Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Restoration spell change

Poll  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Should the restoration spell be level based?

• OMG, now way, how would I train and PvP??11? (and the evil IRL people!!!)
    • Yes, would make people work more for their magic skill

that isnt training magic, thats just useing it, and if you do those often enough you still need pots

well anyway this is straying offtopic a bit

Voted: No

Its pretty hard enough to rise magic until lvl 40 (mana drain) and again low lvls will be in worser position.

If this pass than should put magic schools so you get more magic xp at least until you are lvl 40 or high magic xp of some spells like restoration, mag immunity, etc.

Cast shield when you harvest, use portalroom to storage from mining.

It's all I did, level 66 now.

+ mana drain after you get required magic lvl. Then you can train without srs at all.

Best way to get high magic lvl quickly.

I voted yes. Maybe hundred of thousands aes I burned will be useful for something other than harm and mana drain :)

83 magic here btw.

E; typo

Edited by NitageR

[*]make DCW better exp or move NMT and arti drop, from fluff to DCW, so that it's a good alternative to train on those and more people move up quicker.

Hey, don't do that, I like my free spawns in Bethel! The safety is Bethel then the chance on NMT/artificer cloaks in PK, imo.

Yeah, meanwhile people with higher a/d then you and people with lower a/d then me are training on fluffs, cause they are better exp over time and give better drops. That's my point :)

I'm with Ace's suggestion and the others who have backed it. Something like this:

Restoration Should be RESTORATION (therefore all health returned).

Current Heal renamed "Minor Heal"

Next level up is Heal and is magic dependant and then a high level spell being restore.

Minor Heal (heals 5HP) Level 0 Magic (1HE)

Heal (Heals xHP based on Magic level) Level 15 Magic (3HE)

Heal (Heals xHP based on Magic level) Level 30 Magic (3HE) "Guaranteed to work"

Restore (Heals all HP) Level 45 Magic (6HE)

Restore (Heals all HP) Level 55 Magic (6HE) "Guaranteed to work"

Maybe tweak it a bit but you get the idea, the "Heal" spell maybe starts quite low - say 15HP at Mag 15 and goes up maybe a HP per magic level (so even at Mag 30 - Guaranteed would return 30 HP).

Just a few ideas :)

Edit: I voted NO though would vote yes if something like this or a variation of this/Ace's idea was implemented - have no problem working for magic levels but I want to know there is a point where my work pays off :confused:

Edited by neildog

I like the idea. Not specifically b/c it's about fighting or magic, but in general. I wish more skills had challenges and goals for the players who put in the time. As it is, just about every skill gets you to the point where the only goal is to get a level. No benefits from the level. Nothing to strive for.

So if Magic means that if I train a bit harder at it I get some new stuff or better stuff, I'm for it.

Again, it would be nice to have some UBER goals in all skills (I know I would welcome some unobtainable goals in crafting).

For fighters, I would look at it as something to keep those wanna-bes at bay but let the serious fighters/PKers you respect earn a bit of an edge.

I think that this spell should remain as it is. It is hard enough to up magic level. And it is nice to have a full restore when it is used.

I vote no on this.

b4 you have the lvl for that 2CF :(

The pr0 way to train magic is to get some essences and some bones.Lets say matter essences.Go inside the temple of the summoning god next to the priest.Start casting the shield spell untill you are out of mana.When u are out of mana, just click on the priest and turn bones to mana.iirc 50 bones=80 mana.Later u can cast bones to gold or magic immunity the same way.Its not nessesary to have bones to your inventory to cast the bones to mana spell.

You cant do this if you are godless anyway.You dont have also to serve the summoning god to do it.

:P

Edited by agis29

Guest baneazaghal

I agree with this idea. Although, I think you might want to make it even more drastic (reducing the "starting" amount of healing or reducing 5/level to 3/level or something like that). Full restoration is really too powerful (this will also make things a bit more interesting), especially at such relatively low magic skill. Someone noted it will bring unbalance to some of the players (high-level players will be unaffected), but so be it - this is a beta game (hell of a beta, but beta anyway :P ). As to some remarks on PK being dead (pun intended), I think it has nothing to do with the spell system - problems lay elsewhere.

