Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kasgoroth

Question about the the Music Update from 2/26/2006 [SOLVED]

Hi everyone!

First of all - I don't really have a problem. The music is beautiful and plays fine, but I'm not sure what I ought to do with this music update of the three *.pll files, namely: map6_cave.pll, map14f.pll, and cont2map9.pll.

The first file - map6_cave.pll isn't even included in the single file downloads, as well as in the full music download package (I've downloaded the two 33Mb files). The remaining two files are on the download page, but downloading them isn't as straightforward, as it should be - at least in Opera. Whenever I tried to "right click & save as" I got a *.html page as a download option. Clicking on the link directly opened a new page with some symbols and the file's name on it. I could only download them by copying the url into FlashGet (download manager). Ain't really user-friendly If you ask me, or did I miss something? Oh and btw - my IE isn't working, so I couldn't test it out, I use only Opera ATM.

I've checked the modify date of the two files that are downloadable (map14f.pll, cont2map9.pll) from the full 2x33Mb music DL-package and they're dated on 02/24/2006 - two days before the update, thus I guess, this would mean, that the described update is not included in the FULL DL packages.

So what about it? I compared cont2map9.pll from the full 2x33Mb DL download to the single downloadable file in WinHex and their content is the same and now I'm really confused...

Was it ever an update, or an attempt to update that has gone wrong? :huh: Or just a long forgotten text on a page that noone seems to notice?

Edited by Kasgoroth

*BUMP*

No official statement on this one? Does noone of the staff know why there is an update, that cannot be done?

If I did miss something, I'd appreciate any points in the right direction :)

Ok,

First when there is an update I would update all files everywhere. So the single downloads would be updated along with the full music packs. So they all should be the same files, that's correct.

map6_cave.pll is actually map6nf_cave.pll

I typo'd in the top paragraph.

Looks like Opera doesn't recognize that the .pll is not .html for some reason :o If firefox the "save link as" option works fine.

Ok, so for opera click the save as then just make sure you put .pll as the file extension instead of .htm..you can also left click to open the page and save as from the file menu, also changing the extension.

Thanks for answering. I've checked Firefox and yes, Save Link As... works just fine, so the download issue is with Opera. Oh... and it might be interesting to notice (for pll who find this topic later), that IE 6 SP2 (6.0.2900.2180) also has problems recognizing *.pll files, on Save As... IE gives you the only option to save them as *.html files.

Changing the file extension within the download window to *.pll or using download managers are both working solutions for this issue.

:P

map6_cave.pll is actually map6nf_cave.pll

I typo'd in the top paragraph.

At least I could help a bit :happy: