Eternal Lands Official Forums

Ok, please let me know about the blackness, as soon as you find out. if it's just a drivers issue, that's good, no more work for us.

It's still black :D

And for some reason, I can't play on more than 1 client at a time anymore. The second lags out continuously. Thanks for the great driver update Intel :(

EDIT: Rebooting again seems to have fixed my second client lag problem...hopefully.

Edited by CelticLady

I really wonder if the Intel drivers have some problem with displaying the lights? Because otherwise I don't see why it would do that only at night.

Regarding the fight crashes, does that happen on Linux too?

Ok, I am in the tahraji desert, at: 297 211, as Gicu

I am fighting an ogre in god mode, so he can't hurt me, and I can't hurt him either because of my n00b levels.

Now, those who have crash problems, please go there (with a MM cape) and wait until it crashes, then you can debug it more reliably.

Today I tried kill some black dragons and client crashed 2 times (I killed 6 dragons) and I had many resync with server, in error log is nothing, but both crashes was while dragon hitted me with tail, so maybe problem with animation, I'll try it at evening again.

I have:

[21:13:47] Video card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 x86/SSE2
[21:13:47] Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.
[21:13:47] OpenGL Version: 2.0.5524 WinXP Release

Ok, so can we have someone with the crash problem that can debug go to my location on the test server? I am attacked by 7 monsters, so it should crash right away..

Ok, I am in the tahraji desert, at: 297 211, as Gicu

I am fighting an ogre in god mode, so he can't hurt me, and I can't hurt him either because of my n00b levels.

Now, those who have crash problems, please go there (with a MM cape) and wait until it crashes, then you can debug it more reliably.

well, I went there, and got repetitive resynchs... took a while to trace down the problem, but I found it... there's too many monsters attacking you! the queue of actor commands grows until it hits the max, and that causes a resynch.

this reminds me of the other thread I made about how the server seems to think actions go faster than the client does (walking forwards to open a bag, the window is open before we get there, going to fight, and xp messages before we get to combat, and other stuff like this)

I don't know if it's related to the crash... but it is a problem (an old one that's showing up here a lot worse than usual because there's so many critters attacking your char for an extended period of time)

ed: now that I know what the problem is, I'll go idle there s'more, but I suspect this may mess with the crash bug even if it isn't related (constant update of actors, etc)

Edited by ttlanhil

Been there for hours now, tried both CVS and RC2 client... both no crashes.

My advise is to check on the animation files and animation calls. Playing around with animations can easily create crashes so if there is one wrong call in there or a "corrupt" animation it's a crash.

Also for everyone with the crash to make sure they have a CLEAN install of RC2/3. And auto update OFF, with custom update OFF. Those with CVS could even exclude these flags.

Yes, the resync problem is well known, but it in practice it doesn't happen that often. But OK, will try something else.