Eternal Lands Official Forums
0ctane

Macintosh OS X client 1.4.0 bugs thread

PPC users: there are a lot of keyboard shortcut problems right now. Here is what you need to do...

Right click (or ctrl + click) on the el_osx game and select "Show Package Contents"

Navigate to Contents->Resources->data.

delete the
keys.ini
file

I will have this fixed for the next version.

Thanks a lot, 0ctane, this solved my keyboard issues. :closedeyes:

I appreciate the offers to help, and I am sure I will be tapping some of you for assistance. The Mac coding team has expanded from 1 (me) to maybe 3, so hopefully bug will be fixed faster than in the past.

You are always welcome and I would be glad to help You in keeping the Mac client alive and further developed. :(

Hmm, Octane, the el.ibi file showed the standard AFK msg/time, from when you start EL for the very very first time. Though it shows different stuff in the options menu and also when people msg me while I'm afk...

I edit the el.ini with my texteditor, right? While the game is not open.

Hmm, Octane, the el.ibi file showed the standard AFK msg/time, from when you start EL for the very very first time. Though it shows different stuff in the options menu and also when people msg me while I'm afk...

I edit the el.ini with my texteditor, right? While the game is not open.

Whatever is in the el.ini file will be the default AFK message. Typing "#afk blah" at the game console will not edit the el.ini file ... it will only change the message for that AFK session. Use a text editor to edit your el.ini file if you want to change the default message. If you screw-up the el.ini file, the game might not start, so be careful.

Again, not a bug. PM me if you (or anyone else) want further clarification on this issue.

Okay, I have made a new 1.4.0.1b version available that fixes the PPC keyboard shortcut issue. There are no other changes at this time. If you previously deleted key.ini, you do not need to get this version. If you want to modify keyboard shortcuts, then you need this version or later.

I am having the problem of not being able to use arrow keys to rotate camera. I also cant get my stats to show up in HUD. I also found that alt-h and ctrl+number for using items in INV doesnt work. I am on a G4 powerbook.

Smee

I am having the problem of not being able to use arrow keys to rotate camera. I also cant get my stats to show up in HUD. I also found that alt-h and ctrl+number for using items in INV doesnt work. I am on a G4 powerbook.

Smee

Did you read the first post, and perform it?

Smee

Did you read the first post, and perform it?

Well, there is a chance that Smee got the 1401a version right before I uploaded the new 1401b version (and changed the first post). Smee, grab 1401b from my website, and you should have no problems.

- I already studied Nail building and Rope building some days ago, but in the knowledge window they show up as if I hadn't read them.

I also have problem with Books I have read not showing up as highlighted in white text in the Knowledge Tab of the Statistics Window since the new version 1.4.0

Blue Quartz Mining

Rose Quartz Mining

Quartz Mining

...these are the books that no longer show as having been read. The Counters Tab entry for Harvest shows totals of 187/30/25 respectively. Presumably these figures would not be there if I'd never read those books.

When I try to mine these 3 items now, I get a message about not having that knowledge.

Something these 3 books have in common though, is that I bought them about 3 versions of the Client ago, on a Special Day called Peace Day - it was safe then for my character to go get them :)

I have 1.4.01b of the Mac OSX Client

Mac OS X Version 10.4.9

iMac G5 (not an Intel Mac)

PowerMac8,2

2 GHz PowerPC G5 (3.1)

2 GB DDR SDRAM

...these are the books that no longer show as having been read. The Counters Tab entry for Harvest shows totals of 187/30/25 respectively. Presumably these figures would not be there if I'd never read those books.

When I try to mine these 3 items now, I get a message about not having that knowledge.

Something these 3 books have in common though, is that I bought them about 3 versions of the Client ago, on a Special Day called Peace Day - it was safe then for my character to go get them :)

Whether-or-not you can harvest something is dependant on messages from the server, not from the client. I will pass along this potential bug to upper-ups. Is it possible that you did the harvesting on a "no knowledge required" day (rhetorical question)? Those figures could be there if that is the case. And, that would explain why those books were not read, but you were still able to harvest minerals in the past.

Okay, I have made a new 1.4.0.1b version available that fixes the PPC keyboard shortcut issue. There are no other changes at this time. If you previously deleted key.ini, you do not need to get this version. If you want to modify keyboard shortcuts, then you need this version or later.

I use that version since yesterday and all problems I previously reported are gone. :)

When harvesting at the outhouse in SRM, if I stop harvesting, or am stopped due to MN, I find that I am unable to start harvesting again. The cursor turns to the harvest icon, but when I click on the outhouse again, nothing happens. Harvesting something else, however, seems to reset it. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm using 1.4.0b on a 1.5Ghz G4 Powerbook, 64 Mb video, 512 Mb ram.

Edited by Lyeowar

Lyeowar: please try waiting a minute or two and harvest again. The further below recommended level you are, the long you'll have to wait before trying to re-harvest. Unless your harv level is very close to or above 100, or waiting 5min doesn't fix it, I'd say it's simply working as designed.

BTW, I contacted Apple about the shadow FBO problem.

If they respond, I hope you (0ctane) can talk with them about it, since you are the only developer that has a Mac.

Guest SkyRidge

i have a MacBook OS X 10.4.9 and plenty of other numbers, the only proble is that the server can't connect!

Then i tried the other Mac ( lightly lower standards ) and it works very properly. Y is my nice MacBook not connecting????

i have a MacBook OS X 10.4.9 and plenty of other numbers, the only proble is that the server can't connect!

Then i tried the other Mac ( lightly lower standards ) and it works very properly. Y is my nice MacBook not connecting????

We have a few other people with MacBooks who connect without trouble. You may want to check your internet settings. Are you using a proxy? What is the error message that is displayed? Are there any additional error messages in your error_log.txt file? You can find that file in /Users/<your name>/Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands.

I have a imac intel dual core with OSX 5.

I have noticed that I can not get a notes window by pressing ctrl-n. Has this been deprecated? Or is this a problem with the el client? It is nice to have notes about different things in el. I am in the LNX guild and the linux version recognizes ctrl-n for notes. :)

I have built the CVS client with the help of 0ctane and have noticed problems in certain areas. The display shows a green film over the area. I can not harvest when this film is present. If I rotate the view the film will disappear but if I rotate further the film reappears. I noticed these things while in EVTR. In the cave there are blanked out views in certain areas. Again rotating the view clears it up. :)

I have built the CVS client with the help of 0ctane and have noticed problems in certain areas. The display shows a green film over the area. I can not harvest when this film is present. If I rotate the view the film will disappear but if I rotate further the film reappears. I noticed these things while in EVTR. In the cave there are blanked out views in certain areas. Again rotating the view clears it up. :)

You need to post over in the 1.5.x bugs thread. This was the old thread (that should probably be closed).

This problem is probably due to reflections. Turn them off for now, and read that other thread.

Cheers.