P.S.

I apologize for not reading all of the posts :(

How about doing it a slightly different way?

Adjust the HEAL spell to be level based, and move RESTORATION up to lvl 40-45?

I really don't like how the alternative is spelt and written but well I still want restore to do what it says "Restore life", a life saver... sure some fights can get boring because of it, but some can get very boring without it too.

As long as mana regenerate so super slow as it does now, healing needs to heal alot, otherwise it's even futile to cast the spell. It's still very easy to die with full restores. Especially when cooldown on SRs also puts you down after abit.

If changing it to level based, then change so that the attribute Will also gives faster/more regeneration...combined with the magic nexus in some way maybe? That would turn the tables!

Level 21, rather than having restore...have a spell called Rejuvenate (or mend) and have it heal 100 hp base and have that be level based. THEN, have restore as a higher level spell (50?) and it does the current effect.

Havent voted because I would like to see a bit off both..

Keep the restoration spell at level 21 but only heals 30-50% and then as Ace suggested have a higher level spell 50-60 that cures all and maybe needed an Enhanced Health Essence to cast

Ents Idea would work if there were more spells that were usefull and worth casting outside of combat

Ie: spell that increase your EMU for a period of time or one that increases your harv rate from 1-2 or 2-4 with harv cape.

at the moment only way really to increase magic level is to use healing or combat magic or just sit there randomly casting spells for no reason

Edited by conavar

An excellent idea, i am all for it BUT make training magic little bit easier (for those who have higher mag. level).

I didn't take time to read the all thread but I voted YES because I ever found that a spell that restore your all health is too powerful.

However, if the spell is changed the way you said, maybe it could be good to lower a little the cooldown on SRs... :P

I have the same statement as LadyReni, how about the magic failure will it be the same? Would like to know before I vote.

I wish more skills had challenges and goals for the players who put in the time. As it is, just about every skill gets you to the point where the only goal is to get a level. No benefits from the level. Nothing to strive for.

:P However, any suggestion posted in suggestions forum or when commenting on new items is categorically ignored or deleted. I've been saying this for a loooooooong time. It would benefit the game a lot if special abilities can be obtained for putting a tremendous ammount of time into one or more skills. Not just new items (that lately require a lot of time to gather ingredients for, which is exactly what you do not want) and less failures, but abilities. Maybe even combined with magic. Like a spell "Conjure silver rings", required level 80 crafting and 52 magic. Anyways, straying off-topic, but it's good to see more people realizing this :(

Yes, something needs to change; Restore plus the Crown of Life is too powerful too quickly. It makes the CoL much more valuable than the Crown of Mana, as there is no easy way to "refill" your mana when it gets low.

Spell strength as a function of magic level is always a good way to go, though there are other options:

• Variable essence cost, 1 HE per 25 health or part thereof.
  • Recover an amount equal to your "natural" health, without crowns or medallions.
    • Alteratively, for remote versions, recover an amount equal to your "natural" mana.

[*]Include magic nexus as a factor in determining the strength of the spell; its about time this was applied to magic use, and not just magic-embruing.

Alteratively, since the issue is with the combination of Restore and Crown of Life, the effects of the latter could be changed instead; have it give a multiple of your natural health, rather than a fixed number.

Options options options...

While we're talking magic, can we have remote versions of all the spells?

Edited by trollson

I'm with Ace's suggestion and the others who have backed it. Something like this:

Restoration Should be RESTORATION (therefore all health returned).

Current Heal renamed "Minor Heal"

Next level up is Heal and is magic dependant and then a high level spell being restore.

