechanoid, not an android - he does watch the soap opera "androids" though ;P

It’s cold outside, there’s no kind of atmosphere,

I’m all along, more or less.

alone, not along

It's just a shame that Clare Grogan didn't come back when Kristine Kochanski was reintroduced (I'm showing what stage of adolescence I was at when this programme was originally on the goggle-box)