Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Want to test the engineering and the new harvesting?

As mentioned, download the RC (see the instructions here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34211 )

Then you can harvest the outhouses, and make the following items:

Ashes: requires 1 fire essence, 3 branches

Rope: requires 5 thread

Nail: requires 2 iron bar, needs hammer

Saltpeter: requires 5 shit dung, 2 ashes, need to have bucket

Let me know if here are any issues.

P.S. There is a new storage category: hazardous items. Only two storages can be used for this category, one on each continent.

I'm getting a couple of odd things that I wasn't getting earlier on the test server - the newer potions (extracts) are not showing up in my storage properly and the ashes are doing the same thing.

Edited by LovelyKillerBee

Radu has already been notified of this, just wanted to let eveyone else know so they dont bug you about something you already have a fix for.

new items (dung and ashes) are not showing up in the mix window.

mixing 5 thread creates 'book of rope'

Edited by Happy_G

well, we've done a fair bit of exploring as a group, AFAIK no-one has found a storage for the new materials or where to buy buckets... so I'd like to ask... are they in a hidden/new area (because there's a concensus we've checked all the old storages and expected places for a new one)?

well, we've done a fair bit of exploring as a group, AFAIK no-one has found a storage for the new materials or where to buy buckets... so I'd like to ask... are they in a hidden/new area (because there's a concensus we've checked all the old storages and expected places for a new one)?

maybe you have to use the items on a bucket like a fire. I havent downloaded the client to try as my PC is lacking memory lol :D

Think where you would want hazardous material in comparison to your daily life.

Anyways, one of the NPCs (Hazardel) would not talk to me. The other one worked fine.

Oh, the bucket will be from the general stores, but I forgot to update the server. I will look into the Hazardel issue.

ok, dung and ashes show up in mix window now, i made actual rope with the 5 thread. but one question, are buckets suposed to be hazmat items?

ok 2 questions, why do hazmat storages only hold hazard items, this will cause engineers to need to run from one storage to the other all the time

Edited by Happy_G

I tested making all of the mentioned items (ashes, rope, nails, saltpetre), they mix fine and show up in my counter. I also checked the npc that was non-functional, he works now. Looks good :)

Is saltpeter meant to be stored in the hazardous storage? I can only store it in the normal storages.

I tried to harvest some dung in the outhouses of valley of the dwarves and when I stop to harvest, I can't start to harvest again, whatever the resource I try. I have to wait a quite long time in order to harvest again but the time is not always the same...

I'm using the last CVS version under linux with the data of the windows RC.

Edited by Schmurk

I timed dung at 10 seconds between harvests. You could be seeing up to 9 seconds to restart a stopped harvest. This would be "quite a long time" especially since the longest harvest time I'd seen before was 7 seconds (for cinnabar).

no it's much more than 10 seconds, it's at least 30 seconds or so. And I can't harvest anything else, even the flowers that are just next to the outhouses...

the further you are below recommended level, the longer it can take before you can harvest again. this was reported about stuff like wolframite before

unless your harv level is over, say, 90-95, I'd say this is nothing new

no it's much more than 10 seconds, it's at least 30 seconds or so. And I can't harvest anything else, even the flowers that are just next to the outhouses...

Puntif has lvl 100 harvest and you got lvl 70 harvest. So this time differences is not suprising if you got 30s and he 10s... Radu said it would require high level to have somewhat decent speeds. This is what your seeing most likely.

the further you are below recommended level, the longer it can take before you can harvest again. this was reported about stuff like wolframite before

unless your harv level is over, say, 90-95, I'd say this is nothing new

Ok, my bad. I didn't know that such a thing has already been reported. Still, it's very strange to not to be able to harvest anything for a long time after you stopped to harvest a high level resource... :confused:

Puntif has lvl 100 harvest and you got lvl 70 harvest. So this time differences is not suprising if you got 30s and he 10s... Radu said it would require high level to have somewhat decent speeds. This is what your seeing most likely.
The speed for harvesting something only depends on the delay between each round and the number of failures you have according to your level. So if puntif has noticed 10 seconds between each round, and if you have to wait a round before being able to harvest something else (I didn't know that but why not), it's not very logic that I have to wait more than 30 seconds before being able to harvest anything else.

But well, if it's a feature, no problem, I just guessed it was a bug...

Pardon me if this is off topic...

by any chance will there be Potion of Engineering coming out with the skill?

I know many people would enjoy the advantage starting out leveling a new skill :)