Eternal Lands Official Forums
shanglo

Yet another school shooting

the problem isent really guns i mean yes they can kill people easily but you can just as easily kill someone with your car. Its really the people... some people are just insane or have some sort of mental thing going on... theres alot of fucked up people out there and i dont think we will ever be able to do anything about them.

i hate incidents like this. also, drugs are a hell of a increasing problem. i live in a place where people HAVE brought guns to school, but never use them. but people will go behind the school and smoke pot and things like that, its crazy!

I'm pretty sure if more people would go behind school and smoke some pot, there would be no shootings or school violence of any kind...

-Vis

i totaly agree with you there btw

Also Adolf Hitler hated gays and get this his grandfather was a Jew wats up with that!

Well, his grandmother worked in a jewish house and when she was fired, she said she had a romance with someone of that family, and that she was pregnant of him.

In the following years, Adolf Hitler claimed that his grandmother did that to get a pension from that family. True or not (considering Hitler's history, probably a lie), it shows that Hitler really hated jews, since he tought it was better to maculate the name of his family and grandmother to admite that he was part jew.

Lorck, nice history lesson. Hitler killed some gipsy too, and not many cared (not very unsurprisingly).
Thx. Hitler also killed some people with mental problems. In fact, the nazi doctors made several expirements in mentally ill people to test resistance and develop a fast mass killing technique which proved sucessful against the jews, gays, comunists, gipsies, anarchists, etc. The first 'concentration camp', was in fact a hospital to treat mentally ill people.

To be honest, that were the only expirements of animal resistence done on humans, so doctors everywhere rely on that data collected by the nazis.

Anyway, my point is, if you have a gun you can die with dignity, fighting like a real man, not humiliated in some death camp. And not only that you die with honor, but you take some motherfuckers with you as well.
Well, of course your point makes sense. But lets not forget that the jews suffered a massive marketing campaign against them made by the nazi, which blamed them for the germanic defeat in the previous war and the subsequent economic chaos which followed.

I can only guess it would be really hard for the jews to get a weapon in such an environment, and even if they could get it would just bring distrust from the other people in the community.

____

And my point was: usually the people let their government do what they want when the general public is shocked. And two examples (rather extreme examples, but good to ilustrate the point): the democratic Weimar republic (which turned up in Nazi Germany) and its what happened in the USA after 9/11 (when the gov suspended several civil rights to 'hunt the terrorists'). I can only hope that something like that does not happen again.

Edited by Lorck

You know, I used to be anti gun, sort of (not extreme, just thought it was a bad idea for everyone to have them). However, after seeing some documentaries about how the jews were taken from their homes and killed and sent to death camps, I couldn't help but think: would the nazis have done that if most of the jews had some semi automatic rifle?

Besides, it's fun to play with guns, I plan to get an AR 15 soon.

So you think if the jews had semis it wouldve made a difference? If you paid attention to the documentaries, you wouldve learned that way before the holocaust, in 1938, Hitler came to America and got madd bank loans from our banks. Shortly after that, in November of 1939, he started veying for power in germany promising an end to the depression in germany. After he had the support he needed, he was elected as the Democratic leader in January of 1940. Declared himself a dictator in march and began recruiting for his own "secret order" upon which completion he had anyone who opposed him publicly killed as an example. After he raised his army, he invaded Poland in August. The jews never had a chance, there were like 1000 german soldiers for every 100 jews, if they would've all had guns to shoot back they would have all been killed. Yes it is tragic that the ones who survived were mostly sent to death camps and the crimes committed by the SS third Reich were and are unforgiveable. But sometimes the obvious solution is not the best solution. You must learn to take into account other factors than sheer might or probability. The course of events leading up to ths went unnoticed by the us public as our government couldnt be bothered to end their policy of isolationism. If the public of america was allowed to know what was happening as it played out we would be at war as soon as poland was invaded not after france surrendered in November 1941. However, as our public knew when poland was invaded and cared not it was not because they simply didnt care it was because it was the first they'd heard of hitler.

So to summarize, i don't think it would be a good idea to make it so everyone had guns, instead i think it would be better to make it so everyone could CHOOSE whether to have one and IF they chose to do so it should be a requirement to have more thorough record checks and training how to use it under fire. But the answer to school shootings is give the teachers weapons to protect our kids with. I doubt id be too happy to hear of another adult teaching my kid how to use a gun, he's not even old enough to be married yet.

