Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The Release Candidate is here!

In Port Anitora 220,191 a little potion stall has an invisible top. Also I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I couldn't use the door to leave the Temple of Sorrows in Willowvine Forrest.

Entropy, are you interested in having official RPM package for ELC? I can make it, for Fedora Core 6, and soon for Fedora 7 (which comes at the end of May). Since I'll write a .spec file, it would make it possible to make RPMs for other RPM-based distributions (Mandriva, SuSE, ...)

Just something looking weird:

in the Meshes folder, the file animals11.bmp is a copy of arms11.bmp

oops, these are important bugs, thanks for reporting it! The thing is..i don't know what animals11 is :D

Can you look in your official main EL client folder to see? It may be that it's nothing.

The official 1.3.3 has no animals11.bmp file, the last one is animals10.bmp

In North Redmoon Island, in front of the bookshop, I become invisible when I walk down off of the darker dirt. Molime came and verified that she could not see me, yet she remained visible in the same spots where I became invisible.

This was reported in the bugs forum here, but I'm posting it here to show that it still happens with the RC client, and in another location (I haven't verified the locations mentioned in that thread).

Here's a screenshot showing how it looks - I cast Shield so you can spot me, and to verify that I hadn't fallen into deep sand or something :D

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4302/in...leinnrmill3.png

edit: Here's the coordinates: You are in North Redmoon Island [269,289]

Edited by Aduard

When shadows is enabled on both my machines, my FPS drops very sginificantly. Can't tell on my laptop, but on my desktop, it drops for around 78 FPS to 1 FPS.

Reporting low FPS without system specs is totally worthless.

Processor Speed (in GHz) = 3.19

RAM = 1GB

Graphics Card = RADEON X300 x86/SSE2

Hard drive space = 119 GB

OpenGL Version 2.0.5279 WinXP Release

Internet connection speed = Cable Modem

In North Redmoon Island, in front of the bookshop, I become invisible when I walk down off of the darker dirt. Molime came and verified that she could not see me, yet she remained visible in the same spots where I became invisible.

This was reported in the bugs forum here, but I'm posting it here to show that it still happens with the RC client, and in another location (I haven't verified the locations mentioned in that thread).

Here's a screenshot showing how it looks - I cast Shield so you can spot me, and to verify that I hadn't fallen into deep sand or something :D

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/4302/in...leinnrmill3.png

Samething in NRM general store [249 186] you become invisible.

Also NRM [315, 255]

Aduard, and anyone else posting map bugs, PLEASE ALWAYS post the coordinates. I can do nothing if you don't.

Screenshots don't help me, coordinates and info on what happened does.

When I open the hazardous storage at Viorel, there is junk shown int he storage window. The picture says it all, I think: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/235/clipboard01kt9.png

update: When I logged out and back in, the window worked properly - no extra garbage. When I close then reopen the storage window, it shows the garbage again.

(editted - I don't need to open the knowledge window to reproduce the garbage)

Edited by Aduard

Standing in Aeth Aalfen [16 321] want to go to willowvine, but banner of winnervine is not an object... so i cant go to willow vine.

Standing in Aeth Aelfan [354 137] it wont let me click on the banner of glacmor. So i cant go with boat to glacmor.

donotdoublepost.png

Edited by The_Piper

You are in Lothalith Fortress. Garrison of the Chors Exercitus Legionis. [152,51] (Aeth Aelfan). Can't exit the door, have to click it from the other side. I seem to be able to just walk right through the door though.

Something I noticed, but might be intended: it seems not all chinstrap penguins are the same. Some drop double the amount of bones/meat (and I have the idea the ones that drop double gave me more def exp too). Of course when I tried to get a good number to compare, only 2 of the 45 I killed were 'rich ones' ;). Decided to mention it anyway because I noticed it before already, just didn't count then.

Vial mold is still carrot, will removal stone still corn...

edit:

(rotating camera in irinveron, had some 1 second long freezes before, I'm running a (different cvs) client on main server. both clients use correct settings (data dir, make options)).

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 47840569938784 (LWP 6498)]
0x00002b82bf7cf0ef in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00002b82bf7cf0ef in memcpy () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x00002b82c9c8a388 in ?? ()
#2  0x00002b82c0a906d5 in __glNativeCopy4 () from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#3  0x00002b82c0ba477e in __R300TCLProcessArrayPrimitiveWithIndices ()
  from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#4  0x00002b82c0baa3b1 in __glim_R300TCLDrawElements () from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#5  0x00002b82c0baaa43 in __glim_R300TCLDrawElements () from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#6  0x000000000041b5c2 in cal_render_actor ()
#7  0x00000000004622bb in draw_enhanced_actor_shadow ()
#8  0x0000000000462319 in display_actors_shadow ()
#9  0x00000000004629f8 in display_shadows ()
#10 0x00000000004635df in render_light_view ()
#11 0x00000000004367c0 in display_game_handler ()
#12 0x000000000042d241 in draw_window ()
#13 0x000000000042d3cb in display_windows ()
#14 0x0000000000425f2a in draw_scene ()
#15 0x0000000000447f8a in start_rendering ()
#16 0x0000000000447fdd in main ()

