Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kasgoroth

I Glow in the Dark & Fast Regeneration adjustment

Don't you think it would be better for the FR perk to heal a percentage of your MAX health instead of only a fixed value of 2 additional points? Like give you a 3%, 5% or 10% faster healing rate. Because right now this perk is a useless waste of PP's for recovering HP/Mana in the long run. As a noob with 45 HP 3 points do help, but when I have 150+ HP later, I couldn't care less about those 2 points, I'd just take a healing pos.

Same goes for IGitD perk, but here it's a little bit different. A % value might be to much, since you're always dealing a certain amount of damage on a successful hit, although it can perhaps be limited to something like 3% of dmg you would deal if your attack came through. It would need further adjustment and testing, but what are 5 points dmg when fighting a yeti or another player with 200+ HP? Again, it is good for a noob and I really like the idea of this perk (it's actually my favorite, right next to I Eat Dead People), but at higher levels it won't be worth the PP and it's effect becomes a minor one.

So what do you ppl think?

I use FR (cape) a lot and I usually have 150 HP ^^

It's not always about the HP, sometimes when I'm very low, I restore, but then I use FR to get my mana back faster. 2 additional points is enough imo, shouldn't be too fast :)

I don't really have an opinion about I glow in the dark perk... It's a funny idea, but nothing I would get. Doesn't mean it has to be made stronger, just that I don't waste pp on it because I don't need it.

-- Cyp

Don't you think it would be better for the FR perk to heal a percentage of your MAX health instead of only a fixed value of 2 additional points? Like give you a 3%, 5% or 10% faster healing rate. Because right now this perk is a useless waste of PP's for recovering HP/Mana in the long run. As a noob with 45 HP 3 points do help, but when I have 150+ HP later, I couldn't care less about those 2 points, I'd just take a healing pos.

Same goes for IGitD perk, but here it's a little bit different. A % value might be to much, since you're always dealing a certain amount of damage on a successful hit, although it can perhaps be limited to something like 3% of dmg you would deal if your attack came through. It would need further adjustment and testing, but what are 5 points dmg when fighting a yeti or another player with 200+ HP? Again, it is good for a noob and I really like the idea of this perk (it's actually my favorite, right next to I Eat Dead People), but at higher levels it won't be worth the PP and it's effect becomes a minor one.

So what do you ppl think?

The idea should be to adjust how you play based on how the game works instead of changing the game to meet how you'd like to play.

fr perk= good for newbies, waste of pps if u r experienced fighter

igitd perk= bad 4 every1, no matter if u train a/d, pk, harvest or mix, if u have high or low stats, its not worth to take it

eMPi

The idea should be to adjust how you play based on how the game works instead of changing the game to meet how you'd like to play.

Well, my idea was making something that is already in the game actually worth taking. As the game is in BETA state, changes on less successful implementations are a subject to happen on a every day basis. There's nothing wrong about taking a constructive criticism, in fact that's what a BETA state is for, or should be. I'm not saying you have to like my suggestions though... :rolleyes:

Don't know what other players think, but IMHO there is no strategy of playing that would benefit from the IGitD perk in the long run compared to just using the PP's on attributes or nexuses. I've already given an example with a high lvl monster, so it should speak for itself. Speaking in in-game terms the perk becomes less effective with every level you get and for me this is completely against the logic of getting better/stronger, becoming more efficient at killing, raising skills and so on...

Same goes for the FR perk. No offense to you Cyprom, but people often get used to what they have, become satisfied with what they get compared to times where they lacked similar skills/abilities. And this is really unhealthy for gaming development, as it slows down or completely ceases improvements. As you raise your magic level you have to spend more mana on spells, wouldn't it be logical if your ability to regenerate (FR perk) would go along with your higher demands?

Come to think of it, with 50 MAX-Mana the FR perk gives you a 4% increase of the regeneration rate (1% of 50 = 0,5 points, so 2 additional points = 4%). When you lvl-up and add more PP's to attributes to increase your MAX-Mana capacity you'll end up getting a lesser benefit with every additional mana point. With 150 MAX-Mana your regeneration increase provided by the FR perk drops down to ~ 1,3%.

Seriously, where's the logic in that? :omg:

It can also be argued that the Fast Regeneration perk remains equally effective at any level:

You recover health and mana at three times the normal rate.

So you recover full health or mana in one-third the time that it would take without the perk. This is the same whether you have 20 or 200 points to recover. So it does maintain its effect quite well.

You should be comparing what it does to how you would perform without it, not with how it may behave for a different set of attributes.

See also:

I have the fast regen perk. I considered it useful the day I took it way back when, and still consider it useful with 150 base health (no medallion or crown)and 104 base mana.

Of course I think it would be even more useful with your proposed changes, however healing/restoring 3 times as fast at any level is useful imo, and for it's relatively cheap cost (only 3 pp's and 100 gc), it is still a very good deal.

I do not use it or consider it to be a substitution for an instant restore, nor am I a power leveler. I also have the power saving perk and consider these to be an excellent combination for long term overall efficiency regardless of level.

I cannot speak on the glow in the dark perk since I am no fighter nor would "waste" pp's on it.

fr owns the way it is its not intended to make training potion/magic free or anything its great for harvesting mishaps. IGINTD perk would be awesome if it could be toggled on and off or IF it only worked at night.

@trollson: well I still think that a %-ge increase would be more useful and give you more benefit throughout the whole course of leveling, BUT naturally if you compare between having and not having it you see things a little bit differently, but that's ok, we can't all have the same opinion on everything, now can we? :)

You should be comparing what it does to how you would perform without it, not with how it may behave for a different set of attributes.

That's what I did (for me) and some ppl (like Aislinn :omg:) still find it useful, which is ok, but don't you agree that at higher levels the FR perk e.g. gives more of a "cosmetic" improvement, than a real benefit? I bet that when your stats in skills go as high as 30 and above you'll be making enough money to cover the costs of mana/health restoration potions and will use them on demand without thoughts about their cost. Well, of course it's up to the player to decide what perk to take, just wanted to add my 2 cents because IMO no medium to high-lvl player recieves a REAL advantage by taking FR compared to investment in attributes or nexuses he/she could've otherwise done. It's more a a feeling that you have a good ability, but will have no real value for a high lvl player. Like ppl paying TONS of cash now for a single ATTR or NEXUS removal stone and you're talking about 3 PP's as if they were nothing - I see a bit of contradiction here :rolleyes:

As for the IGitD-perk the very problem is to be found in the fighting system that doesn't encourage stronger hits and faster monster kills. I never liked it and I never will, but this is not the right topic for discussion.