Eternal Lands Official Forums
0ctane

Mac OS X Pre RC client May 2007

I have built the latest CVS and need some people to test it. You can download the game here.

This is for OS 10.4 and above. It may work (or may not ) on earlier OS releases.

Test out the "eye candy" and other new options (open the Options/Configuration window). Note to PowerPC users... the shadows work! Well, in my brief testing on a iMac G5 they worked. Note: shadow mapping caused a serious crash on my MacBook Pro. Anyone else willing to give it a try? :bow_arrow:

If the game crashes, please provided the crash log including the first 10 lines of the first thread that crashed.

[edit] A 10.3.9 user has reported crashes when shadows are activated. If you are using 10.3.9, leave shadows off. EVERYONE, leave shadow mapping off.

Edited by 0ctane

Tashtar has reported the following crash:

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:	  KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   <<00000000>>	 0x14c3bd24 0 + 0x14c3bd24
1   GLEngine					  0x1063a0d0 0x105a8000 + 0x920d0
2   GLEngine					  0x105fd9dc 0x105a8000 + 0x559dc
3   net.0ctane.el_osx			 0x0007058c draw_3d_object_shadow_detail + 0x2f8
4   net.0ctane.el_osx			 0x00071438 draw_3d_object_shadows + 0x2b8
5   net.0ctane.el_osx			 0x0007155c display_shadows + 0x54

Sigh. I had hoped that this was fixed since it has been a known bug for a number of months. You can always turn off shadows to avoid this problem, but where is the fun in that?

Let me know if there are any other crashes.

edit and Note: This was on a 10.3.9 system. Have any 10.4 people noticed this crash with shadows on?

Edited by 0ctane

Great job 0ctane!

I used the new client for a few hours. It seems to work without trouble on a 15'' G4 Powerbook Aluminum.

Hasn't crashed yet. So far, I have only enabled eye candy - looks great.

There is one problem that I want to report. I just bought some of the new engineering books.

I started reading one of them but the Knowledge window says that I am researching Nothing.

When I switch to the old client it recognizes that I am researching and I can seethe progression bar.

None of the books have yet shown up in the book list.

AtavaR

:confused:

There is one problem that I want to report. I just bought some of the new engineering books.

I started reading one of them but the Knowledge window says that I am researching Nothing.

When I switch to the old client it recognizes that I am researching and I can seethe progression bar.

Hi atavar. Odd. Sorta sounds like a serverside issue.

None of the books have yet shown up in the book list.

Okay, I understand this one. With the exception of the textures required for eye candy, I have not included new encyclopedia files. That should be an easy fix.

it's a client bug, but not OSX specific... it's because of the changes learner(?) has made so that the knowledge window is the right length and all that jazz.

as long as knowledge.lst is kept up to date (which it hasn't, lately), I doubt it'll be a problem

I have built the latest CVS and need some people to test it. You can download the game here.

This is for OS 10.4 and above. It may work (or may not ) on earlier OS releases.

Test out the "eye candy" and other new options (open the Options/Configuration window). Note to PowerPC users... the shadows work! Well, in my brief testing on a iMac G5 they worked. Note: shadow mapping caused a serious crash on my MacBook Pro. Anyone else willing to give it a try? :)

If the game crashes, please provided the crash log including the first 10 lines of the first thread that crashed.

[edit] A 10.3.9 user has reported crashes when shadows are activated. If you are using 10.3.9, leave shadows off. EVERYONE, leave shadow mapping off.

I use Your RC1 without any problems by now since three days.

My System: Mac OS X 10.4.9, PPC G4 7450.

No problems with shadows enabled so far and the Eye Candys look really great.

Great work again 0ctane, tyvm. :D

Edited by Elrondra

I use Your RC1 without any problems by now since three days.

My System: Mac OS X 10.4.9, PPC G4 7450.

No problems with shadows enabled so far.

Great work again 0ctane, tyvm. :)

That is great to hear. Unfortunately, the latest release candidate is not going so good. I am debating whether-or-not to even upload it for people to test until the new bugs are worked out.

BTW, I like your avatar. =)

That is great to hear. Unfortunately, the latest release candidate is not going so good. I am debating whether-or-not to even upload it for people to test until the new bugs are worked out.

Please let me know which bugs You are talking about. I would like to help You testing Your client.

BTW, I like your avatar. =)

It's Naga from the Slayers anime series. :)

Please provide all -D... you used to compile it.

We can chat about that in your thread or Ent's RC2 thread (where I already mentioned the compile flags/defines). This thread is meant for users testing out the builds.