I'm using ati-drivers 8.35.5 (radeon mobility x700), gentoo linux, AMD Turion MT 32 (I think that's 1.8 GHz), 1 GB RAM... My system is up to date (stable branch amd64, with a few exceptions)

Edited by Ermabwed

No Pk warning when entering pk area in Aeth Aelfan from 3 locations:

- Exit door from Lothalith Fortress [40 31]

- Exit gate at AA [78 243]

- Exit door from Wyrmgoth Underground [27, 48]

Good to hear u get one warning when entering from Kusamura Jungle.

Ok, i *finally* have now a brandnew CVS client, compiled with NEW_E3D_FORMAT, *without* AUTO_UPDATE and CUSTOM_UPDATE and i found out this:

The house on IP just behind the tavern is displayed at the wrong spot.

Then you are definetly using the wrong 3d objects or maps..the one ones will appear that way, not the new in the RC.

One pitfall for *nix, you need to verify the data_dir in ~/.elc/el.ini and adjust accordingly.

Not so much a bug, but a note of caution: there's only one feather image. Hawk, falcon, cockatrice all have the same feather. Considering the difference in a/d between these, and possibly their value, it could be easy to scam people with it. Dunno how hard it is, but 3 different color schemes would help :D

And the following, about the Aeth Alfan tab map:

el90hj3.jpg

The tavern is at the blue cross, not the orange dot. It's also 'strategically' wrong, cause it's on the other side of the road ;)

Edited by RallosZek

Are you sure? They are supposed to give 2 bones and 3 meat.

After killing 50 more of them I'm getting less and less sure (and don't want to see another penguin in my life), but before I posted I was very sure.

List of events yesterday:

[15:13:56] [RallosZek @ 4]: chinstrap penguin

[15:14:05] [RallosZek @ 4]: 6 raw meat!!

Rallos doesn't know how much got dropped by later ones, didn't really pay attention to it. It could have been a very coincidental double bag, if someone had just killed one on exactly the same spot earlier. It was in snow. It got me curious to the chinstraps and I went after them as well.

After killing a few I noticed something strange, and killed a few more, paying attention.

[15:27:13] [molime @ 4]: erm, strange... chinstrap doesn't always drop the same amount. I've had 2 that dropped 2 bones (i think)/3 meat, and 2 that dropped double

[15:30:31] [molime @ 4]: and retried and yes, i'm sure of that

In the evening I went to try again before I'd report it. I started killing them, and pretty fast I had 2 penguins with 4 bones/6 meat again. With one of those I'm pretty sure I noticed 20 def exp floating above my head, while normally it's 12. Like I said in my previous post, I didn't have any more luck, the rest of the 45 I killed just dropped 2 bones/3 meat.

Today, next try, printscrn ready, and just 50 normal ones :confused:

One pitfall for *nix, you need to verify the data_dir in ~/.elc/el.ini and adjust accordingly.

If you are running your binary from your data directories anyway (which I imagine most people do) you can just "comment" out that data dir line (by removing the #) and it will assume the game is being launched from the data dir. that way when you are running the current client, you get the current st00f and when running the RC from another dir, you get its st00f too.

S.

When I open the hazardous storage at Viorel, there is junk shown int he storage window. The picture says it all, I think: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/235/clipboard01kt9.png

When this corruption happens, I also get corruption in the Stats Window after I put the dung in storage.

To reproduce: talk to Viorel, open storage. If you don't see garbage lines, close the storage window, then open it again - you should now see garbage lines in the storage window. Now pick up dung from inventory and drop it in the storage, then press ctrl-a - you should now see corruption in the stats window.

Guest Billerkay

Windows XP client occasionally crashes when trying to 'get all' from a bag.

1st time:

killed a hawk in PV, clicked 'get all', feather appeared in inv. but bag didn't close, and feather was still in it (apparently) Clicked 'get all' second time and client crashed. After reconnecting inventory showed only 1 feather.

2nd time:

Trying to reproduce problem killed hawks and falcons with no trouble, then killed a skunk, hit 'get all' on the bag, and client crashed (first attempt).

Have tried to reproduce it killing rats in the rat cave on IP with no luck.

Tried again in PV, without any problems. I will try again later.

Standing in Bethel cave [157 109] and when clicking the ladder, I get the following message:

You climb down the narrow hole and end up in another cavern.

Umm... You can't teleport there's no nearby open location.