Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PuNKMAN

Need some help with editor features (got everything, thanx!)

I have tried my hand at the map editor before, and personally find myself pretty good at it (:)).

There are just a couple things I don't understand that the manual doesn't seem to cover well enough.

1) Houses. How am I supposed to be making it so that they teleport you to this other map and all that? I'm not sure I understand a blink about that. All I can do is place the houses. :?

Eh, thanks dude... Can someone explain the .def files now? Do I just put all that info into a txt file/save as a .def with the map file in the map folder or something?

2) The Height Map option. I'm not sure what it is, if my version is just messed up or something like that, but I can't seem to do anything with the height map except mape all the terrain 'green' (by enabling it). Can someone explain to me how I'm supposed to do stuff with it? :?:

Oh yea, also, in the manual, it talks about selecting such and such a square on the 'grid'. Again, all I can figure out is how to enable the height map.

Thanks... :wink:

[PuNK]

well 1. you need to wright a .def file but i ave no idea how to do :) just get the infor that was asked for in the manual

house22.e3d-345 --> object name and id

x=20 y=50 --> coords you enter house on

ihouse22.e3d-678(door2.e3d) -> inside house 22 ...id of door to leave (door object name)

x=23 y=54 --> coords you leave the house on

and 2. again in the manual :roll: i dont know what the keys are my hands do so i couldnt say for surewith out openin the editor but i think insert and delete lower n raise the hight fieds

I still dont understand that stuff. Ive got to figure it out before I can finish this dugeon/cave thingy I'm working on now.

aren't we supposed to write the coordinates and like send em to mooner or roja so they can make the .def file? O.O

eh, are we supposed to?

also, I have looked through that manual before. The complete thing. Several times, in fact. (and I still can't totally figure out how you're supposed to be finding coordinates and such with the height map! O.o)

I'm no newb. I read directions before asking this sort of stuff. I just... don't know. O.o

[PuNK]

yea im making the def files.

well as hemp said, i need the notes about the coordinates and stuff. just like its said in the manual. otherwise i dont know which houses to link with which insides :)

The heightmap.

well .. its quite simple. just put everything that is unwalkable at -2.20

everything that is walkable at 0.00 and if you want to heightmap rocks, crates whatever .. press TAB and use ins/del to increase/decrease the height.

Oh and the players can only go 0.40 up at one step so dont make the difference between the steps bigger than that.

if you got more questions or if you still didnt get it .. just ask :D

I think I figured it out, thanks. I was missing the mouse w/ the flash stuff on the end where you can pick different heights and... uhh... yea. (still can't figure out how you're supposed to use the INST/DEL keys to raise/lower it... no matter.)

EDIT: nvm, figured it out. Silly me didn't get how it was being explained. Pretty much, once you have a height already selected you can use ins/del to raise/lower it.

Thanks.

[PuNK]