Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wizzy

Summoning / Fighting

I recently just noticed that summoning a creature is not possible while fighting another, other than the use of summon stones. It would be nice to be able to summon a creature after your attacked with skill. I was wondering if this is a bug. Since it is not able to use the manufature window while fighting, shuld this apply to summons? It would be nice for the high level summoners to use there skill in combat. Summon stones is of course an option, but not all animals/ creatures are able to be made into stones. Summon Stones also have a cooldown, where as I think a pro summoner should have the option to summon creatures to help them when in PK situations.

Any ideas?? or comments?

Felessan

Not sure if its true or not but I agree.... Summoning during fighting should be allowed. How else can i fight off all those big bad PK'ers who jump me apart from summon my Beavers!

Not sure if its true or not but I agree.... Summoning during fighting should be allowed. How else can i fight off all those big bad PK'ers who jump me apart from summon my Beavers!

Flee/Dis or summon before they attack you. I consider this a feature, not a bug.

i'd agree that summon during fights should be allowed, it would actually motivate me to level summon beyond my current level (50). atm i have to diss and hope my summon doesnt fail when i attempt it.

also, it's not possible to summon on labor day. maybe that could be changed at least? :D

Yes, One could use a dis ring and then try to summon. But then your faced with cool down on the rings. It seems that to use magic skill while fighting you dont have to Disengage, and if summoning is a skill that is only usefull in fighting, perhaps this should be the same. Just my opinion.

Felessan

oO... i disagree with the majority of you, as someone who boosted up p/c and did summoning back in the day to be a bad ass pkers, lol, being able to summon while fighting wasn't that important, if you really want to "master" summoning you'll have to learn how to use the skill instead of askin for things to changed, its always been that way and hopefully always will.

I tend to disagree, summon stones can be used during combat, why couldn't someone who has taken the time to level there summon skill also use that skill? Seems some one with a summon skill of zero, and buys summon stones has more of an advantage than someone who has high skills, but is unable to use them while fighting.

Felessan

Yes, this is definitely a good idea. Magic and summoning are essentially similar in my point of view, as in you execute some non-combat moves while evading blows. Summon is an awesome skill now that we have summon stones, but the summon without stone is frighteningly underpowered compared to the cost: the creatures are rather weak for their cost, certainly compared to the nice creatures from summon stones, and uses a lot of mana. By allowing summoners to use their skill in combat, they do not gain a huge advantage either, since everyone can use stones but the real summoners can summon more creatures at the cost of mana. It is more a 'realism/balancing' thing. Whether you cast mana drain or whatever they cast nowadays on each other, or you summon some additional beastie should be up to the player.

Edited by sithicus

i think the summoners would like this, as felessan said not all summons can be done with stones, it also makes more sense for a summoner to be able to use is skill while pking. though i think most would still use stones instead as mana is very important, but a choice would be a nice thing

I just recently got to lvl 46 summoning since my return, but I do remember how summoning was before the stones. "old school" summoning took alot of emu, and mana, making it difficult to carry all the items you needed for pking and summoning. I have kinda taken a liking to the "new school" summoning metthod. I waste alot less emu this way, dont have to have that pesky mix window open to summon with,refil my mana constantly, and I dont have to hang back until I have all my chims, or bear or tigers summoned, then come help, I can actually get in on the fight and summon at the same time. So, I agree with chaoogie in hoping that they don't change the way it works with "old school" summoning in a battle. The new way is very efficient as it is.

**edit** im also new to pking, spent all my time working on my other skills prior to my having left EL a couple years ago. So I am not as skilled with the fighting/summoning aspect as some of the others may be.

Edited by Malificent

a summoner to be able to use is skill while pking

im sorry, but if you(general, not you specifically) actually do pking and tone that skill and learn how to use it, u can definetly use summon while pking and not in a literal sense. as i said jsut takes some trial n error and practice time.

i cleared kf quiet a few times with lots of chims or flufs and other misc things, same with minion, you should get a full experience of a skill before you look for short cuts to make things easier

Guest ohmygod

a summoner to be able to use is skill while pking

im sorry, but if you(general, not you specifically) actually do pking and tone that skill and learn how to use it, u can definetly use summon while pking and not in a literal sense. as i said jsut takes some trial n error and practice time.

i cleared kf quiet a few times with lots of chims or flufs and other misc things, same with minion, you should get a full experience of a skill before you look for short cuts to make things easier

You may have cleared KF but i remember a time when i pked you before you had a chance to summon and droped COM + lots of enriched ess. Had flekku not saved your bag it would have been bad for you as a summoner.

But like chaoogie says there are ways to pk with summons you just have to know how. Try experiment with different tactics first. Dont just ask for things to be changed.

Maybe try to use a summon stone then diss while the person fighting your stone summon start to summon other monsters? I dont know but experimentation is a good way to develop your own style of pk summoning.

No, it would make summoners to be the best PKers in the game, just summon 8 rabbits quickly and then the defense of the one attacked is severly decreased.

also, it's not possible to summon on labor day. maybe that could be changed at least? :)

Excellent idea. Considering that Summon is a type of magic(i.e. it uses etheral points, not magic) I don't think it can be considered labor, even if it uses the manu. window...

Guest ohmygod

lol omg, everyone faulters somedays :) didnt you die like 5 times in a day, and glad to know that the labour day is a bug for summoning

I have died 5 times a day a lot... thats what happens when you have lots of enemies who will only fight you 8v1 :)

No, it would make summoners to be the best PKers in the game, just summon 8 rabbits quickly and then the defense of the one attacked is severly decreased.

'There is no fork' perk rocks! :)