Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Restoration spell change

Poll  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Should the restoration spell be level based?

• OMG, now way, how would I train and PvP??11? (and the evil IRL people!!!)
    • Yes, would make people work more for their magic skill

I voted yes.

I think that everybody in this thread is just being extremly greedy and selfish on this matter.

First off, I believe that this would give a huge incentive for people to level up their magic lvs.

Others are complaining that pk will be ruined cause they won't be able to fully restore and they will die....... well so won't the guy that your fighting??? unless he has some kind of super hax where he will always fully restore.

Others are saying, "how will i train"? Well would you be able to go out and kill about 1000 orcs or cyclops in a few hours with out ever having to restock on anything??? I doubt it, even if they dont actually exist.

Another incentive here would be to increase ones emu carrying capacity so that they can bring more into battle, instead of wasteing their pp on fancy perks and wat not.

I also liked acelons idea to have a different spell at level 21 that regenerates maybe 50-100 hp, then at level 49 have regen.

This makes more sence, and I would especially enjoy seeing alot less noobies regenerating all their hp off of gargs or gobs while wearing full steel+col, (yeah ive actually seen it, one of em almost died wearing all that to)

But doesn't that make more sence? cause if someone can barely kill a gob and still being able to do this so called upper level spell, (upper level meaning it has a massive effect), then something is wrong.

Basically, this whole change makes sence, don't be greedy, it's think its better for the game in the long run.

(btw: think of the positives, it might make fighting a little less popular, which equals less crowded spawns, w00t!) ;)

Edited by redsoxlovr10

I voted yes.

I think that everybody in this thread is just being extremly greedy and selfish on this matter.

Another incentive here would be to increase ones emu carrying capacity so that they can bring more into battle, instead of wasteing their pp on fancy perks and wat not.

Selfish and greedy? Read Entropy's original post again and the reasons for the change. The effects he is looking for will not occur and the game will be less fun for most people. The fights are too short already to allow for a great deal of strategy and a complex combat system is what Entropy and I think the best players want to have.

You must be a fighter who doesn't do anything else and probably a PKer. In case you missed it there are other attributes in this game that players need to have. Forcing everyone in the game to push coord, phys or both to the exclusion of everything else is already a problem in the game. 'Wasting' pick points does not have to be on perks. There are people who want to have a lot of nexus so they can do a lot of stuff. We have a new skill coming and don't really know what attribute will best serve it.

There is more to EL than phys and coord and it is time for this fighter centric view point to take a back seat. We are adding new skills and all of the attributes have finally been made useful. New and useful perks have been added and needed nexus points are getting ever higher. Changing restoration to make the game better is not a yes or no question. Most posts have been about alternatives and alternatives are NOT what this thread is about. The thread is about changing restoration as per Entropy's suggestion. The thread is about changing restoration to fix the problems that Entropy has mentioned. That is what the replies on this thread should be about and any alternatives can be put in the suggestion section where they belong.

I voted no because I don't think that Entropy's change will fix the things he wants fixed in a way that will be good for the game. A new level based spell with restoration unchanged at a higher level is the only way I can see to fix the problems Entropy is worried about and still keep the game fun for everyone. That however is something that should be in the suggestion forum or another poll should be made. As suggested this change will not work without making things very bad for either new or old players.

Adding more to the game instead of taking away is always better so I say we realize there are not enough people left to vote that could make a 15% swing for the no vote. Close this poll and make another or just start a suggestion thread or general thread to change the restoration spell as it seems a majority would like a change but not this one. ;)

TirunCollimdus

Since there is such a close call on this, I think that a reset of the poll may be in order. Everyone now has 7 pages of comments to review and a new poll with the same voters may show different results based on this 'new' information.

Since there is such a close call on this, I think that a reset of the poll may be in order. Everyone now has 7 pages of comments to review and a new poll with the same voters may show different results based on this 'new' information.
Um no, what new information? there's been a mess of debating about, as Tirun said, mostly unrelated stuff (from myself included)... but theres no reason at all to have the poll again.

I don't think it is wise, in fact this spell will be useless for people before levels as 30. Not everybody wants to spend ALOT of time practicing magic instead of fighting.

Maybe ok if there is something as 70 material points and +10 for each level...

I have not read all the post so plz delete this if already mentioned. but i voted no altho it wouldnt affect me since i dont heal 300+ as i dont have 400+ hp... mostly only 100+. but i dont see a big reason that restoration would make people die more often, we could consider the case back when we used to train on gobs and could only do 'heal'. we didnt often die because we never had to keep our health low as compare to when we were just magic 20s. and while in pk, diss/tele is always a choice to do if restore cant keep up. i have a question to the big pking fans, does pkers simply let their health go to zero from just physical damages (not on no-drop of course)? or they tele before they die if they have the chance? altho changing the spell might be a good for making changes, perhaps we could also have more techniques to do for a kill.

how about a freezing spell, or despell, or (+/-) a/d spell... la la la. have a good day.

Sund

I am not voting this poll. There is multiple reasons why, after reading a few pages of posts I

came up with my opinion, I would like the spell to stay, and I would like it to change.

If it were to change, other changes would be needed, changes like Acelon, and 70% of the people

have stated. It would be NICE to have Minor Heal, Heal, then a Restore.

It would ALSO be nice to have the MAGIC essenceses USED more for spells, there is't much demand for them, and since Emeralds are 3 levels lower than a Diamond, one would ASSUME Magic Essences would have more of a use. Maybe have a Romote Restore that takes a few magic and heal essences, sure would put more of a use into them.

Also... we need a better way to restore the mana points, can't wear COL AND COM at the same time... :/ and the COOL DOWN KILLS US!

I would never be a pker, even with the EMU they have, that's just too much crap to carry, armor, weapons, potions, magic items, essences, food, and whatever else :/

I voted no to the change a proposed.

There are some excellent suggestions I have seen posted here. The one I like the most suggested that the restore would do a max of your natural Material points so using a CoL would require 2 restores.