Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Benneton

Harvesting

Just an observation really, similar to the resoration spell, as in once a level is reached they is no benefit to keep leveling the skill.

At the moment harvesting is only effected by level until the reccomended harvest level of the ore/mineral/flower is reached (or around that level), and that the harvest speed remains consistant.

A player with 26 harvest can mine as efficiently as someone with 83 harvest, surely there should be some advantage to having got a skill up that high. Possibly some bonus when you skill level is twice the reccomended level, for example and extra ore, or increased harvest rate, or something along those lines.

Your totally wrong... By higher level you do harvest faster (less fails)...

But yes the efffect is abit too small compared to what level 100 or so would do in another skill. I would like some kind of bonus for having high harvest level, but it does matter alot to have 26 or 83, so your very wrong on that part.

Ok let me rephrase once you reach a certain level of harvesting you no longer receive a benefit from high levels, eg the max harvest speed and 0 fail rate is capped so say once your level 20 u harvest Blue star Flower at the same rate as you would at level 2000.... hypothetical ofc. Or if i am mistaken the benefit is so small it has almost no effect on game play....

Edited by Benneton

search first. ent has said before that he'd add harvestables with a rec level of 100 or something another time this came up

Well for people who start their characters from scratch, there is always the "thrill" of being able to harvest/mine the harder and more complicated things the higher you go, and to be able to do it more efficiently.

There is more to the harvest skill than blue star flowers :P

search first. ent has said before that he'd add harvestables with a rec level of 100 or something another time this came up

I dont think thats the kind of 'bonus' or advantage he was getting at.

As i see it, what he is proposing is some kind of advantage with every harvestable the more skilled you become (as apposed to just the ability to harvest something that requires a higher level) . Just like how Spell Effects are tiered depending on your Magic level, so should every other 'product' of a skill.

I dont think thats the kind of 'bonus' or advantage he was getting at.
well, sure, but the important part was that it had been discussed before

Making it any more beneficial to have really high harvesting skills may flood the market with even more, reducing value further.

does anybody intentionally train there harv skill anyway ? or do ppl just let it go up naturaly by collecting ings and such ?

does anybody intentionally train there harv skill anyway ?

Some do, especially people who have a real-life that allows them to be on-line but not actually playing. They can get their hourly harvest by just checking the computer a few times each hour (takes just seconds).

At the moment harvesting is only effected]/b] by level until the reccomended harvest level of the ore/mineral/flower is reached (or around that level), and that the harvest speed remains consistant.

For the love of fuck, it's AFFECTED, not EFFECTED.

Second, the advantage always was that you cna harvest faster the high levle items. Obviously, once you are past that item level, you don't have any advantage, and nether should you have one. What would you expect, to be able to harvest 50 coals in 1 second, with 100 harvesting level?

Mayb mother nature tends to favor those with higher harvesting leves as a recognition of their hard work?

No, mother nature hates those who strip her off her resources. Hmm, now that's an interesting idea...

Hmmm... considering it mother nature should hit people with high levels more frequently, they stole way more from her :devlish:

No, mother nature hates those who strip her off her resources. Hmm, now that's an interesting idea...

Actually, Mother nature loves people who can carefully harvest the wealth she generously provides to us without causing damage or waste.

I always figured a more advanced harvester would be more skilled at avoiding things like radon pouches, and better at finding things like gold coins and stones. And since the higher skill would make one less destructive in mining (less wild thrashing with a pickaxe, and more careful/accurate mining), mother nature would tend to reward you with more blessing, less POeds.

In other words, a slight shift away from negative events towards positive ones.

OK, so I can already hear the cry of "wtf, to many stones added to the economy, it's ruined I tell you, ruined...". Just a shift away from the other negative events towards the positive ones (like more blessings to help the incredibly high amounts needed for high skill levels) would be a worthwhile benefit.

Edited by bkc56

Interesting idea bkc. be nice if you had reduced chance of bad effect the higher you get even if it was only small, dont think though ppl should have more chance to find stones though. If higher levels want a bonus give it to them as gold coins.

Ie: any coins that are found have the harvers level added to them as a bonus.

harver A ( level 5) finds 10 gold. 10 + his level = 15

Harver B ( level 60 ) finds 10 gold = total of 70

Its only a small bonus for higher levels but it is a bonus :devlish:

Interesting idea bkc. be nice if you had reduced chance of bad effect the higher you get even if it was only small, dont think though ppl should have more chance to find stones though. If higher levels want a bonus give it to them as gold coins.

Ie: any coins that are found have the harvers level added to them as a bonus.

harver A ( level 5) finds 10 gold. 10 + his level = 15

Harver B ( level 60 ) finds 10 gold = total of 70

Its only a small bonus for higher levels but it is a bonus :devlish:

I actually like this idea, its only a small increase but still is...

could prob do the same with blessings as well...

