Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dejan

Eternal Lands client with EYE_CANDY and SFX

Warning: Do not overwrite your old ELC files - unpack 7-zip ( http://7-zip.org ) package below to a new directory!

Ok, new package with ELC+EYE_CANDY+SFX+NEW_WEATHER is located on http://users.tmok.com/~leka/elc.7z . I did not use Dev-C++, nor required packages by ELC provided by crusadingknight. Instead I have built manually ALL needed libraries (libpng, libjpg, SDL_image, SDL_net, SDL, iconv, OpenAL, FreeAlut, libxml2, etc.)

I used MinGW/MSYS(DTK) . I would suggest EL developers to add/change something like this to Makefile.win:

RC=windres.exe

elc_private.o: elc_private.rc
$(RC) elc_private.rc elc_private.o

$(EXE): main.o $(TMP_LIB)
$(LINK) $(CFLAGS) $< elc_private.o -L. -lelc $(LDFLAGS) -o $(EXE) -mwindows

-mwindows should be in CFLAGS, but I like to have -m after the target... Anyway, you got the point from the source... :laugh:

Also $(OPTIONS) is missing in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS, in Makefile.win .

Edited by Dejan

Thank you thank you thank you!

Two small things:

- EL.ini: change port to 2001 in your ZIP

- which version is this? When was it checked out from CVS and built?

Flo

That version is built yesterday with yesterdays CVS ELC version, and yesterday's OpenAL/FreeAlut SVN version.

About port - which port is in el.ini? - It should be 2000.

Thanks, I tested this out. The particles now look really bad though..they're just colored squares basically. I did try with/without the point particle option.

Also, the render fog option doesn't work. It's always off.

My point is that this unofficial client should only be used on the test server. So port 2001 as default would be appropriate.

My point is that this unofficial client should only be used on the test server. So port 2001 as default would be appropriate.

Its official CVS stuff, so its allowed to be used on the main server.

Thanks, I tested this out. The particles now look really bad though..they're just colored squares basically. I did try with/without the point particle option.

Also, the render fog option doesn't work. It's always off.

There must be something really wrong then because they are more than just colored squares :P

I did not modify any ELC source files except Makefile.win and make.conf . I did not expect everything to work immediately, so now I'll try to make it better.

See, my aim is this (this is some kind of ROADMAP):

1) Make everything build fine on MinGW/MSYS and completely automatize building process. At the end there will be a script which will build ELC, and make a binary ZIP package which can be used out-of-box. To accomplish this I am going to write BASH script which will download all necessary libraries on demant (if they are not installed), build them, and at the end build ELC.

2) When I finish successfully previous thing I will than move towards cross-building ELC, because I do not have Windows installed on my Linux laptop and desktop computer. I use Windows only in computer labs.

At the end I will write (and send to developers) a complete GNU Autoconf/Automake scripts which will check the system, configure everything and build ELC. Special part of Makefiles would be a target which makes complete package (ready to use) and hopefully windows installer package as well (NSIS comes to my mind first).

Now let's talk about problems... See I do not have particles support here (computer lab) for some reasons. I have crappy Intel card here on these machines, so particles are disabled automatically. Maybe that could be reason for not having particles compiled-in, which is strange... I'll do my best to fix this, but, as i said, the main goal for me is to build ELC for Windows on my Linux box (cross-build). I am building many things on Linux, for Windows. I have built MigGW cross-tools using my script located at http://dejan.lekic.googlepages.com/mingw32-install.sh and have basically the most basic stuff I need. I just need to build again all those necessary libraries for i686-pc-mingw32 target, which I hope won't be that difficult. :)

Edited by Dejan

yes it does miss the zlib.dll i think it is.

Also, no reason to pack all the textures/models/content except what is necessary in your build.