Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
squiz

CVS Client on gentoo linux - white screen.

I just compiled the CVS client without errors. When I try to start the app, I get a white screen. I see a background of a different colour however, where the greeting text usually is.

Any clues?

I am running gentoo linux with the binary nvidia drivers.

Sounds like you don't have the data files (blobs instead of text = invalid font, etc)

#data_dir should be the same as it is in your original el.ini. If you run windows, just name the executable something other than el.exe or elSSE2.exe and put it in your C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands folder. And actually, you probably do want to overwrite your existing client, as CVS is very seldom less reliable.

#data_dir should be the same as it is in your original el.ini. If you run windows, just name the executable something other than el.exe or elSSE2.exe and put it in your C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands folder.

CVS Client on gentoo linux

On Gentoo, the data dir is in your global games directory, in the folder called eternal_lands.

Edited by crusadingknight

Thanks. I downloaded the latest data files from the beplacid site. Now the client starts, but when I attempt to logon it segfaults.

Have a check in the make.conf and check that the cpu architecture matches your PC. I had this issue a couple of weeks ago and it took a while to find that for some reason the CVS has a specific architecture set instead of leaving it to the compiler.