Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ishan

IP banned

Just been informed my characters were banned for multiing? wondering why, I read a post on the fourms stating that these rules weren't in play to keep family members from helping each other...can you please elaborate on why it has happened and what i can do to have this fixed/cleared up? this is in regards to L33t

Shakyamuni, Badbumper, Missy69, XcameronX, Kaziganthi, Ishan, L33t, SavannahJade, Sleepy_Eeyore, Daddy_Stitch....I think thats all....

You forgot xcameronx9, peace, original, daragon, bluesky11, queen_kapow, cut_throat, etc...

Also by your own words all of you traded multiple times with your own alts...assuming your story was remotely truthful.

I am not sure what you think you have been allowed to do for 2 years but this sure isn't it.

ok now if you want to jump to conclusions then we will get nowhere Cut_throat was my character, but i traded for XcameronX ... as for xcameronx9, peace, original, daragon, bluesky11, queen_kapow I have no connection to any one of them...if you can check all this info you should be able to see that chances are the ip of the above are all from somewhere very far away i live in Nova Scotia Canada, and I can almost bet they live in USA

heck, for all that matter if this has anything to do with XcameronX or his alts prior to me owning the character i will delete him asap to clear this up, and its not illegal/against the rules to trade with family/friends on same comp...as per the post in forums

and what is ment by " Also by your own words all of you traded multiple times with your own alts...assuming your story was remotely truthful."

ok now if you want to jump to conclusions then we will get nowhere Cut_throat was my character, but i traded for XcameronX ... as for xcameronx9, peace, original, daragon, bluesky11, queen_kapow I have no connection to any one of them...if you can check all this info you should be able to see that chances are the ip of the above are all from somewhere very far away i live in Nova Scotia Canada, and I can almost bet they live in USA

Ok logs bear out there was a switch, and this crowd will be dealt with separately. (What a tangled web we make when we mix and match characters :) )

However that doesn't change what happened while you had cut_throat, or all these characters on your two major IP's. You can't trade with your own alts, and you can't use other people's characters (mains or alts) as middlemen, with them or without them or their permission, or bag trade, or what have you.

Not even counting the scamming, which is technically legal until you get those goods off it onto another one.

I seriously don't know what to do with this mess.

Well I am glad that you cleared up the mixup with alts I too agree alt switching makes things confusing, but I want to clear up the fact that I am not a SCAMMER never have never will be, I myself have been scammed out of my original character and many pieces of gear...If I have done something with "my characters" that is considered illegal I am very sorry, I have been doing same as I always have and never been told any different...But I also want to clear SavannahJade as she is innocent of doing anything if it has to do with "swapping" gear from xcameronx to SavannahJade I was under the impression that since she already owned any of the equip i was giving to her there was no troubles...cause she was giving 1 character something and 1 character was giving her something...my 2 characters that i use actively dont interact with each other because this is what i was told multi-ing is...If im wrong I am very sorry I am even willing to part with XcameronX and any other alt to keep this from happening again...And again I am very sorry that any of this has happened

Is there anything at all that I can do to help straighten this out or help come to a resolve? cause I really don't know what I have done wrong but I will own up to any actions that i have done, I just trying to figure out if I will ever be getting L33t back, if SavannahJade can have her character back, or are we to start characters over altogether, or just drop it and not bother playing anymore:(

I'll say it again.

There are a LOT of logs here. A LOT Of same IP trading, way way way more than the normal "help your gf/bf". By both SavannahJade and l33t. Both with each other, with cut_throat, xcameronx, and with her own alt (by your words) Sleepy_eeyore. I imagine there was even more when one of you was on the second IP you all use.

This is not the average "can't a family help each other" set of logs. Personally I think it looks like the classic "lets use my spouse's character as a middleman since everybody knows there's two of us anyway" situation.

This is not a decision I will make alone, but based on what I see in the logs, i don't like the odds for these characters to get unlocked.

Like I said with my last post I own up to giving SavannahJade gear and her Giving me gear but as I said I was under the impression that as long as she already had the stuff its not cheating, cause I'm not getting her anything that she can't get herself vise versa...I already said I am more then willing to delete all of my alts to keep this from happening again...If im not getting my char back and your taking hers from her then fine I will give the game about a week if I can't get back up to decent skills again I will just give up....I have taken the precautions to read the rules and posts about the rules I figured since noone was 'gaining' anything they couldn't do themselves/gain themselves there was no benefits....If I was confused by this then its not your fault its my own for making the assumption...I have no problem owning up to my actions but like I said didn't think anything was being done wrong, and on another note if there is "so much" of this going on why wouldn't someone do something about it sooner...if at any time it was brought to either of our attention I can guarentee I would have stopped and pretty sure she would have too, noone is willing to work for years just to do a stupid trade to throw it all away

and on another note if there is "so much" of this going on why wouldn't someone do something about it sooner...if at any time it was brought to either of our attention I can guarentee I would have stopped and pretty sure she would have too, noone is willing to work for years just to do a stupid trade to throw it all away

Do you really think we have nothing better to do than go through the online list and check everybody's logs every day? Things come to our attention in various ways, but we aren't going around assuming everybody is guilty and inspecting them on a regular basis.

oh sry, don't know how the system works, thought it was something that just "shows up" Ip-IP trade or something like that, my bad

just really upset about this cause like i said never knew anything was wrong, you can ask everyone in game even do a global msg asking ppl to pm there thoughts of SavannahJade and L33t .... I don't know just don't really wanna quit the game but my first character I created was scammed off me, and now Im about to lose my last character...If you were in the same situation you too would feel the same way...and you can probally look back to the very first time i played the game this same type of stuff was happening all the way back, why? because I didn't think it was cheating in any way I work hard to get what I get...but I can guarentee that if I do get my character back it will not happen from this day forward b/c now its very clear...just really sucks that it comes down to this for me to find out...I know others that were warned that if they didn't return items that were traded they would be locked...I got none of this I got logged off in mid game...not even a pm saying your locked then booted off