Eternal Lands Official Forums
0ctane

Macintosh OS X client 1.4.0 bugs thread

This is the "official" OS X bugs thread for the 1.4.x client release. I will update this first message as problems are identified and fixed. The client is linked to from the EL download page, or go to the official el_osx site to download. A MUG (Macintosh User Group) list is here.

If you think you have found a bug, please try to determine if it is OS X specific before posting. General bugs should be posted elsewhere.

Current EL version 1.4.0

Mac version .1b (10.4 Universal Binary)

Note:

If you are looking for it (and did not pay attention to my website) the el.ini file is found in ~/Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands.

Note 2:

PLEASE, when you post a bug, include the type of Mac you use and the OS version.

Known issues (other than those listed in the ReadMe):

Do Not Turn On Shadow Mapping. Major badness.

This was primarily built on a i386 MacBook Pro.

I have done my best to test this on a G5 iMac, but there still may be problems.

I have not yet made a OS 10.3.x version yet due to some technical difficulties. However, I am getting close to making one. I briefly have access to a 10.3.9 system, and things are looking okay so far. Stay tuned.

Finally, stay on topic please. This thread is for identifying bugs in the OS X client.

This is a BUGS thread for version 1.4.0 now. General comments/flames on this Mac port can go here.

[edit] new 1.4.0.1b version available with fixed PPC keyboard issue.

Edited by 0ctane

I running EL client on a simple Core Duo (not core 2 duo) MacBook. sometimes the old darkness problem coming (what is discussed earlier, concerning the computers using Intel chipsets),

but it is now only seen on the actors and some objects

(i have eyecandy enabled, and it seems to be ok).

OSX is 10.4.9

bug2.jpg

Edited by csiga

I just downloaded from your page today (it is 1401a).

Found the same blinking effect in PL sto, and in the PL sapphire cave too.

So much for someone providing me with the correct data files. I will look into it (and the blinking thing). Follow up in PM regarding this.

Hi 0ctane,

I tested Your version 1.4.0.1a today and encountered the following bugs on my machine.

- The up/down and left/right arrow keys don't work.

- alt+b and alt+h don't work.

- I already studied Nail building and Rope building some days ago, but in the knowledge window they show up as if I hadn't read them.

My System:

PowerMac 9600 with German keyboard, PPC G4 7450 700MHz, 768MB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.9, ATI Radeon 9200 (128MB VRAM)

I tried to delete the el.ini, but that didn't help. Your version 1.3.3_rc1 still works without problems.

I took the data files from the 1.4.0RC2 linux tar.gz and they work with my CVS 1.4.0 client.

Yeah, mine seems fine. And I have the same hardware as csiga. [edit] csiga has a regular MacBook with Intel graphics. Intel graphics are known to have problems with the current NEW_E3D_FORMAT on other systems too.[/edit]

Hi 0ctane,

I tested Your version 1.4.0.1a today and encountered the following bugs on my machine.

- The up/down and left/right arrow keys don't work.

- alt+b and alt+h don't work.

- I already studied Nail building and Rope building some days ago, but in the knowledge window they show up as if I hadn't read them.

My System:

PowerMac 9600 with German keyboard, PPC G4 7450 700MHz, 768MB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.9, ATI Radeon 9200 (128MB VRAM)

I tried to delete the el.ini, but that didn't help. Your version 1.3.3_rc1 still works without problems.

Hmm.... Is this a system with an upgraded processor? The keys thing might be a US vs. Internatinal keyboard layout issue. As for the knowledge, sounds like a general game problem, but I will try to look into it.

Edited by 0ctane

As for the knowledge, sounds like a general game problem, but I will try to look into it.
a while back I had a report that finishing reading a book set it right, but when you logged in it would be dark. ent said it was client side, I checked, it wasn't... so I assume it'll be all better once the server is updated

Hmm.... Is this a system with an upgraded processor? The keys thing might be a US vs. Internatinal keyboard layout issue. As for the knowledge, sounds like a general game problem, but I will try to look into it.

Yes, it's an upgraded system with a Sonnettech processor card.

I never had any keyboard issues with Your previous versions 1.3.3.1a and 1.3.3_rc1.

I never had any keyboard issues with Your previous versions 1.3.3.1a and 1.3.3_rc1.