Minor Heal (heals 5HP) Level 0 Magic (1HE)

Heal (Heals xHP based on Magic level) Level 15 Magic (3HE)

Heal (Heals xHP based on Magic level) Level 30 Magic (3HE) "Guaranteed to work"

Restore (Heals all HP) Level 45 Magic (6HE)

Restore (Heals all HP) Level 55 Magic (6HE) "Guaranteed to work"

Maybe tweak it a bit but you get the idea, the "Heal" spell maybe starts quite low - say 15HP at Mag 15 and goes up maybe a HP per magic level (so even at Mag 30 - Guaranteed would return 30 HP).

Just a few ideas :P

Edit: I voted NO though would vote yes if something like this or a variation of this/Ace's idea was implemented - have no problem working for magic levels but I want to know there is a point where my work pays off :(

Oh yeah, as per Trollson and others, remote minor heal, remote heal and remote restore would all be welcomed :)

Ok first of all (I don't have to worry about poison from mushrooms (cause I eat dead people), I don't fight in PK or PVP, and I don't own a MOL or CoL.

:(:P I voted no to this because I worked hard to get my magic level to 21 just so I could have a CHANCE at some battles...I'll still raise my level in time to achieve other spells I'm looking forward to. But EVEN THOUGH IT FAILS ALOT Restoration has been a Godsend for me because I am a harvester/miner who seems to get hit alot by radon patches and cavern walls (I only have 115HP as of yesterday).

:) And the fact about the MoLs and CoLs is for some people that they cost WAY too much I mean I haven't even seen 60kgc at once and I have been gathering ing. for a CoL just hoping I'll find someone to make it (I don't even have all them yet and they're my top priority atm) and for fighters (even if they're not PK'ers) MoLs and CoLs have that break rate.

I think the spell should stay the way it is and having no fail at level 49 is a good mindset...I'll work hard for that cause critical hit from monsters and failing 4-5 times and then dying anyway sucks, so I will work hard to get to a no fail level.

P.S. If Restoration were to change I like the idea of it fully restoring your natural health and leaving off the HP restored through a CoL

Edit by Aisy: fixed his font

Edited by Aislinn

first, auras, please follow the forum rules... use plain text for your post, and only if necessary (it rarely is) use a modifier like colour or italics or whatever on just a part

secondly, I'd like to *bump* my previous question... what impact would this have on bots? some of them have reason to use restore, and may not have a magic level that it'd be very useful anymore

restoration spell change ?? who told u that its too strong ? so now u need 75+ lvl of magic to pk ?

to be honest thats really is a bad idea .... so now u need to pay a lot / play a lot (am not gona say IRL ppl thingy as entropy think ;) ) but really ... what is your chance if u fight with 40s magic (and 40s magic is not an easy thing) , and u heal 100 or 150 each restore .... omg who will benefit from that ?? n00bs will not pk (and will die from traning a lot) and pr0s will walk in an empty pk maps ... and there is 44% say they want that lolz wtg ppl

put it in test server or an main server (for a week) and see what will happend .... it will be the end of fighting in this game B):mace: .... and we all will be peacefull-harmless-cute-harvest0rs :P

Long Fight ==> Better Fight ....... some other games have restoration on mana ( now i guess a mod will remind me to go play them .. well am just mentioning it :) )

1. Restoration spell as it is and on is really too powerfull and too simple to cast.

2. If we consider this change independently of other possible changes it really seems unpleasant, because of:

a ) there would be a huge gap between restoration and simple heal spell (Acelon's suggestion solves this problem)

b ) restoration that heals fixed amount of health might make fights shorter, so as several people suggested

there should be more effective way to restore mana.

For example rings of mana restoration might:

1. Give more use to crowns of mana

2. Let people train magic easier.

3. Make fights last longer even with new kind of restoration spell and on rather low magic levels.

4. Effective way to solve mana drain / mana destruciton problem for fighters.

I cannot vote, because I dont know your thoughts and plans, Entropy.

IMO this kind of yes/no threads cannot make EL better, instead of that you might make request

for analytical posts and comparing them with what you think find possibly better solution.

Vote for yes....

raise the market activitie... it wont kill anyone to use 2-3 times restore instead of one