Rymjha, you got your dates wrong.

Anyway, like I was saying, the whole idea with having a gun is not necesarly to survive, but to:

1. Die with dignity, in a relatively painless death.

2. Take some motherfuckers with you.

3. Make them think twice before they come to get you.

I agree Radu, Going down in a blaze of glory is the way to go! :laugh:

Rymjha, you got your dates wrong.

Anyway, like I was saying, the whole idea with having a gun is not necesarly to survive, but to:

1. Die with dignity, in a relatively painless death.

2. Take some motherfuckers with you.

3. Make them think twice before they come to get you.

The bad thing about it is that the U.S government is trying to ban guns hoping to solve the problems which would cause many more problems. If they made it where no1 could own a firearm causing criminals to have guns(because they would hide/not give up) and the civilians to be weponless :devlish:

but guns are fun to play with i own 4 :D

Edited by Isenguard

Considering i live, in the ghetto, i have a baby on the way, and a loving fiance. i will never leave the house without my strap.

I dont fire my gun unless i feel my life is in danger or my friends/family.

My family and i were threatened at the store 2 days ago.

This Drunkard had came up noticing i had a headband on *blue "flag"*.

He was maybe 30s? drunk. Angry.

Starts shouting at me, saying " i dont like that rap Shit."

me being confused, responded 'excuse me ?'

again he goes off, now he pulls a little 4 inch blade.

my fiance started to walk back.

she knows i have more then one weapon on me at all times, for different measures.

Normally a hatchet, crowbar and strap. or my butterfly.

at the time i had my crowbar strap and butterfly.

so i said are you going to do anything with that?

he says hes gonna stab me.

(consider the fact im out in the open on a VERY busy street.)

So i knew not to pull mystrap unless he lunged at me.

so i pull my crowbar.

my wife is calling the police as we watch.

Homeboy starts heading to my wife. and

then only then i knew i had to pull strap.

with maybe 50+ people glaring at the pyscho and i.

i drew, and fired 2 shots in the air.

he turns. looks and calls me a pansy.

i told him if he steps once more he will take a few to the chest.

The police arrive, and cuff the drunkard.

"fiance is shaking crying etc."

i am pissed, at pyscho fuckfaces like this that, ruin our daily lives.

i get all kinds of stuff from the cops. for having and fired my gun.

bleh, what a nice little story? eh, i hate pyschos...

But im a pyscho :medieval:

but ya love meh right =D

This is like my neighbors

A bunch of ghetto people that do nothing but try and make my life miserable. The bastards will pull guns on you and shit and act all tough. When my dad pulls an assault rifle (god knows where he has this s.o.b. they run like pansy ass bitches. With out our own weapon where would we all be in these situations. Give every one the right to own a hand gun weapon yada yada yada and i have no doubt it will calm down.

Please ignore the topic made by rider of rohan. I accidentally logged onto my old account (i gave it to him to post with) but i actually typed this

But im a pyscho ohmy.gif

but ya love meh right =D

This is like my neighbors

A bunch of ghetto people that do nothing but try and make my life miserable. The bastards will pull guns on you and shit and act all tough. When my dad pulls an assault rifle (god knows where he has this s.o.b. they run like pansy ass bitches. With out our own weapon where would we all be in these situations. Give every one the right to own a hand gun weapon yada yada yada and i have no doubt it will calm down.

:medieval:

Heh, well it was a diff experience, i never expected to be fronted about my headband rofl. i sport colors cause im cool :medieval:

You don't need a gun to protect yourself in UK? That's kind of strange, because I always hear about bad stuff happening in London and other UK cities (especially the teenagers).

Bad events happen in every city in the world but some our worse than others, and yes at the moment there has been a spate of knife killings in inner citys and sorry to say these are mostly young coloureds teens, trying to live some kind of copycat American gangsta lifestyle,but I live and have visited many of the countrys major citys ( for nights out stag night ) and have never had a problem with violence wether gun related or not

Well im white, and im very close to 18, ya. ( 1 more month!!!) so, it was odd. I know my city (phoenix,arizona) has alot of crime, we are a very.. um unprotected city, as many cops as i see a day, half dont realize what really goes on. i know of atleast 3 meth labs in a 20 mile radius of my house. who knows. maybe more? shit like this ruins our cities.. i use to be a addict of meth, i know what it does, ive seen young kids such as 10 - 13 even trying this stuff. people like this really need to be removed from the world. as harash as it sounds, its the truth.

