Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sinohie

Whats the best tower for El [SOLVED]

I was wondering what is the best computer to play Eternal Land, i mean of course the specifications, i don't mean the very best but something so it will run smoothly and not go over budget, thanks in advance :confused:

Edited by Derin

Well GFX card wise, go for a Nvidia card, anything over a 5200 should run the game smoothly.

Any modern, ie new computer will work. If you want to play games you might want to put a few extra coins into your graphics card. (well, not literally :) )

256MB if your client is compiled with USE_LOW_MEM. Otherwise, 512. Seriously, EL isn't that high-spec - just that people insist on running it on computers with five-year-old graphics cards or no graphics drivers or an ati card under linux.

Actually, my computer IS five years old, and it runs fine. Imagine that.

Edited by freeone3000

256MB if your client is compiled with USE_LOW_MEM. Otherwise, 512. Seriously, EL isn't that high-spec - just that people insist on running it on computers with five-year-old graphics cards or no graphics drivers or an ati card under linux.

But, if the machine has Vista on it, get 1G at least or you'll be sorry. Thats because of Vista not EL ... and getting EL to work under Vista will be a challenge.

Im running a celeron 1.8 gig 512 megs of ram and an ati8500 card with 128 megs of ram on it and play on windows xp and linux kubuntu and have no problems playing the game at all.

my puter is about 6 years old now.

Get a Nvidia card in the 7000 series (preferably 7600 GS or higher).

If you want all the eye candy, you will need something powerful, especially when we will have normal maps and stuff like that.

If your getting a windows os computer they allready have pretty good processors for el and stuff, but some of the graphics cards are on board ones which are decent but you might want to invest in a real graphics card. Im pretty sure all vista computers come with a gig now in them of ram which will run el but if you want to run el really fast you might want to get allitle more ram but i think 1gig might be fine for el. it really depends on your budget how fast you want to run el and how often you play el or other games. If you play high end graphics games id spend the extra money and get allitle better stuff. but if you only play el or other games once and a while i wouldent spend as much.

UHmmm a friend of mine got a 500 MHz and 128 mb ram and a bad video card but the game runs perfekt :medieval:

But, if the machine has Vista on it, get 1G at least or you'll be sorry. Thats because of Vista not EL ... and getting EL to work under Vista will be a challenge.

What should be the specifications of a graphics card to run el on vista? Can you give a list from nvidia/ati that can run el+full aero functions at the same time on vista?

Thanks

good gosh people, im running a dell optiplex 160L that is a few years old, designed to be a business computer with intel 82845 g/gl/ge/pe/gv integrated video, and 128 ram, lol, and it run perfect most of the time!

:P:D:)

The game is designed to work on really old computers (almost 10 years old), but if you want to get the maximum out of it (nice, smooth shadows and various effects) you will need a modern computer. In the future, we will add some even more cpu/gpu intensive stuff so having a good video card is a really good idea, especially that they are pretty affordable nowdays.