Eternal Lands Official Forums
luciferx

Light posts all over aeth aeflan

Hi I wanted to suggest sprinking light posts all over aeth aeflan so we can see the giants, or put a fence to stop them from wandering too far... Its already been a few times i gave up after looking for them for a rediculous amount of time int he dark. Another solution might be to fgive them a high brightness int he dark... even in the dark i would think ud see a huge giant int he moonlight :)

Maybe lets put ball and chain on them so they cant move j/k :)

Suggestion is somewhat logical though, such a tall creature like giant should be seen better

Maybe lets put ball and chain on them so they cant move j/k :)

Suggestion is somewhat logical though, such a tall creature like giant should be seen better

Stupid me lost another rosto to a damage puddle wandering around like a fool looking for them in the dark again. im not going back anymore. my suggestion i am adding now is to put light posts all over iscarith and hulda too so we can find the monsters to train at night. hulda is bad even as a small island and since someone was trainign there i just i wandered around iscalrith and imbroglio a while before making th bad choice of going back to aeth aeflan.

Same goes for finding fluffs/dcws in Melinis(as it's a huge map), already lost around a hour few times in order to find the fluff, but I personaly treat that us punishment for having a almost blind char in game:S

Guest ohmygod

Hmm isn't that the purpose of perception? If you want to see better in the dark, get some :)

Yes maybe trade in the nex PP you got from stones and put towards this :)

But yes the nighttime effects is a bit of a pain. When i was training in Bethel which has pretty lvl ground it was hard to find spawns there. I would expect to see at night depending on moon phase a siloette (bad speller)/Outline/shape of the monster or thing. The way it apears out of now where is a bit strange.

In some maps like jungle i would expect to be more harder because of the shadows from the trees etc.

Edited by ohmygod

Hmm isn't that the purpose of perception? If you want to see better in the dark, get some :)

Exactly..plus it's night time, what do you expect? :)

Oh yes it makes perfect sense for dark mountain passes and dangerous poisonous swamplands to have convenient lamp posts and fences to keep the monsters visible and contained, just for you.

Maybe its a good thing the game isn't just about phys/coord any more.

Thanks for the laugh.

S.

I think it would be hard to not see a giant, even at night. They are somewhat big, maybe they should gain a very good light modifier for their size.

It would be cool to have high level monsters with small size, so the evil high level fighters need to spend their pps on perception, but i honestly don't see a reason why you would need good perception to locate a giant.

Edited by Lorck

Look at the terrain up there. A motionless or even crouching/sheaking giant in its familiar hunting environment could be difficult to make out or see in that environment. Size is not really as important as the ability to make out the object. If it's dark its dark, you wont see the object.

Perception, or the abilty to discern objects in darkness or camouflage should be useful in this situation. It SHOULD be hard to see things at night. Because its...you know...dark.

good light modifier, yay for glow in the dark radioactive giants!

Erm... the perception not only works by the vision, but by all the other senses associated. Unfortunately, there aren't yet sounds effects of a giant walking, but in the roleplaying sense, the character should be able to hear a huge creature moving. And see them as well, after you heard them, you will see that creature moving.

Also in literature, tales, other rpgs, movies, etc, the giants usually don't care for hiding or using camouflage or whatever. They rely mainly on their amazing resistance and brute force.

Yay for the new giants rangers ninjas which are able to conceal their size into the dark.

TS.: The light modifier is just a modifier to see if a creature will be detected or not by perception. :o

Edited by Lorck

Im here with Luci and Lorck, of coz u see less durning nightime than in a sunny(or even rainy :icon13: ) day, but i still prefer less realism and more fun when it comes to games :)

About taking more perception- better is 2 be blind killing-mashine than a weakling with the eagle-eyes :o

eMPi

Look at the terrain up there. A motionless or even crouching/sheaking giant in its familiar hunting environment could be difficult to make out or see in that environment. Size is not really as important as the ability to make out the object. If it's dark its dark, you wont see the object.

