Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hades

stop yeti queue

*disclmair: no complaining just telling the reality :-) *

Starts to be common to see 2, 3 and even 4 people waiting in line to train yeti in double spawn which is at the minimum annoying.

There are zillions of fluffs, ogres, etc to train spread in every possible location and what about the yeti ? no, only 3 spots u can real train and one of them is in hulda.

Im not even going to speak about the GC reduction and especially the drops which is not real that important, thou dropping something else then silver rings and books would be appreciated :hug:

And im sure will ignore stupid replays like "if you not happy change game".

And PVP is NOT solution, if i recall correctly, even our GOD hates it :bow_arrow:

So i purpose cut off all double yeti spwans and decrease respwan time to 40 secs, to be equal to double think it would have to be 37,5 secs, alreading giving 2,5 extra secs :)

All yetis would start to be effectively used and espcially no boring long queues.

Well, there is a problem, tons of fighters, not many decent yeti spawns (tho i saw baddude training in iscaritlth and thevoice training in trassian caves, those maps are too big, and if you lose the yeti in the dark, you lose another half hour hunting it).

But its a problem easy to solve? I think its not.

If you lower respawn time, 2 fighters can train on double spawn, solving the problem of quantity of spawns. But it would create another, too many fighters training on a monster who drops decently (200gc on average) will flood the market with gc. And manuers/harvers will cry out loud because the evil in rl fighters are getting rich, and the powerful getting even more powerful, and stuff like that.

Well, then Teh G0d can lower both the respawn time and the drop rate. Then the people who are reaching yeti will complain out loud, because me and other evil people got the yetis on a 'good time' where we could get 'rich' on yeti. Oh, and that was an evil plan architeted by those who are already rich and powerful to lock then down and preventing the poor good people to catch up.

Well, in the end the mentioned G0d will solve this problem in a way or another, he is in a position to know how much gc/exp/etc enter in game, if some modification is needed.

I would personally (selfishly) like if Hades' suggestion gets accepted, but i admite that it raises another problem or set of problems.

Edited by Lorck

But it would create another, too many fighters training on a monster who drops decently (200gc on average) will flood the market with gc. And manuers/harvers will cry out loud because the evil in rl fighters are getting rich, and the powerful getting even more powerful, and stuff like that.
as one of those reasonably high level creators, I'd disagree.

I can't speak for the rest, of course, but it's not the money I object to (afterall, gc has to enter the game somewhere).

if the gc then enters the economy at large, then the people making stuff get a cut to.

but here's the problem; often yawl don't have to buy all your stuff (as someone with a not small combat level, I know it's nice to get weapon/armour drops as well. but it does cause problems as more and more people kill said critters).

this is especially the case of item drops, things that already have an entrance into the marketplace, and as drops ruin the market for makers (think ti long, or cuisses)

Well, then Teh G0d can lower both the respawn time and the drop rate. Then the people who are reaching yeti will complain out loud, because me and other evil people got the yetis on a 'good time' where we could get 'rich' on yeti. Oh, and that was an evil plan architeted by those who are already rich and powerful to lock then down and preventing the poor good people to catch up.
not if it all happens at once.

no makable item drops (capes are another matter), gc rate down a bit, but xp rate (since there's more yeti available) goes up... not an unreasonable trade, at least IMO.

not that everyone will accept that, but it's not as big a hue and cry as if it happens separately

Well, the problem is, you can get 12-15k gc per hour on yeti. You can do half of it from harvesting? Its unbalanced? Well, not at the moment. You can be really lucky to get a spawn, so the amount of gc you can make goes considerably down.

no makable item drops (capes are another matter), gc rate down a bit, but xp rate (since there's more yeti available) goes up... not an unreasonable trade, at least IMO.
Well, the trade is acceptable for those who already did yeti for some time. For the low level people who are planning to go to yeti, its a hard thing, because some people did made a bunch of gc, just not them who were unlucky to reach yeti in the wrong time.

Maybe keeping the yeti the way that they are and increasing exp from mchims for something similar to yeti? They drop crap anyways, so no problem in making more spawns of them.

Edited by Lorck

Well, the problem is, you can get 12-15k gc per hour on yeti. You can do half of it from harvesting? Its unbalanced? Well, not at the moment.

I have to say he is right here. You also have to consider they break alot of armor. And second, they worked for their high A/D levels (some of them did anyway :bow_arrow: ) so maybe its only normal they are rewarded.

Just my idea about it.

You guys will have to realize that there are other monsters in the game buy yetis.

There are the giants (they are OK in teams), there are some of the chims, and so on (plus a few new monsters after the update).

There are the giants (they are OK in teams)

Only 1 person gets def exp of it, so I don't get it how you can train in team on them :laugh:

Better to just get good attack exp than wait in line for yetis, no?

Are you a second Mortos? :) You like attack exp too. :laugh:

One more reason to praise teh god. :P

-Blee

Spawn crowding seems a perennial problem here, though it escapes me why sitting on a spawn for hours on end would be considered a fun way to play the game (I do resort to this on occasion, but nowadays its not for xp).

I've always thought that the area in which a creature spawns should be increased significantly -- a few times the maxium perception radius at least, if not a whole (sub) map. Queues would be hard to form if the creature spawned out of sight, and people would have to go and find the beastie rather than have it land on their lap (lazy buggers).

