Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Problem with eye candy

Kibora: Are you using the CVS client? If not, then I'm not surprised that you don't see a change. If you are, that's different. Also, what is your test location?

Tele: I can't control that; the server sends me that info. If it were up to me, I'd have it use my teleport-to-range effect, which isn't hooked in anywhere currently because they don't want to impose split-second delays on teleportation.

Edited by KarenRei

For 64-bit arch you should change line eye_candy.cpp:139 from

srand((unsigned int)(void*)this);

to

srand((unsigned int)(long)(void*)this);

There are 2 places with fountains there. The first one, near the entrance of the map is indeed looking a little bit bluer (it's very laggy there because it's a group of about 10 fountains, which seems a problem).

The second place is Dao Monastery [160,319]. It's a single fountain and it's black.

And yes i'm using the latest CVS

Why don't you guys just check out the fountains in white stone city, that's the easiest place to see them.

especially if it will be possible to make towns in the future :)

lol...Customizing fountain water color is NOT included in that :pickaxe:

You won't get the level of customizing detail you get with the map editor for the cities.

Restoration: no SEND_SPECIAL_EFFECT packet is coming from the server. Someone with server access will need to look into this.

Are you sure about that? I didn't change that code in ages.

Yeah, it's been discussed in the eye candy thread. It's been there for a long time, been noticed, but hasn't been seen as significant enough to warrant making a big deal over it. It just regularly causes confusion.

Debug release: I'm working on something for Roja right now with the map editor, but as soon as I get that finished tonight, I'll get a debug release ready.

I think this is where i should post this bug about CVS

When i was playing CVS yesterday at dp arena i was fighting some one and the game froze and came up this box that says debug,dont send or send bug report (debug never works lol), so yeh it closed the game and i restarted and im dead.

Today i am at dp arena again, fighting and it freezes, same box comes up and closes game, this time i logged back on normal el server and im alive there (cuzz luckily the person iw as fighting dissed),a nyway this just about the freezing woudl ti be a bug and is it in just the certin dp arena it always happens?

thx, max