Eternal Lands Official Forums
dejan

A critic to the today's EL server update

I agree whith Ghrae, it wont hurt that much imo, also we barely know the amount of stones that will get in game, as Ent said.

So no reason to bitch all that about something still unsure.

About rich ppl have some advantages in-game, well its kinda fair, cause devs need to pay their rent somehow, and who can help must have some advantages.

We live in a capitalis RL world, face it. Fair or not, thats just the way it is

I agree this feature is dangerous long term because of "pickpoint creation". The point is, you cannot get lets say overall level 250 in game now - the current level system is exponential. With this stone- bought-nexus method, pickpoints will be very expensive and maybe absolutely impractical, but it is linear and one (with the help of big guild lets say) may be able to collect a significant amount of picpoints in a longer time.

Maybe it could be done that players couldnt remove bought nexuses?

Lets say, introduce 'bought nexus count' on the server, for example

PlayerYYY: Animal nexus: 5

Bought animal nexus: 3

Increasing nexus from pickpoints would add to nexus count, but not to bought count. Buying for hydrogenium bars would add to both. Stone would work only if first one is bigger, not equal.

For example, player has animal nexus 3, bought animal nexus 3. Tries to use animal nexus removal stone, and gets a message: "you cannot remove nexii that you got for hydrogenium bars".

Of course this would increase size of player data, would need extra code in the server etc... But at least this is what I would [in ideal world] do.

Edited by vytukas

Just short note G.

There is a really simple and short chain:

$-->gc

Therefore, people that are able to spend real life cash have an easier access to high-end and very expensive stuff in the game. Therefore, longtime players are not the ones that will have the most profits from this update.

Either way, the thing happend. Some points, even ones mentioned above, were pointed out earlier. The decision had been made. Nothing will change it. Let's live with it or leave.

Just short note G.

There is a really simple and short chain:

$-->gc

Therefore, people that are able to spend real life cash have an easier access to high-end and very expensive stuff in the game. Therefore, longtime players are not the ones that will have the most profits from this update.

Either way, the thing happend. Some points, even ones mentioned above, were pointed out earlier. The decision had been made. Nothing will change it. Let's live with it or leave.

Not that simple for the $ -> gc ... the seller of the gc has to have the coins and be trusted ... and any orders I get right now will have to go on back order for my gc because I already have a waiting list! I can't speak about anybody else.

Also, stones like this give a chance for players that don't have cash to sell their stones for a LOT of gc! I see that as helping the people in other ways who aren't uber rich!

The hydro bar NPC only does nexus points, correct?

Thus the ability to buy your through pick points is a bit limited since many fighters may have a 40 or even 60 coordination... but don't have a 60 human nexus.

That makes the new stones great for tweaking your attributes, but not really for buying attributes.

Well, since the nexus removal stones are very very rare, and they are not for sale in the shop (except for those two), and since the hydro bars are pretty expensive, it will take a very, very evil and rich IRL person to gain a significant amount of PPs with this method.

Or needs to have way too much time on his hands to play your game and have a crapload of luck with drops along with that. :medieval:

-Blee

i think theres too much fuss over this issue.

the main idea about the nexi/pp stones i *thought* was to help extremely high oa'd chars in moving pp's, preventing a #reset (which IS a bitch)

this "help" is gonna cost them an assload of gc IF ent makes the stones really really rare.

so whats the problem? i BET my entire STO that when you find one of these stones, you wont be bitching :D

Indeed, but bitching is part of life, especially on a forum of an online game :D

Anyway, there will now soon be some very evil in-game rich people. Such a stone should be better than a lottery jackpot...

rofl silverarrow should get ready to be the richest in el if this goes on like this :D

Also, stones like this give a chance for players that don't have cash to sell their stones for a LOT of gc! I see that as helping the people in other ways who aren't uber rich!

Totally agree with that one :devlish:

Al lthe people who complain of this being a "Bad Thing" due to spoilage from rich players - I ask this.

Suppose you found a stone, and were offered $100 hard cash for it. Would you take it? Sure as hell I would! I am sure these prices in cash will not last too long, but a large injection of gc is always welcome. No game item is worth so much to me, nor to most sane people, and IMO if ent does decide to sell the stones in the shop, good luck to him! Any avenue of income from the game can only be good for both ent, and the game in general, and I am sure that he is wise enough not to sell so many of the stones to upset the balance and lose a lot of players.

