Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

2 new text commands

Guest baneazaghal

The point is that getting spam messages in channels 1/2/3 is a bit annoying, to be honest. I think that players should be free to say "I'm bored" on other channels, but not on some of these official channels (I'm guessing that channel 4 might be included as well).

P.S.

while (pointNotSeen) readAgain(); //Don't write bloated code for no reason ;)

P.S.S.

This is a joke, so please don't stop selling me those precious sapphires...

My gosh, beaverhunter, who peed in your breakfast today?

like Aislinn said, all suggestions are welcome (at least most of them) and this is a creative idea. just because you don't lik it doesnt mean you should totally be a rainy day

anyways, back to the topic, I think the 'I am bored' is a pretty good idea... though perhaps hard to incorperate. although, it would be nice i it applied to local chat as well in crowded areas

Hmm.... seems like a good idea, but i could make newbies frusterated, though if they are saying im bored maybe they do deserve to be logged off. Fun idea though

Oh and beaver, why must you get so upset? its just suggestions, thinking out loud really :cry:

Beaverhunter...as boring as it may seem to you... we like to have fun while playing this game. I fail to see anything wrong with not having to hear people say i'm bored. If your bored while playing the game, then do something else and not be bored. At least if your bored, you aint gotta say it out loud and point out what other games are better, and you really dont have to refer to runescape while your playing. As far as more counters go..whats the point really? How does that help anyone other than yourself? And really, whats left to count? They already count what you kill,harvest,alch,magic, and tons of other stuff, how could you pssibly need more? and before you state that nobody on this thread can do anything... you might wanna re-check the first page and see if any forum admins have posted approval of the idea. I think you'll find they have.

It's obviously pointless posting since you seem to miss my points completely every single time or at least never acknowledges when my points are true..., while supporting barely serious suggestions rather than the more thought through ones... so this is the last post in this thread...

Those are not even remotely comparable examples in similarity...

"I'm bored" censoring/triggering would be a completely new feature that would add _confusion_ to people not aware of this, and also it wouldn't add anything to make people less bored... I mean do you seriously suggest that it's a good idea to "kick" people from the game as soon as they find it abit boring for the moment?.. Now that's a solution to all problems, eh?

You are merely hiding the problem or pushing it ahead on the timeschedule rather than fixing anything at all.

The counter thing on the other hand only enhances gameplay as those who are interested in numbers and keeping a history of their characters progress can do so, even better/easier, while at the same time not ruining or confusing any other part of the gameplay. Everything goes on as "normal" but with improvements, at not that much work/cost coding/time-wise.

while (PointNotSeen == true)

{

ReadAgain();

}

Did you ever heard about a brainstorming process in your life?

Its about to let everyone tell anything about something... this forum section is like a brainstorming process where everyone are alowed to tell what comes in their minds (being the ideas factible or not isnt a matter for the brainstorming process, its the next step, and this step only MODS ca nrun :))

Your opinion in this thread simply ruim the process cause someone that have one idea get stupid comments like that will think twice before post it here again cause he wont want to have ppl thinking baddly about him

dont tell other ppl idea sucks or it not aplyable (ive done it once in past im not totally inocent here, but ive changed my behavior) just let it goes on, if you have nothing to add about the sugestion, just dont participate in the thread.

what about a teleport to the underworld without losing items?

anything funny would be good, keeps the game well... more fun.

what about a teleport to the underworld without losing items?

anything funny would be good, keeps the game well... more fun.

good idea :P

but isnt that what #suicide is for but actually losing things?

Holy smeg. Didn't realise when I posted this that it was going to step on some toes. Seriously though don't hi-jack someone elses thread for your soapbox.

I might have over-reacted with my first post. Maybe toning it back a little.

typing

@I am bored (&the like)

would be like typing

#suicide

typing

@I am so bored (&the like)

would be like typing

#exit

As a side note: I don't see this confounding newbies because I personally have never seen anyone truely new saying that. It is always someone that has gotten into the game & then lost direction.

I'm sure I have said "I am bored" before. :) Maybe not in a long time but still. Sometimes life just gets to you and saying those words can sometimes find its' way to someone who cares and cheers you up.

[please don't flame me :(]

I still like the idea though, and giving punishment to people saying "this game sux" etc does appeal to me greatly. :PProbably because I have never said it. :pinch: and I would like to extend the "f** u" idea to people who over-use initialisms such as "omfg" "lmfao" and other such terms that are really a way to use words that would otherwise be filtered in local and channels. Yes, I know they are just letters, but we all know what they are saying.

In my opinion; afew people use these terms far too loosly, although I am undecided on the Hulda teleport abuse issue. Could end up like a c2 beam, is that good or bad? It's risky to end up where you do, but still, atleast the terms are removed. At the same time "f** u" by someone who really has been made to feel very bad, will probably log off after... so perhaps in that case I personally would apply "#exit" (and perhaps an automated ban of <= 24 hours).

*adds some bolds and itallics to break up the paragraphs*