Ug. More fun from the switch to new formats. Since it is an upgraded system, it will take me a while longer to debug. Although, it might be related to the Tab not working for PPCs. Will communicate via PM for this bug.

Ug. More fun from the switch to new formats. Since it is an upgraded system, it will take me a while longer to debug. Although, it might be related to the Tab not working for PPCs. Will communicate via PM for this bug.

Earlier i see the keyboard handling routine was changed, it also make problems on PCs equipped with different keyboard layout than U.S., because the left and right Alt now handled as the same way (there is no Alt Gr anymore). It causes for example if i want to press the #-sign on Hungarian or German keyboard, the client will exit, because it is equals to Alt-X currently :(

It is good after the server update.

Same bugs than elrondra on an original PowerMac G4 MDD 1.25Ghz, 1.5mb ram running os X 10.4.9 french language and US keyboard layouts.

Tab and F1 key don't work too...

Impossible to play without maps or arrows...

Same bugs than elrondra on an original PowerMac G4 MDD 1.25Ghz, 1.5mb ram running os X 10.4.9 french language and US keyboard layouts.

Tab and F1 key don't work too...

Impossible to play without maps or arrows...

Use the instructions provided for the Single mouse button options on http://www.0ctane.net/elosx.html for the moment until this bug will be fixed:

• Option/Alt-click & drag = change camera angle

'click' is 'left click' on a mouse with more than one button.

For the maps use the menu at the bottom of the screen.

Same problem on an iMac G4 1ghz... (Luxo model) running 10.3.9

I have try differents keyboard layouts, same problem...

Must be G4 related problem...

I also tried different keyboard layouts in the system settings, but it didn't work.

0ctane,

Since we are forced to use the Mac client 1.4.0.1a due to the latest server update, please let me know if I could be of any help to fix these really annoying bugs. I tested all keyboard shortcuts and none of them work on my Mac except for alt+enter to change from full screen to windowed view.

I appreciate the offers to help, and I am sure I will be tapping some of you for assistance. The Mac coding team has expanded from 1 (me) to maybe 3, so hopefully bug will be fixed faster than in the past.

Since the keyboard issue only popped up recently, we will hopefully be able to fix it quickly. Until then (as Elrondra pointed out) you are stuck using the buttons at the bottom and the quickbar.

I/we are working on the 10.3.9 client right now, so please refrain from posting about that right now. Let's keep this thread to finding bugs.

For users of the 1401a version, please see the first post on how to "fix" the keyboard issues. No longer applicable.

Edited by 0ctane

I'm having problems with the arrows keys, as some have mentioned aswell, for camera control. I can freely move clicking around though. I have an ATI card, so I tried the ATI bug but that won't allow me to click anymore.

Running on a G4 PPC OSX 10.4.9.

I'm having problems with the arrows keys, as some have mentioned aswell, for camera control. I can freely move clicking around though. I have an ATI card, so I tried the ATI bug but that won't allow me to click anymore.

Running on a G4 PPC OSX 10.4.9.

PPC users: there are a lot of keyboard shortcut problems right now. Here is what you need to do...

Right click (or ctrl + click) on the el_osx game and select "Show Package Contents"

Navigate to Contents->Resources->data.

delete the
keys.ini
file

Yes I've read it, but I don't refer arrow keys to shortcut problems...might be my bad. Either way I deleted it, off to test it now!

EDIT; And apperently it works, tyvm. :cry:

Also I'd like to add, a problem that already occured in the previous version, I can't change or delete the AFk time/msg in the options menu. I can manage to change the msg with the key command or maybe the el.ini file. Either way wanted to let you know...it might be useful =/

Edited by drakoon

Yes I've read it, but I don't refer arrow keys to shortcut problems...might be my bad. Either way I deleted it, off to test it now!

EDIT; And apperently it works, tyvm. :)

:closedeyes:
Also I'd like to add, a problem that already occured in the previous version, I can't change or delete the AFk time/msg in the options menu. I can manage to change the msg with the key command or maybe the el.ini file. Either way wanted to let you know...it might be useful =/
Yup, you cannot change it from the options menu. Is it not to your liking? :( Editing the el.ini file works as you have mentioned. You can also change your AFK message in-game.
#afk I think this message is better than the one 0ctane gave us

Otherwise you are SOL. :( Not really a bug in my book, but I will add it to the Things To Do List .