I have been saying for a while now that it would only take one good shooter to make columbine look small.

Entropy: I agree with everything you have said.

An armed nation is actually a safe one. I am not of age to legally carry a gun. I do always have a thumnail knife on me at all times.

I like the idea of teachers having weopons. If all the students at VT had guns, the Korean man (Incorrectly labeled earlier as Chinese) would never have done all that damage.

We live in a sick, twisted place. Most are shocked by the atrocity, but I am almost suprised that more occurances like this have not happened.

There should be some law preventing psychos from having guns. Like my uncle. (No offense to him, but he is not stable)

When I am of age I will buy a concealed gun liscence and actually *practice*

It was a horrible thing that happened. I can only pray for those who lost family or friends.

Katriel~ Crown

Edited by Katriel

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I don't see a problem with people being allowed to carry guns, as long as the relevant background checks etc are done. I mean, I don't think any Joe Schmo should be able to walk into a shop and say "Hey, dude, gimme that one" without question, but since the people who want guns for a bad purpose will get them no matter what laws are made, if they really want to, why not put a few into the hands of good people as well? Even if we do take away guns, they will find something else to kill people with (axe, chainsaw, baseball bat, knife, boxcutter, caligraphy pen, bare fists,...).

I could be wrong, it is just my current opinion. I grew up in an environment where people kept guns for self-defense and hunting. and were very responsible about them.

Edited by Tanyia

Guns for self protection and hunting are fine but am I the only one that thinks that in a state ( virginia ) where its harder to drive a car than own a gun ( no license needed for a gun) something is seriously wrong.

There are good people and there are bad people, it is what the bad/good people DO that determines the out comes of so many of the things that happen in our community. I usually although not many people know carry a nice pretty switch blade in my left back pocket. WHY? you may ask... simple I DO NOT WANT TO DIE BECAUSE OF SOME PANSY ASS BITCH. I think that if some of the good people who knew what the fuck they were doing actually had some protection then we could stop s.o.b's like Cho whatcha ma call it.

I believe he had an accomplice. Pay attention to what happened. 1 shooting happening here and in a place that takes 10 minutes to get to ANOTHER was happening within seconds or even minutes of the first one. The 1 guy didn't do it all its bull shit to think he did.

"people will use a knife if they don't have a gun" ... right... so you also think everyone should have tactical nuclear devices? seriously, the fact that they would use a lesser weapon isn't a reason not to reduce weapons

and lets look at the situation where all of the class is armed... instead of one point of fire, we now have, what, a half dozen, a dozen, more people firing at once? and lets not forget that they probably won't be taking the time to aim properly... how many more will get hit? and what happens in the aftermath of that? they go on trial, and are acquitted, and the vicious cycle continues? they get locked up for what they thought was self-defence (except they weren't responsible in application)? or the families and friends of the other victims that this individual accidentally shot go looking for revenge?

"criminals will always have weapons, so having citizens armed makes them safer" ... no... maybe you don't see it there, but around here, the idea is that if someone wants to take your money, you give it to them and don't fight... money can be replaced, but getting shot kinda prevents you from being able to do that

you have to consider the larger implications, rather than knee-jerk to the latest event (that's the stupid sort of thing that happens with terrorism... someone tried to use a liquid explosive, and despite the experts saying it wouldn't have worked, there's now all the fuss about liquids on flights... the public is less safe because it's knee-jerk and money goes into privacy-invading lists rather than training people and general intelligence (which is proven to work well))

and lets not forget that the criminals have to get their firearms from somewhere... maybe they won't give up any they have... maybe they will still get more... but it'll be harder for them to get more firearms (most of them were probably legally purchased once upon a time)

what happens if people are encouraged to carry firearms and there's the media feeding the frenzy and hype for all it's worth... "I thought that was a gun in his pocket, so I shot him... didn't find out till later that it was only a bananana"... we have police for a reason. in general, they're trained, and will react to those sorts of situations better than civilians (there are exceptions, certainly, but it's the big picture again)

