Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sir_Exeus

What good is a p2p race?

I am wondering what exactly a p2p race does. Can someone pleas tell me?

Exeus101

They look cool.

They help the game because you have to pay for them.

There is a minor PK advantage because there are currently no fighting books for p2p races, so no one gets the +5 a/d advantage that books give.

But mostly they look cool and give you an excuse to donate to the game :P

Coz its a p2p lol, u pay 20-50$ for something, at small lvls those +5a/d might seem not so much, but for example at mines its 136/145 +5 which is pretty a lot xD.

W/o p2p i would be only 131/140 when fighting other p2p races, that is exactly: 55mln less att xp and 85 mln less def xp :P

eMPi

Coz its a p2p lol, u pay 20-50$ for something, at small lvls those +5a/d might seem not so much, but for example at mines its 136/145 +5 which is pretty a lot xD.

W/o p2p i would be only 131/140 when fighting other p2p races, that is exactly: 55mln less att xp and 85 mln less def xp :omg:

eMPi

it's really good for pkers, but not that usefull for traders... perhaps there should be some other advantage like bigger storage or something.

it's really good for pkers, but not that usefull for traders... perhaps there should be some other advantage like bigger storage or something.

You mean, like looking different than other players and supporting the game?

I have my P2P race exactly for the reason stated by Ent (/me kneels)

I want to feel good about supporting the game and Draegoni are teh hotness.

I don't pvp (doubt if I ever will, maybe one day years from now), in my case it is solely for the looks and the warm fuzzy feeling of supporting something I believe in :omg:

I have a p2p race. Had changed the appearance couple times (around 12 so far - doubt there will be more). Why? It looks good;) The lack of fighting books doesn't make much difference as there are like zillion players with higher attack, defence, phisique and coordination levels as well as with better armour than I've ever had.

with taking the risk to be declared as the slime road of the century.. i love to support a game that

i love to be part of. spend quite some money allready on it. even tho i would like some other advantages

as well i dont care about it much. i like the looks im able to have (still waiting for the bandanas and stuff

;p) and at the very end this keeps the game going ^^

Edited by Scorpius

with taking the risk to be declared as the slime road of the century.. i love to support a game that

i love to be part of. spend quite some money allready on it. even tho i would like some other advantages

as well i dont care about it much. i like the looks im able to have (still waiting for the bandanas and stuff

;p) and at the very end this keeps the game going ^^

Damn ebul rich IRL slime :P Glad others do like I do :icon13:

And it keeps me out of trouble in bars and spending money on real swords.

Slightly off topic but semi on topic.... is it bad or good when your kids want to spend their allowance buying rosto's and such from the store? (yes, I've spread my addiction to my children rofl)

And yes, we're Draegoni's as well.. Birthday presents for the kids :P (sshh one of em doesn't know yet!)

Slightly off topic but semi on topic.... is it bad or good when your kids want to spend their allowance buying rosto's and such from the store? (yes, I've spread my addiction to my children rofl)

And yes, we're Draegoni's as well.. Birthday presents for the kids :icon13: (sshh one of em doesn't know yet!)

Better than buying drugs :P

And yes, we're Draegoni's as well.. Birthday presents for the kids :pinch: (sshh one of em doesn't know yet!)

Better than buying drugs :icon13:

LOL, what a smooth salesman :devlish:

If you read carefully, I used the word "useful" (misspelled though :doze:).

And supporting the game isn't useful?

As learner said, supporting the game is quite useful for everyone, including the traders.

It goes like this: If we don't make enough money from the game to be able to pay our bills and save some money for other things such as a house, a car, a vacation, and stuff that the average person saves money for, then we'll get other jobs so that we can pay the bills and save money. And if we get other jobs, we won't have too much time, or inclination to work at EL. There is so much you can do with your time, you know?

As learner said, supporting the game is quite useful for everyone, including the traders.

It goes like this: If we don't make enough money from the game to be able to pay our bills and save some money for other things such as a house, a car, a vacation, and stuff that the average person saves money for, then we'll get other jobs so that we can pay the bills and save money. And if we get other jobs, we won't have too much time, or inclination to work at EL. There is so much you can do with your time, you know?

Maybe if there were other advantages to having a p2p race, more people would pay for them allowing Ent a bigger house and car etc :dry:

i must agree with both parts... suporting the game is the thing that makes the game keep existing and improving day by day.

Altought, it has no in-game advantage for other skill (in spite of a/d; pk), note that the suport thing is usefull to all skills, but im not considering this fact for what im about to say, so ppl that dont care much doenst have a in-game reason to get a P2P race. as conavar mentioned, maybe with a small advantage to other skill could make more people thing about how important is to support the game (if you know what i mean).

The looking good i agree, its pretty nice, even tough i like the human look more then P2P looking. but most people do so MO isnt important

BTW i have a questio not realy on topic, but... Im from brazil right... our currency isnt US$ so i dont have US$ with me, i do have R$ to spend and i would like to know how am i able to convert my currency to be able to get a paypal acount, do you know a website or a speculator (:dry:) i should talk.

PayPal does currency conversions so you don't need any additional tool, so long as you can get a PayPal account.

And as for the p2p races, there will be no new advantage. The no book for p2p races is incidental, and wasn't designed from the ground up to motivate people to get p2p races.

If you want an advantage and you are willing to spend $$, you can buy all kind of stuff from the shop, such as enriched essences, binding stones, and so on.

If you read carefully, I used the word "useful" (misspelled though ;)).

Altought, it has no in-game advantage for other skill (in spite of a/d; pk), note that the suport thing is usefull to all skills, but im not considering this fact for what im about to say, so ppl that dont care much doenst have a in-game reason to get a P2P race. as conavar mentioned, maybe with a small advantage to other skill could make more people thing about how important is to support the game (if you know what i mean).

that's my point.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I bought mine a while ago. But in all fairness I think I bought it more because Draegoni's back then were in lessor numbers. And overall just seemed a hell of a lot cooler then the others :P. But yeah, I guess ya could add that when i bought it, i spent "some" time thinking how it would also benifit the helping of EL and etc.

Cuz if not for people that buy st00f from shop or etc. Then its possible we may still be stuck on IP or wearing full leather gear or C1? lol

But I think the answer to the original post's question has already been added by a few. In greater detail by Masterpitar. :)

Regards

TK

So the p2p races already include all knowledge and bonuses from the fighting books as their advantage?

Also, a bit off-topic, I'm currently an elf. Is it possible to upgrade my elf to a Dragonae?If yes, I'd be able to customize my appearences of the Dragonae myself liek when you create a new character?

Ty

So the p2p races already include all knowledge and bonuses from the fighting books as their advantage?

Also, a bit off-topic, I'm currently an elf. Is it possible to upgrade my elf to a Dragonae?If yes, I'd be able to customize my appearences of the Dragonae myself liek when you create a new character?

Ty

no, but there's no books of fighting orchan/etc, while there are books of fighting human/elf/dwarf (+5 to att/def/crits)

yes, p2p races are done as an update of an existing char, it's US$20/yr or US$50/life.

yes, you just get flagged as being p2p, and you can select any of the p2p races and customise away (the same screen as when you made your character)

You know, I bought my p2p because I had been playing EL alot already. And loving it.

I figured since I pay for other games that may have about 30 hours gameplay why not pay a bit for this everlasting game too? :P

Plus Gnomes r cool.