Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tsunami96306

Tankel

I've been playing El for over two years now and have enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.....

One thing I've heard alot was how (developers) wanted to keep the game as realistic as possible.

This I understand, making things should take hard work...not just be given to the player.......I fully think players need to earn "it" whatever it may be, lvl's...make a potion...manu a piece of gear.

The thing I can say with full and total honesty....Tankel and the way he operates is total bs.

You want to be realistic, well tell me who in their right mind pays for a repair man to destroy their stuff???

Nobody!!!!

The fact he cant repair and destroys the item....this is realistic, I can see that. Things maybe broke beyond a repairman's capability, or he could make a mistake....nobody is perfect!

The thing I believe should change is why should anyone in their right mind have to pay for him to break their items....

Realize this is me venting sence I stopped using my NMT cape and have lost tons of items to tankel....but isn't it possible to re-think this issue and try to make it more fair??

Tankel being a bad repairman, I can understand that....but why should we "EL Players" have to pay for that??

Can this change or can you explain the thinking behind why we lose gc even tho he destroys the item.....To me, isn't the lose of a expensive item enough?

I've been playing El for over two years now and have enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.....

One thing I've heard alot was how (developers) wanted to keep the game as realistic as possible.

This I understand, making things should take hard work...not just be given to the player.......I fully think players need to earn "it" whatever it may be, lvl's...make a potion...manu a piece of gear.

The thing I can say with full and total honesty....Tankel and the way he operates is total bs.

You want to be realistic, well tell me who in their right mind pays for a repair man to destroy their stuff???

Nobody!!!!

The fact he cant repair and destroys the item....this is realistic, I can see that. Things maybe broke beyond a repairman's capability, or he could make a mistake....nobody is perfect!

The thing I believe should change is why should anyone in their right mind have to pay for him to break their items....

Realize this is me venting sence I stopped using my NMT cape and have lost tons of items to tankel....but isn't it possible to re-think this issue and try to make it more fair??

Tankel being a bad repairman, I can understand that....but why should we "EL Players" have to pay for that??

Can this change or can you explain the thinking behind why we lose gc even tho he destroys the item.....To me, isn't the lose of a expensive item enough?

Amen. :confused: although tankel rarely breaks my items so i never really complain.

Edited by BEAVER

one day i had about 8 dmged items i had gotten in pk i went to tankel and he broke ever1 but 1 and the 1 he fixed i couldnt care less about

i say make tankel pkable :confused:

Well, I am sure you remember him breaking your good items in a row. How about saving your good items in a row?

If you don't like him, don't use him. Eventually the engineering skill will be useful for repairing stuff too, but there will also be a failure rated associated with it, regardless of the level.

Well, I am sure you remember him breaking your good items in a row. How about saving your good items in a row?

If you don't like him, don't use him. Eventually the engineering skill will be useful for repairing stuff too, but there will also be a failure rated associated with it, regardless of the level.

but can you make him pkable so i can kill him until he learns to fix things. plzzzzz :confused:

Maybe you guys should just consider "using" the damaged stuff til it breaks...and you can get it broken for free instead of paying tankel to break it faster. in fact, i'd say you probably make more gc on the damaged stuff by using it in a damaged state.

Maybe you guys should just consider "using" the damaged stuff til it breaks...and you can get it broken for free instead of paying tankel to break it faster. in fact, i'd say you probably make more gc on the damaged stuff by using it in a damaged state.

I do it with titanium armor stuff and "great" swords, because the stats of the new armor or weapon is the same of the used one.

@Isenguard: just mentalize that i am Tankel, and when you meet me on pk maps, pk me. :confused:

OFFTOPIC: Pr0 siggy Algorn, NetBSD is nice stuff, its sad that few people use it.

just mentalize that i am Tankel, and when you meet me on pk maps, pk me. :confused:

OFFTOPIC: Pr0 siggy Algorn, NetBSD is nice stuff, its sad that few people use it.

*gasp* Lorck broke my CoL, now I will go pk him... surprising how little that helps :confused: Seriously a improvement in Tankel's (and heavybeard's) success rates would be nice, but it really isn't that bad now, breaking things is bad, it should stay that way (and yes, Tankel really did break a CoL for me, infact everything of value I gave him he has broken, except maybe one pair of iron greaves or something like that). I suspect nothing will change at Tankel at least until Engineering comes in.

--Duck2

I suspect nothing will change at Tankel at least until Engineering comes in.

--Duck2

Engineering will come soon, since the cvs version of the client is already has it (tho last time i tried the cvs i was crashing when doing restore).

Btw, about COLs, they do break a lot recently. I remember a COL which stood with me 6 months of intense training/pking. Then recently, i was breaking like 3 per weak when NMT was unbreakable and i was actually using COLs.

Edited by Lorck

I agree, I broke a lot of things at Tankels too, but I decided its not worth it to pay for an instant break. The last CoL that degraded for me I used a couple months until it broke.

And lucky for me, I had gotten a new one by then. TY again Dejan. :)

-Blee

Ya :) and with this you can play EL on NetBSD too.

Well my complaint wasn't with the breaking of the item, it was having to pay for his mistake. Cant the loss of the item be enough??

Edited by Tsunami96306

Well my complaint wasn't with the breaking of the item, it was having to pay for his mistake. Cant the loss of the item be enough??

Any reputable craftsman would not charge if they damage/destroyed the item they were working on.

What if Tankel charged his current fees for successfully fixing an item, but didn't if he broke it? That would seem more reasonable and a better fit with the role-play aspect of the game.

("how is it a better fit" you ask? Because charging for breaking people's stuff would have gotten him killed by now.)

IRL, if you need some expensive surgery and you die, you still paid the money to the doctors, yes?

Nope (although your estate might).

But I do see your point. :P

IRL, if you need some expensive surgery and you die, you still paid the money to the doctors, yes?

Not that I know of, and in that case I think the Doctor would have to pay money.....

Now I like that idea, he breaks it....he has to pay for it.

No, you pay for the operation, and you are told of the risks.

If you die on the operation table, or after the operation, you still paid for it.

No, you pay for the operation, and you are told of the risks.

If you die on the operation table, or after the operation, you still paid for it.

Well, if we were talking about a NPC that we pay to heal us and had a random chance of being poisoned, that analogy might be appropriate.

But their argument was about equipment repair... thus the analogy doesn't match.

First I dont see how you can compare Tankel to a Doctor.........not even close.

With human life...yes fate plays a part and you cant hold that against a doctor...so you should pay.

Fixing a piece of equipment, totally different....transistor A goes in slot B, well there is no mistaking that....

If the repairman puts it in slot C and destroys the equipment....thats on him and not the responiblity of the owner.

We all know there isn't a court in the world that would make the owner still pay the repairman for services he not only didn't fulfil but destroyed the item completely in the process.

I wont go on any furture with this....We all know who's opinion matters here.....and that aint me, so whats the point in arguing.

At least I was able to put it out there so thanks for that.....

Edited by Tsunami96306

but can you make him pkable so i can kill him until he learns to fix things. plzzzzz :P

Rofl think of him falling tons of COL's and other shiny armor when you pk him :icon8:

I don't know if the server logs it, but I would love to see how many COLs Tankel has repaired for me.. I make a very good amount of gc buying damaged COLs, repairing and selling them as shiny new COLs. I would conservatively estimate I have repaired 40, and I have lost maybe 6.

Tankel, if your daughter didn't smell of cowhide I'd marry her, become your son-in-law and keep the money in the family :)