Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Terrorgrim

Wild Dragon

A thought just came to me and I think it sounds like a good idea.

I'd like to see a wild dragon. I know there's a baby dragon planned in the update. But a fully grown one that randomly flys around some of the maps. Just the one, but you don't know where it'll turn up until you see the shadow of it flying overhead.

Maybe over three or four of the maps in C2?

Obviously this would be dangerous to anyone nearby. But it'd certainly keep people on there toes, and creat a little more excitement as any activity within the chosen maps would be that more dangerous.

What does everyone think?

I'd like to see a wild dragon.

As opposed to the tame, domesticated dragon in the game?

I know there's a baby dragon planned in the update.

Nope, none planned. Just another tame dragon :omg:

I'd like to see a wild dragon.

As opposed to the tame, domesticated dragon in the game?

Lol, as opposed to one hiding in the cave. Wild as in it roams freely. :omg:

The reason why there isn't a dragon on an outside map yet is because the dragon is very strong, and ignores mm, so not many people would go there. There may be one map I will put a dragon on, but that is for the future :omg:

A thought just came to me and I think it sounds like a good idea.

I'd like to see a wild dragon. I know there's a baby dragon planned in the update. But a fully grown one that randomly flys around some of the maps. Just the one, but you don't know where it'll turn up until you see the shadow of it flying overhead.

Maybe over three or four of the maps in C2?

Obviously this would be dangerous to anyone nearby. But it'd certainly keep people on there toes, and creat a little more excitement as any activity within the chosen maps would be that more dangerous.

What does everyone think?

I have always thought the idea of a roaming dragon would be a good one.. maybe it could be C2's answer to Invasion and the GWIS early warning systems works with it as well.. ( lets you know which map the dragon will spawn in , in a given time) and then the dragon stays in the chosen/random map for a set period of time ( say 2 hours ) unless killed.

Yes I know the dragon is a powerful creature and that its chosen map would be very dangerous for the time period but wouldnt this bring abit more excitement to the game..... " The Dragon has left it's lair to feed.. Warning it will arrive in Palon Vertas in 5 minutes"

Personally I think it will make the Dragon's the creature they should be and worthy of being in the game and a creature to be feared.

The reason why there isn't a dragon on an outside map yet is because the dragon is very strong, and ignores mm, so not many people would go there. There may be one map I will put a dragon on, but that is for the future :evilgrin:

Jurrasic Park with dragons? :omg:

Yes that is great idea Terrorgrim!

Flying dragon and mad Wizard that appears at random places (better without warning, and only on cirtain maps of course) who casts

some unresistable spells that affect all people near him (like destroing item in your inventory,

sending you to any map on his choice or even killing you :omg:

We really need some more epic events not only invasions in votd cave.

And don't tell that people will avoid that places, if the events are rare enough and places are 'good'

(places that people like because of resource or spawns) they really can forget about this perils and be burned by

dragon or lose nmt cape because of mad Wizard :evilgrin:

what about a Artic Dragon or Tundra Dragon (i think they mean the same things)

Dragon dwells in Hulda with the Artic chim

We really need some more epic events not only invasions in votd cave.

And don't tell that people will avoid that places, if the events are rare enough and places are 'good'

(places that people like because of resource or spawns) they really can forget about this perils and be burned by

dragon or lose nmt cape because of mad Wizard :omg:

Exactly, say the Dragons appears maybe two or three times a week? In one of three or four maps on C2. The events will be too rare to scare people away for good. And if the Dragon only picks one person to kill and then flys away it wouldn't be too bad....just bad enough to keep you looking over your shoulder!

If it's in popular areas, even better! It means more people will be affected ie: Adrenaline rush, false alarms by players. Suspense and wonder lol

We would need a princess or two to feed a dragon. I would prefer seeing dragons rather rare. Once they're commong they become just boring. Let's just wait for Roja to present some of her plans.

I love this! Added danger like this is always welcome! I have died several times to the drag, and I know how it feels to lose your precious items, but I still think it would be worth it for the adrenaline rush. Besides, its would encourage teamwork, with harvesters/whoever doing what they needed on the map and fighters protecting them. I am fervently hoping for the devs to consider this.

And as for being common, it would be a pretty rare event, maybe once or twice every EL month? Enough to make people beware, but rare enough for people to go there a lot and run the risk. Oh, and it should be somewhere with no tele spells, telerings, #beam me, or anything of the kind to make it more risky.

I am also considering sacrifices. Sacrifice a certain summoned (no stones) animal to the dragon, and it ignores you until it gets hungry again. This could add a reason for people to train summoning, a skill that I understand is not as practiced as some of the others are.

We actually already thought of making the red dragon attack the village from time to time. Thought people would hate it though :P

We actually already thought of making the red dragon attack the village from time to time. Thought people would hate it though :P

A few people might hate it but im pretty sure the majority of EL would love it, and also make use of the Dragon ( at the moment its just a zoo creature. " lets go see the Dragon") when in reality it should be a menace to the whole of EL

side note: Roja spent time and care designing a good looking Dragon surely its deserves a bigger part in the game

An old fanciful idea of mine involved a dragon laying siege to a well-used resource for an EL-day (such as crystal caverns).

Although this would be a pain, there is already a special day (green day) which renders the caverns almost useless :P

The original idea was fanciful, however, because it involved rewarding all those who atleast tried to defeat it. In reality I am not sure how much 'fun' it would be for the community to try and defeat, but perhaps a debut Seridian appearance could please some players just to see it. I think there has to be a way of allowing a dragon to appear in a monumental event :P if only it would come to one of us :P

A periodic terrorizing of C2 could be a good change. The dragon leaves its lair and roams about NRM for a while. If it remains undefeated for a period of time it moves to another adjacent map. Thus, it would be up to the players to put it back in its cave so to speak. If they don't it continues to roam about from map to map periodically.

I'd love to see something like this added, and I'd still far from a match for the dragon alone or likely in most groups.

A periodic terrorizing of C2 could be a good change. The dragon leaves its lair and roams about NRM for a while. If it remains undefeated for a period of time it moves to another adjacent map. Thus, it would be up to the players to put it back in its cave so to speak. If they don't it continues to roam about from map to map periodically.

I'd love to see something like this added, and I'd still far from a match for the dragon alone or likely in most groups.

another great idea bt, and it would make things v fun.

Although I am not sure it would be easy to implement as you put it

Hehe, I have a great idea, how about on the next no drops day, have an invasion of dragons in votd!!!!! W00t how fun would that be, everybody slowly hacking an slashing to be the one to kill it and get the loot :P

Hehe, I have a great idea, how about on the next no drops day, have an invasion of dragons in votd!!!!! W00t how fun would that be, everybody slowly hacking an slashing to be the one to kill it and get the loot :D

Hmmm...loot? You were talking about No drop day :)

We actually already thought of making the red dragon attack the village from time to time. Thought people would hate it though :D

I also think thats a great idea, certainly more fun to the game and might be some menace for evil rich IRL afkerz :)

eMPi

I think it should just be an extension of the GIWS.

Roll out invasions into a couple of the C2 maps, make the monsters random spawns from trolls/ogres up to and including giants/dragons sometimes and make it something like a 1/4 chance on the hour change. Whether people contribute to the warning system or not you'll get the monsters and if the maps chosen are well known then you'll know to be prepared before you enter those maps if the GIWS isn't funded at that time.