Eternal Lands Official Forums

How do people get all these chat logs?? It would be useful to me for storage sales and scams but how do I do it? Please note I'm new at these log things so please actually explain.

~Plain

If you have windows, you go to my documents and go to the el folder. There is a file there called chat_log, open it and there you go.

There is no el folder....

~Plain

assuming nothing has been changed on your system from normal install...

open up windows explorer, Win+E is easiest.

then double click on "drive C:", then on "Program Files" then on "Eternal Lands" and then "chat_log"

note that it will likely be very large, so it may take a little bit to open

as ttl said it might be very big, mine got up to 80 mbs 00, a good thing to do would be to delete your chat log or archive it by weeks or every month that way it wont take so long to open and semi easier to know where too look if your trying to remember a conversation u had last month..

click my computer, program files, eternal lands incase u didn't get what they said above :x

If you are linux user then default location for log is ~/.elc/chat_log

And for backuping you might want to use logrotate or other tool that you use for rotation of your system logs.

But if you're trying to prove something to someone, such as outlaws or bans part of el forum, it would be better to get a screenshot of the official log from the console part in el while you play that one on the console gets deleted every time you log out.

as ttl said it might be very big, mine got up to 80 mbs 00, a good thing to do would be to delete your chat log or archive it by weeks or every month that way it wont take so long to open and semi easier to know where too look if your trying to remember a conversation u had last month..

click my computer, program files, eternal lands incase u didn't get what they said above :x

Ok found it thanks, how do I "archive" it?

~Plain

Ok found it thanks, how do I "archive" it?

~Plain

Rename it to something else than chat_log... I rename it (right click and click Rename, or select the file and press F2) to chat_log1, chat_log2 and so on, after the filesize reaches 20MB I usually do this. (see the status bar or rightclick on the file and click Properties)

Then all your new chat will come into chat_log and the renamed file will stay there at it's current size.