Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New test PRE RC client

Okay. Most people's crashes seem to be related to fighting. So, I say we get a big party together tomorrow evening -- say, 10:30 CST -- and have a bunch of people start fighting. It'd be especially nice if people who've crashed while fighting are there. We'll see if we can find a way to reproduce crashes. Sound good?

Ttlanhil: I adjusted the fix for your limited alpha resolution to also effect sprites/quads, not just shapes like teleporter columns. Try it out, let me now how it looks. I can adjust it if needed.

A shadow bug:

The ground items, such as the roads, are throwing a shadow and they never did that before. It looks really bad with these types of items...can this be fixed?

Well, at least on the Mac we are still seeing the following shadow related crash.

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:	  KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   <<00000000>> 	0x14c3bd24 0 + 0x14c3bd24
1   GLEngine					  0x1063a0d0 0x105a8000 + 0x920d0
2   GLEngine					  0x105fd9dc 0x105a8000 + 0x559dc
3   net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x0007058c draw_3d_object_shadow_detail + 0x2f8
4   net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x00071438 draw_3d_object_shadows + 0x2b8
5   net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x0007155c display_shadows + 0x54
6   net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x0007194c draw_sun_shadowed_scene + 0x36c
7   net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x0003ec00 display_game_handler + 0x330
8   net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x00035288 draw_window + 0x1b0
9   net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x00035400 display_windows + 0x74
10  net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x0002d5c4 draw_scene + 0x184
11  net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x00054320 start_rendering + 0x138
12  net.0ctane.el_osx		 	0x00054548 SDL_main + 0x3c

Note that shadow mapping is off. How about the Linux folks?

A shadow bug:

The ground items, such as the roads, are throwing a shadow and they never did that before. It looks really bad with these types of items...can this be fixed?

Road shadows have been present for all time until NEW_ALPHA came.

That is because you aren't including NEW_ALPHA anymore. You had this one before since someone else compiled for you, but then it was decided not to include NEW_LIGHTING and NEW_ALPHA so, basicly that's why. (you could also have turned it off in options)

On topic:

Can't some mod help on creating a fighting event on Test server where ppl with CVS can fight something that mods spawn? Then it would be easy to see what makes ppl crash.

Update:

Ooh just noticed it was NEW_LIGHTING and NEW_WEATHER that was excluded... But you could still have compiled without NEW_ALPHA or turned the option 3d blending alpha off.

Edited by Beaverhunter

I thought Ent had NEW_ALPHA off on the latest release.

Roja: Can you give me an example of a location where this happens? I'll verify whether it's a NEW_ALPHA thing or not, and whether it is or not, fix it.

Edited by KarenRei

Go to any place that has a road object...which is like every map :omg:

You can go on the road on isla prima..although it's not too noticeable here, but if you zoom in you will see a shadow from the flat road object.

This happens with using new alpha, and without using it.

New Alpha will not be included with the update.

Would the windows xp error report of a crash help with debugging? I've crashed a few times while fighting Brownies in Hurquin now. No one else was around, and no spell effects at the time, though the crash happens as the Brownie dies.

Roja: I just walked around the two road types on IP, zoomed all the way in, shadow mapping on and off, with DEBUG_TIME on (so I could watch shadows change as the day progressed), and never noticed a road shadow. Coordinates?

Darc0: Does it have filenames (.c, .h, .cpp, etc) and line numbers (line 1644, line 232, etc)? If not, it's no use to me.

and again, just now i was trying out latest release of cvs that ent has posted at page one of this site and it has froze again and closed game while i was training on a cyclops in egratia point -.-

Max

29,47 The dirt road.

It's not the stone road..that's not a road object but a ground tile surrounded by 2do's.

Darc0: Does it have filenames (.c, .h, .cpp, etc) and line numbers (line 1644, line 232, etc)? If not, it's no use to me.

I don't know how to really read what it says, I know it has file names but it might just be listing version information, etc. This is what te first few lines look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="EL_eyecandy.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="alut.dll" SIZE="32768" CHECKSUM="0xDC5F2365" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="05/22/2006 15:44:23" UPTO_LINK_DATE="05/22/2006 15:44:23" />

It goes on for quite a while, referencing a bunch of files like that, if its useful I can paste the rest too.

Roja: Still not seeing it, with all possible combinations of options. :D Could you get me a screenshot? Meanwhile, I'll take a look to see if I can find anything that *could* be casting a shadow.

Oh, and are you using shadow mapping or not?

Darc0: No, not useful. I need filenames that end in .c, .cpp, and .h, along with line numbers. Something like "Error at shadows.c, line 297" or something of that nature.

Edited by KarenRei

a new bug came forth from our beloved map editor :blush:

When I load a map, and I try to click on a 2d object on the ground, it will not pick up. Also after I load a map if I place a 2do then try to pick it up, I can't.

Edit: Nevermind, Daniel fixed this bug too :devlish: