Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shanglo

Team Speak Service

Me and Xbox360 are now offering a Team Speak service. (Team Speak is a program that lets you voice chat to other people online, perfect for organizing guild events).

Our service will get you your own Team Speak server, you will be able to make channels and register members, and much more.

It will let you get to know your guild members better and organize better.

Our service will cost you 25kgc per month.

Contact me or Xbox360 in game for more info.

**This is a non-official service, all questions and probelems should be directed to me or xbox360 NOT the Eternal-Lands staff**

you can also make use of skype that's free for everyone. What's the benefit of making use of your services what you can't do with skype, or any other communication program like skype?

you can also make use of skype that's free for everyone. What's the benefit of making use of your services what you can't do with skype, or any other communication program like skype?

Skype has limits. 5 persons maximum.I am using team speak too but the quality of the sound is bad.The program is nice but my bandwith is low. Anyway anybody can use team speak either the server or the client for free.There are linux and windows versions.

and what about the voice quality?? or there is a limitation how many of us may use it?? will it be diponible 24/7??

these are the questions, cause as stated above there are free voice chating programs

pls answer those questions!

I found with skype people with (relatively) poor internet connections couldn't play EL and use skype. For others it was fine. I would be interested to know others who have used teamspeak on EL in big numbers, specifically, how it effects in game ping.

Is 25kgc per guild or per person who uses it? if its per guild I think you have a nice cost.

EG

I suggest you offering a one month free service, so that the players can test the quality and reliability of your service. Plus, it's a good way to get them hooked up to it.

I found with skype people with (relatively) poor internet connections couldn't play EL and use skype. For others it was fine. I would be interested to know others who have used teamspeak on EL in big numbers, specifically, how it effects in game ping.

I have used both Teamspeak and Skype for many hours while playing EL.

I'll put it this way:

I wont a/d train when using Teamspeak because it uses too much bandwith, good way for me to lose rosto (i tried various codecs that come with it)... I will a/d train when running skype, happily, 0 risk from what i've seen so far. (I have a 512/128 kbps connection (download/upload))

Only use Skype now, and i think skype's quality is better, and it adjusts quality based on bandwith availible too.

EDIT:

i suggest downloading aol messanger... and heres the best part... *its free* :icon13:

roflmao... erm, no. AOL = ebul.

Edited by Korrode

hello, im the GM of THC if you didnt already know that. THC uses teamspeak to chat all the time and even with the max we have hit on at a time (7 players) it never caused my game to lag and i will and do train any and all skills while chating on TeamSpeak. im pretty sure we can get alot more players on our TS server w/o causing any of us to lag, non of my members have complained of lag while using TS (yes we have complained of lag but we are sure it was not TeamSpeak causing the lag, it doesnt lag the whole time or every time we are on TeamSpeak.)

no doubt my 128kbps upload speed is why i lag... need to go back to 1500/256... or adsl2

but what i said stands, with 128kbps upload i do lag with TS, but not skype.

Anyone charged per MB for their internet or who has a download limit needs to consider this as well as people with slower connections.

Ive been using Ventrilo, wich has no efect in-game (with 5-6 ppl online most) and it was also free...

i dont know how to configure a server for ventrilo, but i recomend that

Anyone tried out Xfire's Voice Chat? I know it has this feature, but I've never tried it before. I doubt think it's anything advanced anyways.

*cough* you can check my siggy for more info on Xfire *cough*

Ive been using Ventrilo, wich has no efect in-game (with 5-6 ppl online most) and it was also free...

i dont know how to configure a server for ventrilo, but i recomend that

I used to play online fps games, which we started off by using teamspeak, but many people kept having problems with it (me being one)...

we then managed to get a server on ventrilo and that ran a lot better :icon13:

Ok the voice quality all depends on the persons microphone, my server is set to 25.9kbit.

It dosnt cause any lag to EL.

We are now offering a one month free service.

Yes you can download it for free, but my server is a stand alone server meaning it rarely goes down.

Also i can set the limit of people as high as you need it (skype is 7, i could make it 70).

:icon13:

Edited by shanglo

Since Skype is a peer-to-peer application and TeamSpeak is a client/server application, TeamSpeak is a better choice for use with EL. I host a TS server for another web service and have had well over 50 people online using it along with their MP software running. It also offers many features useful to gamers that Skype doesn't offer. As long as the server is hosted on a decent machine with good bandwidth it is definately the better of the two choices.

Yes, my server is running a AMD Anthalon at 1200mhz running windows xp and i have a great internet connection.

And i think 25kgc per month with one month free is a great deal.

Edited by shanglo

The funny thing is that teamspeak doesn't really take that much bandwidth hosting, and neither does it take any CPU :(

So any takers?

Well i can assure you My teamspeak server is probly better and more reliable then alot of other ones out there, it has been running 7 days straightwithout going down (last time it whent down was a power outage).

And for the cost of my power bill and bandwith i think 25kgc a mounth with one mounth free is pretty damn good.

Edited by shanglo

well i figured it that way: The ppl who wants to use teamspeak, they do it allready...

The ones who dont, or just have less ppl to talk to use Skype (that includes me.. never used Teamspeak

and never had probs with Skype, yahoo messenger or whatever..)

There is no offence but i kinda doubt anyone wants to use this business. i dunno why exactly. just a guess of

me. =)

So any takers?

Well i can assure you My teamspeak server is probly better and more reliable then alot of other ones out there, it has been running 7 days straght without going down (last time it whent down was a power outage).

And for the cost of my power bill and bandwith i think 25kgc a mounth with one mounth free is pretty damn good.

Can you reply to my question yet please :)?

EG