Of course, monsters spawning in confined rooms don't have that option -- but the spawn area could then cover a few different rooms on the same map.

I can imagine some technical issues from imperfect maps (for example, appearing on an unconnected block of walkable tiles), but not insurmountable. A random respawn if no characters are nearby would nudge them back into play, as well as allowing creature to occasionally vanish mysteriously.

Edited by trollson

You guys will have to realize that there are other monsters in the game buy yetis.

There are the giants (they are OK in teams), there are some of the chims, and so on (plus a few new monsters after the update).

If you have the choice of waiting in line for your favorite pizzeria or McDonalds instant service, what do you do?

I've always thought that the area in which a creature spawns should be increased significantly -- a few times the maxium perception radius at least, if not a whole (sub) map. Queues would be hard to form if the creature spawned out of sight, and people would have to go and find the beastie rather than have it land on their lap (lazy buggers).

First get your a/d through the 80's before making such comments. It's not like you can kill 1k yetis for a level, like it is in the 50's. Spawns should be based on the number of players being able to train on creature x. It's natural, only a few people can train on a new creature that's positioned at top level, but when that number goes up, so should the spawns.

[edit]

By the way, don't mean to be disrespectful trollson. It's just that I recognize, how you imagine things will be at higher level. I thought the same, before I had anything 70+. It's when you get skills in the 80's you realize how hard things will get.

If you wanna approach things mathematically, try calculating how many blocks it takes for someone with 120 def fighting with someone/creature with 120 attack to gain level 121 def. Then add that per fight only 15 blocks are counted as exp, unless exp is reset by means of fleeing.

[/edit]

Edited by RallosZek

It's just that I recognize, how you imagine things will be at higher level. I thought the same, before I had anything 70+. It's when you get skills in the 80's you realize how hard things will get.

i used to think levelling a/d was really easy when i was in 40s and 50s.. bit higher now and i realized it's not so.. just an example from el-cel to put stuff into perspective :

total exp at def lvl 72(my def lvl) : 7,941,333

total exp from def 144-145(top lvl def) : 18,706,524

so these people have more than double exp to next level than i've made in my whole el career..

No one wants to burn 100rds of health essences and srs to gain a small amount of att exp. while on other spawns you can have the same exp without using as much resources.

No one wants to burn 100rds of health essences and srs to gain a small amount of att exp. while on other spawns you can have the same exp without using as much resources.

Umm, you don't burn health essences if you don't get any def experience. So you (or your partner) gets free attack exp, and good/decent loots (if they share them).

I'm top lvl fighter and I havent any problems with yeti or other monsters spawn and if I cant find spawn, I'll go crafting, or harvesting.

Now I havent problem make 15k+gc/hour serping double yeti, so with 40 sec respawn time, I can make 30k+gc/hour on double yeti, its all change and its bad change, bc lesser spawn time -> more gc/hour -> way lesser drops from yeti in next update ... so dont change it ... and start exp craft \o/

P.S.: from giants're crap exp and same drop

Its easy to share the damage, Giant has a bit of mana, no? Fight him for a bit, let the first person restore twice, the second guy mana drains it, the Giant will change targets. :medieval: Share both the loot AND the pain! ;D

-Blee

good attack exp ? maybe 20k a hour from giant...but i agree with hades its annoying waiting 3 hours for a double yetti spawn

Its easy to share the damage, Giant has a bit of mana, no? Fight him for a bit, let the first person restore twice, the second guy mana drains it, the Giant will change targets. :medieval: Share both the loot AND the pain! ;D

-Blee

You loose more money at giant unless you get lucky n get cape but tryn to train that is = thrown money in the garbage

Edited by pook

I can't train on yetis yet so i can't talk about yetis. But i agree that it's very boring to wait for so long espessialy if u can't train 24 hours(i am not 15 years old) per day. Usually i can be on line 2 hours per day.Whenever i see full spawns i am logging off and i am doing other things or i am playing other games.

That means i agree with hades and pook cause i know the feeling.Espesially when i am tired from real life.

But if yetis should respawn faster, then armed and unarmed orcs,desert chims,mountain chims,forest & artic chims should respawn faster too.Thats the fair thing, isn't it?

But if yetis should respawn faster, then armed and unarmed orcs,desert chims,mountain chims,forest & artic chims should respawn faster too.Thats the fair thing, isn't it?

so with 40 sec respawn time, I can make 30k+gc/hour on double yeti,

So i purpose cut off all double yeti spwans and decrease respwan time to 40 secs, to be equal to double think it would have to be 37,5 secs, alreading giving 2,5 extra secs biggrin.gif
Edited by hades

ok, but spawn time is good now, what about make from single spawns on imbro doubles? (2x double yeti spawn and AC + yeti spawn) I think this'll help a lot

what about make from single spawns on imbro doubles? (2x double yeti spawn and AC + yeti spawn)

seems a good idea to me :D and since its pk maps will make things a little harder :P

Edited by hades

Anyway, how about you wait for the client update, and talk after the new monsters are in the game?

ok, but spawn time is good now, what about make from single spawns on imbro doubles? (2x double yeti spawn and AC + yeti spawn) I think this'll help a lot

so, we waited for client update, saw new monsters ... and I dont want be rude, but can we start talking about double spawns on imbro again? Its not necessary make all spawns double, but one more yeti on Brio isle and one more yeti (or AC) on Sladoth's isle (where is single AC atm) would be good. Thx