Eternal Lands Official Forums

My sugestion is to make possibility of making teams. All members of such team will get expierience when team will fight. Members can fulfill different role (some can fight the rest can heal them or use bows). It won't be so boring on spawn.

Agree, partypossibility would be enormous fun.

Mages could be casting spells like healing, but also the pot effects.

But it will need major in changes in the game, so I doubt well see it anytime soon.

Agree, partypossibility would be enormous fun.

But it will need major in changes in the game, so I doubt well see it anytime soon.

Can you all please explain to me why you can't simply do this now?

(of course I know you only get 1 loot bag, and the exp you get is based on what YOU do).

So what's the problem aside from those things?

You can do that now...

(of course I know you only get 1 loot bag, and the exp you get is based on what YOU do).

You can do that now...

Those 2 things you name is why you cant simply do it now...

And all a mage can do atm is cast heal and shield... I was more thinking of accuracy bonus, evasion, stenght, defense and maybe others. And xp wise its not good to party on for example yeti's.

This is a 'suggestion'.

You can do that now...

When I kill monsters in EL i feel like it was single player game not moltiplayer and I think this is because it is not profitable to exp in team in EL and beacause of it EL is loseing a lot of fun.

I've spent a bit of time thinking about this before (considering how many times this has come up)...

in many other games, this option exists. that way, you can have a raid, and everyone shares in the experience.

in EL, the mages and summoners are already getting experience in what they do. and everyone who's in combat will get experience (as opposed to games where only the individual/team that strikes the final blow will get it)

this idea is good and required in other games. but the people who suggest it don't seem to realise that the way EL is designed... it's not that important (don't get me wrong, system-managed loot sharing and a team chat might come in handy... same with your summons and the summons of a team mate in another team not fighting... but it's not as needed as other games)

I think that there is a valuable role in recognising teams or adventuring parties within the game system. The recognition of team play alone should be enough.

A per-action experience system, such as with EL, only substitutes for team shared experience if all roles within the team are equally rewarded. Is this the case, or would the front line fighters receive the lions share? Certain roles are disenfranchised in this respect; for example, there are few supporting spells for rear echelon mages, and no reward for scouts (high perception).

As an alternative to diverting a portion of current experience into a common pool, new sources of team experience could be added (for achieving goals?). How that experience gets translated into actual skill or OA experience is another matter (there is precedent in certain quests).

Or, the team may be considered an entity in its own right -- earning experience and levels to give bonuses to its members so long as it exists. Reflecting perhaps that the members have learned to work well together.

There is a similarity between teams and Guilds, and developing guilds in this way has been discussed before (see "limited guilds", this post). In comparison with Guilds, teams would be smaller and more transient.

There are more reasons and uses of team systems than just battles.

I generally agree with what you've said, trollson (although the current quest system could probably be extended a bit for group quests without the need for teaming... eg, need a player on each of 4 co-ords to finish a stage), and yes, the individualistic nature of EL is a pain (and certainly not limited to combat, it seems many people want to do away with market and just ask bots which other bots have the items they want)...

but as you've said, this has been covered before, and I was just trying to answer roja's question about why newbies are suggesting this (because they have no idea how EL works. while newbies should be making suggestions and bug reports, IMO it should be limited to things like interface, that older players can no longer see. older players have a better idea of game mechanics than a newbie fresh from some other game)

Only 1 person gets defense exp though, even if you fight with 5 people on 1 monster :)

That is perfectly how it should be really, imagine a something 'attempting' to hit 5 things at once...

That is perfectly how it should be really, imagine a something 'attempting' to hit 5 things at once...

Easily: for example fire-breathing dragon can attack group of people or

basilisk can hit several people with one hit of his tail :)

Only 1 person gets defense exp though, even if you fight with 5 people on 1 monster :)

It is not how it should be because people will not play in teems if only one person get expirience for this and what is purpose of makeing multiplayer game in which you kill monsters alone?

...and I was just trying to answer roja's question about why newbies are suggesting this (because they have no idea how EL works...

Who are you calling newbie?

Edited by Timbol

Easily: for example fire-breathing dragon can attack group of people or

basilisk can hit several people with one hit of his tail :)

maybe... but if theres 5 people some will attack from behind etc

and only a very few creatures could apply for something like this.

plus actually the dragon in EL doesn't breathe fire yet :happy:

It is not how it should be because people will not play in teems if only one person get expirience for this and what is purpose of makeing multiplayer game in which you kill monsters alone?

I disagree, this is something where realism outweighs playability... the loss of some def exp (not att) is only minor.

Where as if all got def exp, that means the creature your fighting is attacking all fighters at once, which then means it either will have to start spinning around fast for the hits... or imagine you getting hit from behind a creature when it just attacked the front

which is just unrealistic.

you still do gain exp from fighting in teams, its just uneven... try using magc to even it out B)

I don't really like the idea of teams getting shared experience. People don't like teaming on monsters, they usually want the drops and exp for themselves.

If I were to divide the defense exp by the number of people in the party, it wouldn't be worth it to party in the first place. Would be better to just go fight wolves or something :happy:

I don't really like the idea of teams getting shared experience. People don't like teaming on monsters, they usually want the drops and exp for themselves.

If I were to divide the defense exp by the number of people in the party, it wouldn't be worth it to party in the first place. Would be better to just go fight wolves or something :happy:

You don't like this idea because it would be nightmare to code it and there is a lot of problems you will face when trying to do this (you even give one - to less xp to share). People don't like to teaming on monsters because it is no worth to do this in EL not because it is less fun.