Perception, or the abilty to discern objects in darkness or camouflage should be useful in this situation. It SHOULD be hard to see things at night. Because its...you know...dark.

good light modifier, yay for glow in the dark radioactive giants!

sounds very good, but realistically speaking... Real fighters are not adding pickpoints to perception. and realistically... this map is going to be used a lot less then it would be. and masterpiter is right. It is not fun to run around a map for 20 minutes looking for something to kill. It was quite frustrating. even training i get 50% of the usual in the dark im only serping yeti at darkness hours.

sounds very good, but realistically speaking... Real fighters are not adding pickpoints to perception. and realistically... this map is going to be used a lot less then it would be. and masterpiter is right. It is not fun to run around a map for 20 minutes looking for something to kill. It was quite frustrating. even training i get 50% of the usual in the dark im only serping yeti at darkness hours.

So anybody who doesn't shovel bucketloads of pickpoints into p/c isn't a "real" fighter? Not everybody's definition of fun is mindless level grinding as fast as possible. This game is for everybody, not just "real" fighters.

I think if you look a little closer, the idea is to force "real" fighters into NOT putting all their pp's into p/c so that it won't be as imbalanced and ridiculous as it is. I really doubt you are going to get the highway effect everywhere in EL so you can avoid that. :o

I think the night stuff is cool and good, etc. I was just trying to point that in a logic or rpg'ing point of view, it would be hard to not detect a giant near you, even if you does not have the best senses.

If someone wants to argue that the giants should be able to conceal their size relying in their almost non-existant stealth and camouflage skills, you can refer to my previous post.

I fully agree that if fighters don't want to spend pickpoints in attributes which gives perception, they should not cry when their chars go half blind at night. But, in my opinion, there should be other smaller monsters which would not be detected by low perception, not giants.

So anybody who doesn't shovel bucketloads of pickpoints into p/c isn't a "real" fighter? Not everybody's definition of fun is mindless level grinding as fast as possible. This game is for everybody, not just "real" fighters.

By real fighter i meant as in top 50 a/d where it is very competative (as in any skill's top 50). i did not mean it as insult to anyone and apologize if it was badly wrtten on my part. Adding 4 or 8 reasoning will greatly reduce experience earned per hour in a/d versus adding it to p/c. Also, you make a valid point this is a game for everyone, not just fighters, and maybe one day I will realize the benefit this darkness gives everyone. I will go back to not training anymore. I remember now why i stopped the last time.

Edited by LuciferX

uhm dont we already have a button that lights a small fire at the place you are which cannot be seen by others?

uhm dont we already have a button that lights a small fire at the place you are which cannot be seen by others?

Well, there is the f9 fire, but as far as i know, that is only client side, and would not affect the detection of monsters at night.

Once the engineering skill comes in then all sorts might happen - I've seen radar mentioned somewhere - maybe trip wires or something like that which will identify where monsters are and alert you when they are triggered and of course there are the landmines already mentioned..

Once the engineering skill comes in then all sorts might happen - I've seen radar mentioned somewhere - maybe trip wires or something like that which will identify where monsters are and alert you when they are triggered and of course there are the landmines already mentioned..

LOL.. I just want to be able to train and have fun when I play. :omg:

perhaps giants should have the "I Glow in the Dark" perk or set their heads on fire a la Ghostrider.

try suggesting the engineering skill be able to build lamp posts & install them yourself.

Funny = i lost more rostogol stones to that Damage puddle than to the giants...

Even Funnier = I paid for them all in webshop

Even more funnier = when i take all negs like I did on my last char and only log in for pk. what a waste.

I Donated over $1000 in month of april. I won't make this mistake again.

Edited by LuciferX

funny = this is the suggestion forum for the majority of EL not for the 5-15 people who train in hulda or do giants.

Funnier = no real need to mention the amount you've spent on the game.. we all contribute and was it 1k donation or for items/services...

funniest = it was your choice to neg up n waste it no?

Edit : although i agree with what lorck said about giants been more visible since they are pretty big lol

Edited by chaoogie