vigilantism isn't something people should want on their streets

don't get me wrong, I'm not against people having firearms if there's a valid reason... police/defence forces, hunters and farmers, target shooters(I have a few trophies here myself), etc... but there need to be stringent requirements on who can get a firearm, and preferably training for anyone who wants to have one (following the drivers license model as a start point seems similar... although I've heard that in some places you don't even need to demonstrate any competence to get a learner's license for the road, so maybe those places need to look at a better developed system)

letting just about anyone get a firearm with no background checks, licensing, or training is part of the cause, not the solution

the other part of the cause is, of course, social... in a situation where people feel that bad that they feel the need to kill others and themselves... there have been a number of failures for it to get to that stage... and fixing the system is the only way to fix the problem

ed: oh, and lets look at what sort of firearms should be available... the military and perhaps special elements of the police would have reason to have fully automatic weapons... normal police have reason for semi-automatic weapons (rifles and pistols)... hunters and farmers and anyone like that only needs a rifle(possibly semi-automatic, though single-action would work in most cases just fine)... target shooters have grounds to have pistols as well as rifles, but again, there's no need for a fully automatic weapon (target shoot with one of them? pfft, it doesn't work too well).

I defy anyone to come up with a good example of a civilian having a fully automatic weapon (exclusion of off-duty or ex- military, police, militia, etc that have had the training and all. also not including countries that do qualify as warzones)

and add to the social issue the big problem of people thinking gangs are cool... and all related... although this may be an aspect of the instant gratification and relaxed responsibility of today's society in many parents (yes, some kids are going to be impossible to control without institutionization... although that may be better for them (and society) in the long run than walking the streets at night... but many kids could have turned out a lot better with a better upbringing)

Edited by ttlanhil

Stats talk most

-from http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/factshe...?page=firefacts:

In 1996, handguns were used to murder 2 people in New Zealand, 15 in Japan, 30 in Great Britain, 106 in Canada and 9,390 in the United States.

-from http://www.gun-control-network.org/GF01.htm:

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):

Homicide

USA 4.08 (1999)

Canada 0.54 (1999)

Switzerland 0.50 (1999)

Scotland 0.12 (1999)

England/Wales 0.12 (1999/00)

Japan 0.04 (1998)

So yes, weapons and second amendment make Americans to feel safer, but is America safe country? :whistle:

Solution is more Guns :D I want to see stats in few years :devlish:

Might I add that in switzerland most able bodied men are in the reserve army and know how to shoot? They have guns around in the house too and yet your statistics show a very low murder rate. Armament and training is the swiss answer to all the agressive countries around it. Invade switzerland and you have a large army of Wilhelm Tell types running around in difficult terrain and being damn adept at shooting. Not that the EU would invade anything nowadays but things used to be different in these parts.

Anyway, did this korean buy the guns or can he as a non-US citizen even do so? Or did he blackmarket them?

In any case, the anti gun discussion is bullshit because then we can ban cars as well (the biggest killers in the western world). Guns are cool, just like computer games and yet some idiots always want to ban both because it leads to 'violence'.

Edited by sithicus

Anyway, did this korean buy the guns or can he as a non-US citizen even do so? Or did he blackmarket them?

He bought them legally and in a normal gun shop, one a month for two months, in accordance to VA state law.

Like I said before ttlanhil, there should not be NO requirements for getting guns. I think the VA laws are too lax, from what I've seen of them. But I don't think there should be an all-out ban on guns either.

[but I don't think there should be an all-out ban on guns either.

I'd sure hope not. I'm not sure I'm THAT good with a knife to fight a criminal who illegally obtained a gun. :D

This shooter actaully was at the phych ward for a while then released as an out-patient. They should have a check on this in the state of Virginia so former/continuing patiens cannot own a gun unless thier pychyatrist signs a paper declaring that his/her patient is in a normal state.

I agree that a better upbringing would be the best solution.

I must depart for I have to leave the compuer. This is an annoying fact because I was enjoying myself.

Katriel~ Crown

As long as there is one gun on the street all men and woman should have the right to bare arms also,regardless of having felon record (can get a felon just for kicking some ass holes ass) does this mean you should get shoot in head and robed and not be aloud to protect yourself? and if they take the guns out of bad people hands i feel sorry for future victims getting killed by harmers and baseball bats ,that being more painful then just getting shot to death.No one thinks about that.I sure rather be shot in face then stabed 31 times(GUNS DONT KILL -PEPOLE KILL)

Edited by masterkenbo