No Timbol, Entropy is right. Face this example:

(I dont remember how to calculate the numbers, just mere examples)

If you are fluffy trainer you get 110 exp each hit/block (very often)

then you go to yetis and get 200 exp each hit/block (very seldom)

But you cant fight a yeti alone, so u make a team of 5 fighers (fluffy level) to kill a yeti. Then you have a painfull mission, sharing 40 exp each hit/block to everyone...

What is better, keep going on easy fluffy train or go to the yeti hard-mission team?

No Timbol, Entropy is right. Face this example:

(I dont remember how to calculate the numbers, just mere examples)

If you are fluffy trainer you get 110 exp each hit/block (very often)

then you go to yetis and get 200 exp each hit/block (very seldom)

But you cant fight a yeti alone, so u make a team of 5 fighers (fluffy level) to kill a yeti. Then you have a painfull mission, sharing 40 exp each hit/block to everyone...

What is better, keep going on easy fluffy train or go to the yeti hard-mission team?

Can you show me in my post where exactly I'm wrong? Maybe you don't undestand what I'm trying to say? Sorry english is not my native language. Your example is right and this is the problem I'm talking about - it is not worth teaming in EL - lets try to change it.

You don't like this idea because it would be nightmare to code it and there is a lot of problems you will face when trying to do this (you even give one - to less xp to share). People don't like to teaming on monsters because it is no worth to do this in EL not because it is less fun.

It is not a nightmare to code, it would take maybe a week at most (including testing, debugging and adjustments). But it is not worth coding it because of the reasons I mentioned. I'd rather spend my time coding stuff people would actually use.

Maybe people would be interested in using the team effort if instead of just simply dividing the exp between the players, it would all be banked up (att/def/magic/etc.) till the end of the battle. At the end a bonus amount of exp would be added based on the amount accumulated from the battle. The longer & more grueling the battle, the more bonus exp. Possible exclusions for players in the team that don't contribute exp to the battle. The loot shouldn't change. You would be in it for the adventure. (well, perhaps bonus percent to drop rare items)

It could be a guild only feature, since it sounds like a group activity.

#join_adv (or whatever)

then go have fun with your guildmates

edit:somehow missed trollson's post while reading this thread which sounds like what I just said. sorry

Edited by Scratch

I like the idea of teams because it's simple fun. :happy:

Would be a great option for RPs, and about the exp you do this more for fun not for crazy exp (if you want this just train alone and bored when your friends have fun in team).I'm not in the power to say this will be implemented

I just say it would be great.

XP wise, xp should be higher (%) the more the party killed, like a party level.

People wont use it now, cause there are no advantages if you just devide xp...

Why not add additional experience for parties? As long as they are all a member of the same party (established through some join/accept action) and within a specified range of the enemy target(s) then their actions could result in a small percentage award to the other members of the party (say 10% of their personal action XP to each other member directly to overall or the skill in question).

For example a group with two fighters, a mage remote healing them, and a mage casting harm on the monster. One fighter would be directly engaged with the enemy getting both att and def experience. The other would be supporting getting just attack experience (unless there were multiple enemies). Say each successful attack was awarding 100xp, each party member (other than the attacker) would get an additional 10xp to OA.

As for potential abuse you could require that party members be within a specified range of OA levels (5-10 or something). Thus no grouping of OA 80s with OA 10s.

Well being withing 5-10 OAs wouldnt work, because more skills contribute to OA exp that just A/D. If it went by OA's, two people with the exact same A/D (Let's say 90/90 A/D for example) might not be able to group because one has a alchemy level of 100, while the other is at 50. The OA spread would be more then 5-10, thus dis-allowing them to group together. Also, reset would mess up that too.

If the groups are to be used for fighting, then why not set certain limits for monsters. Lets say for orcs, there is a set limit of 38-55. Only people between those levels of A/D (or magic, since we are using this as an example for healing) can group there and get exp. Other levels(either lower or higher) could group with them, but would either get no exp, or get a drastic cut in the exp, which would make it more worthwhile to go fight stuff that is their own level. Also, as for the amount of exp gained, There should be a set limit for each monster. (For orc lets say 900) so for each member of the group, divide that by the number of people in group. So if 3 people are fighting the orc, each would get 300 exp to A/D. (Lets assume each is doing their own healing). Now, each person level would need to be considered into the equations. The higher the person's level, the more of the exp they should get (in my opinion). So if one person is 40/40, one person is 45/45, and one person is 50/50 A/D, the 40/40 should get 30 % of the exp, the 45/45 should get 34 % of the exp, and the 50/50 should get the remaining 36 % of the exp. When factored into the equation , the 40/40 would get 270 exp, the 45/45 would get 306 exp, and the 50/50 would get 324 exp. This would be the only way that I can see to make this worthwhile, and still not make it too easy to gain A/D levels compared to the old way.

Please note these numbers are all just example and could be easily altered to fit whatever monster

Edited by fyrrflyy

The higher the person's level, the more of the exp they should get (in my opinion).

This would be unfair because as i know the higher lvl the lower exp.

e.g att lvl 35 You attack garg and get let's say +50 att exp but if u lvl to att 36 you get only +49 att exp for same type of garg.

Edited by Garnoo

The higher the person's level, the more of the exp they should get (in my opinion).

This would be unfair because as i know the higher lvl the lower exp.

e.g att lvl 35 You attack garg and get let's say +50 att exp but if u lvl to att 36 you get only +49 att exp for same type of garg.

Example:

Player with 10 att will get 10% of exp when in team with player with 90 att wich will get 90% of exp

If I were to divide the defense exp by the number of people in the party, it wouldn't be worth it to party in the first place. Would be better to just go fight wolves or something :)

You can divide expirience equally between members of a team but as a bonus you can give each of them for example 10% x (number of team members) more defense so if bigger team will be than more defanse will each member get