Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
squiz

hydro ore counter - 2 errors

I am still running 1.3.3 Beta.

Sorry if this has already been reported. I did a very rudimentary search.

I just mined 29 Hydro ore. My counters show 36 hydro ore having been mined this session. I mined without a harv cape, so they were mined one at a time.

I have only made one other hydro trip before, when I mined about 27 ore. My total counters however show 293. Hmmm.

A third problem, which probably deserves another thread is that if you kill the client without saving, you lose your session counters. Entering "#save" regularly is a workaround though.

I also have a more generic question. Why are the counters saved on the client in the first place? It would make much more sense to save such info on the server. Is this info also available on the server? If so it would be great to be able to refresh it occasionally.

I just checked again and now my counters show 147 hydro ore this session and 404 total. I haven't mined any hydro since of course.

I just mined 29 Hydro ore. My counters show 36 hydro ore having been mined this session. I mined without a harv cape, so they were mined one at a time.
harv cape won't affect it. but what probably happened was that you got more stuff in your inventory before you had another 'started to harvest' message. it's a known problem, but already fixed for the next version
I have only made one other hydro trip before, when I mined about 27 ore. My total counters however show 293. Hmmm.
most likely the same problem
A third problem, which probably deserves another thread is that if you kill the client without saving, you lose your session counters. Entering "#save" regularly is a workaround though.
unless we go for periodic automatic saving, there's not much more that can be done... saving everytime something changed would get painfull (eg: automixing FEs)
I also have a more generic question. Why are the counters saved on the client in the first place? It would make much more sense to save such info on the server. Is this info also available on the server? If so it would be great to be able to refresh it occasionally.
it saves a lot of storage space on the server, and isn't needed on the server, it's mostly a 'for your interest' feature. the server doesn't have any info like this saved AFAIK

Thanks for the answer. It is good to hear that the counters bug is fixed in the next version.

I am just curious as to how much space it would really take up, keeping such info on the server. My counters file is only 4kB. If there are 10k people registered, then that is 40MB, which is not huge. Maybe it is a lot percentage-wise though, I don't know.

Although an asthetic feature, it adds to the fun of the game. After all, isn't accumulating points a big part of such games? :laugh: