Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scullsyk

The use of hammers

You are talking about battle hammers, right?

Not much of a weapons expert but they are somewhat unwieldy, aren't they? Thus defense and accuracy penalty ... makes sense to me :D

Hammers are strong weapons, but tend to be heavy and that makes them difficult to use in combat.

Myself, I don't find the hammer being in 1 hand very realistic. So I think our current hammers all look a bit more like the mace thingy already, the iron hammer at least.

That might be because of other games but I tend to think of hammers as huge 2-handed weapons, that strike for rather high damage but are very slowly wielded because of the weight and that also makes them less accurate etc.

-Blee

I agree with blee. Most of the time when i think of hammers you use in combat i think of the large bulky 2 handed weps. this is 1 of the first games i've seen with the hammers 1-handed. :D

Giants pwn with hammer. :D

his hammer is bigger then dragoeni+5% :D of course it pwns lol

but that mace looks good :)

Edited by Kakuzu

If they gave hammers a stun/paralyze chance they might worth the negatives. But as drop killing weapons they are pretty decent.

I'd use them more often if I could make my own. A few iron bars, some fire essences, a wood handle (maybe some steel) (hopefully)... has to be less expensive to make than what the NPC charges! Besides, you get to add some nice new overpriced books in order to drain my storage of gold.

Wait until Roja makes the giant Nail monster...