For a high-level harvester who needs 50M exp or more between levels, increased blessings (in amount or frequency) would be much more useful than a few more gold coins. Remember harvesting is caped at 120 events per hour. There's no way to "work harder or faster" to get more experience as there is in all the other skills. Harvesting is the only skill that's got an experience cap. A few extra blessing by Monther Nature (for being so careful in harvesting) would sure be nice.

I was discussing about that with some other people in the game today. It's really frustrating that someone at level 60 can mine titanium at the same speed as I can at level 92. Of course I wouldn't expect to get 50 coal in 1 second, but there should be some small increase in the speed. This rate should go getting smaller as the levels go up, but not drop to zero.

Like that, you wouldn't notice much difference between two levels in the 90's, but you sure would notice difference between 60 and 90.

For a high-level harvester who needs 50M exp or more between levels, increased blessings (in amount or frequency) would be much more useful than a few more gold coins. Remember harvesting is caped at 120 events per hour. There's no way to "work harder or faster" to get more experience as there is in all the other skills. Harvesting is the only skill that's got an experience cap. A few extra blessing by Monther Nature (for being so careful in harvesting) would sure be nice.

That's also a good idea.

There is a high-level harvester who needs 50M exp or more for a level? I know by fact that the exp around level 140 is around 15M, so maybe for 50M the level should be around 150.If there are someone with around 150 of harvesting, my hats off for him/her.

Well, as people who posted before me on this thread teached me, the rewards for higher level of harvesting is the ability to harvest better stuff. If the 'better stuff' does not provide rewards enough (like stones, gc, extra exp which provides proper advancement to the harvest people) then it is a problem. If it does, why complain if you can harvest the stuff where the good events is, while me - an unwashed n00b- in harvest can't.

I like the idea of reducing the negative harvesting events and increasing the positive events as a good idea. This would be of better benifit to those with high skills being more 'caring to nature' and thus rewarded by good old NM for being so nice.

As for harvesting quicker, this is a hard one because of the effect it will have on the balance of the game. As people/Radu said, this means that the markets will be flooded with so many items this will reduce the value of harvestables to become worthless.

- Moraf

I like the idea of reducing the negative harvesting events and increasing the positive events as a good idea. This would be of better benifit to those with high skills being more 'caring to nature' and thus rewarded by good old NM for being so nice.

As for harvesting quicker, this is a hard one because of the effect it will have on the balance of the game. As people/Radu said, this means that the markets will be flooded with so many items this will reduce the value of harvestables to become worthless.

- Moraf

I don't think it would be a problem if you consider that players won't go much further than 120, not to mention how many players at that level will be.

There is a high-level harvester who needs 50M exp or more for a level?

Eeeek, you're right. :devlish:

I looked at the wrong column on the experience table on the CEL site. It's more like 2M between levels at the higher levels (around skill level 100 or so).

With higher harv level comes easier/faster harvesting of higher level harvestables, yes... But are those high level harvestables really that wanted by the market? Are they used in any common product? Nope, turquoise, cinnabar, orge toes, wormwood, tree mushrooms and so on... aren't used enough in products to make a real market for it. Sure there are mercury, mana pots, ts pots and vegetal mixtures now but that requires so much other stuff too.

My point is:

It's the low level harvestables that are needed in every product no matter it's level needed in other skill to make th product... so that currently makes no need for high level harvesting, which is bad =/

But I guess same goes for some other skills too... for manu all you do is Leather Helmets, for craft it's Polished Sapphires, with alchemy you need mostly the low level essences, FEs in 100s of thousands. So we need a bigger need for high level skills and products.

I for example mined 50k+ Turquoise after it came out... because there were lot's of speculations on next client update would include lots of use of this resource, but nothing alike came... Maybe the engineering skill will use some of this though...at least some new products are needed that use HIGH level resources too.

Edited by Beaverhunter

Guest baneazaghal

Wormwood is VERY useful. TS pots bring good profit even when sold to NPCs. Take into account that several players are buying wormwood right now in big quantities. You should also take into consideration that Toadstools weren't used for anything in beginning, and now they've become very wanted (as a food and for usage in the above mentioned TS potions). As for cinnabar and turquoise, it's probably only a matter of time before they become much more useful (until the game developers don't think of an use for them) - mercury extraction doesn't count since it's expensive as hell. Also, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to give such advantage (in terms of speed) to high-level harvesters. This will seriously cut on low-level player's income (since the faster harvesting will probably mean lower prices on the market - remember when you just started out :confused: ).