Most of all, the people who would even consider spending that kind of gc or $$ on an item to gain PP are well out of my reach, so another couple of PP is not likely to make a tangible difference. If they chose to pay hard cash to compete amongst themselves, then good luck to them, and I hope that interest in the items remains long enough for me to find a stone :D

If your char is less then 3 months and/or your OA below 50 and/or you dont have at least 3 skills above 20 you are a NEWBIE, so no no stones.

If you're new to the game and buy a char with 150oa, you are a newbie too. Btw, #reset?

I like the stones and am not worried about rich/poor. People will always find a way to gain an advantage, using any means available to them, whether it be a game or a sport. At least with this implementation, there is only an advantage to be gained, and no negative consequences for people who choose to or are unable to get this advantage. And no, I don't consider "but he can have more p/c then me" negative for the "me" person.

If your char is less then 3 months and/or your OA below 50 and/or you dont have at least 3 skills above 20 you are a NEWBIE, so no no stones.

If you're new to the game and buy a char with 150oa, you are a newbie too. Btw, #reset?

Yeah, except that OA below 50 thing all the other definitions for a newbie sounds realistic...

Well, i remember when someone bought a char with top 10 in attack, defense, magic and potion, did not knew how to mix a sr or cast spells, etc. Still people praised him as uber. :D
And no, I don't consider "but he can have more p/c then me" negative for the "me" person.

You don't have to compete with them in fighting, do you?

____

Well, i like the stones (and no, i am not rich 'evil' irl) but i would like that it would be somewhat affordable not only by the uber rich 'evil' in rl, but to those who spend some money (not BIG money) in the game.

I remember the time before some of the special armor and weapons were available at shop, and the only 'vendors' were Nookie and other people, who did auctions for rl $. Result = only the 'uber rich in rl' won the auctions.

The problem (yes, it was a problem, at least in my point of view) was solved partially when the special swords/armor were sold at shop for reasonable prices, and with limit for the amount of what that stuff could be bought by one person.

Maybe a system where you could be limited to buy like 2 stones on shop in each 6 months, or something like that.

Edited by Lorck

Maybe a system where you could be limited to buy like 2 stones on shop in each 6 months, or something like that.

If there was such a system there would be very few of those stones... like the stone is extremely rare itself and if the people who can afford it can buy 4 of those stones per year...

If there was such a system there would be very few of those stones... like the stone is extremely rare itself and if the people who can afford it can buy 4 of those stones per year...

Well, and that is the way it should be, dunno if you noticed but the initial idea of the stones is to move pps not create "buyable" new pps. If the developers wanted buyable stats from the shop, they would offer buyable stats on the shop. :D

Well, and that is the way it should be, dunno if you noticed but the initial idea of the stones is to move pps not create "buyable" new pps.

Like a stone with an undo function :D

Well, i remember when someone bought a char with top 10 in attack, defense, magic and potion, did not knew how to mix a sr or cast spells, etc. Still people praised him as uber. :devlish:

And that says what, exactly?

And no, I don't consider "but he can have more p/c then me" negative for the "me" person.

Neither do you have to. Freedom of choice :D

Edited by RallosZek

]If you're new to the game and buy a char with 150oa, you are a newbie too. Btw, #reset?

Well, i remember when someone bought a char with top 10 in attack, defense, magic and potion, did not knew how to mix a sr or cast spells, etc. Still people praised him as uber. :devlish:

And that says what, exactly?

People perceive as n00b or pr0 based only in the person's stats, not the amount of knowledge that the person has about the game.

Neither do you have to. Freedom of choice :D

You don't have to compete with them because you don't go fighting or go to pk maps, or w/e. So people can have 2000 of p/c and nothing would change in your gaming expirience, but of course it would change something to some other people. What is not negative 'to you' can be negative to other people and to the game in general. Edited by Lorck

Roll it all back to original post. I dont post. Enuff said. Obviously you dont pick yourself up by your own bootstraps. I have worked my butt off. Cry somewhere else. I can only control what I accomplish. I guess we should make you top dawg and limit everyone else to less than you.

Can we be told which stones the winner receives before the auction ends? Does the winner have his/her own choice?

Thanks.

LuciferX

As for the stones on the auction, there will be two nexus stones of your choice.