Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dejan

An idea about CHARM attribute.

OK, I was thinking about charm attribute these days, and IMHO an excellent idea came to my mind. See, charm is naturally PSYCHOLOGICAL/SOCIAL attribute, and usually people with charm get some benefits from other people they "charmed"...

So CHARM attribute can have influence on (essentially we have a list of possible use-cases below):

1) NPCs - When You come to NPC for, let's say, buying some things, and your charm level is high, it is VERY LIKELY that you can get some DISCOUNT, PROPORTIONAL to your charm level.

EDIT: After BleedingSoul's PM on EL about this I have realized people can use their alt-characters and exploit this... So I would alter this suggestion little bit - discount should be proportional with CHARM AND OA levels...

2) When a person with LOWER charm level attacks a person with HIGHER charm level, it is to be expected that attacked (lower charm level) will be more "gentle", and though cause less damage, to other player (with higher charm level). This is also pretty natural thing - Imagine that you have to fight Angelina Jolie just because she is in *CO* guild - You'll naturally be more gentle with her! :D

3) "Charmers" (wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charmer ) also could have some healing properties. So i think it would be really cool if charmers can simply HEAL persons by laying their hands on patients' bodies, as you can read on wikipedia resource above. Again, the amount of health-restoration should be proportial to charm level.

These three use-cases above are IMHO enough for charm to be a very popular attributes. For an instance I, who have a very low charm level would immediately raise charm level ASAP.

To be honest, charm attribute related to summoning was totally stupid idea. (No offence to original authors).

Kind regards

Dejan

Edited by Dejan

I kind of like it affecting pk a little bit, but thats it. im fine with it just affecting summoning right now.

RE: Charmers being able to heal people.... What a brilliant idea. The immediate area around a player [9sq?] could create a temporary 'healing zone' where players get healed faster, proportional to the persons charm level. Could be useful in Pk, Harvesting, At Storages.

We are yet to have a socially beneficial skill like this. An attreibute like this would surely boost teamwork and inter-player dependance.

We are yet to have a socially beneficial skill like this. An attreibute like this would surely boost teamwork and inter-player dependance.

Bring in a perform skill I say so we can have bards. :huh:

RE: Charmers being able to heal people.... What a brilliant idea. The immediate area around a player [9sq?] could create a temporary 'healing zone' where players get healed faster, proportional to the persons charm level. Could be useful in Pk, Harvesting, At Storages.

I think the way you described it was better, and as that I am thinking it as a great idea :huh:

love the 3rd segestion about the healing but maby only make it affect friendly players and will it affect you my thorght on this is no it affects the peaple around you not you it makes it less sulfish (spellt wrong) and more cmunity bassed.

Ervak

Well I don't think that its a good idea for the group healing thing, I mean then nobody will ever worry to bring HE when they harvest now, because at most harvesting area's theres masses of people who they can get healed from for free.

I was thinking about that problem:

It could be linked to a New low level Spell (low level due to the nature of the spell) I cant think of a name rigth now, but it would basically do what i described in my earlier post. Instead of Magic Level affecting its healing power, charm would dictate the heal rate.

The spell could last quite a while, 10 minutes?

"Its a low level spell! People will jsut create new accounts and camp out at spawns and mines with millions of characters!"

Well, no, that wouldnt do any good because the healing bonus isnt cumulative, and would have such a low bonus for low Charm, only getting useful when chrm reaches a respectable level.

I think teh charm attribute could be an interesting way to develop the magic skill. I think there were some discussions on how the magic skill should be developed in the suggestions forum bringing up the idea that some sort of new attribute could effect its power; meaning of couse we could have true mages!

1) NPCs - When You come to NPC for, let's say, buying some things, and your charm level is high, it is VERY LIKELY that you can get some DISCOUNT, PROPORTIONAL to your charm level.

EDIT: After BleedingSoul's PM on EL about this I have realized people can use their alt-characters and exploit this... So I would alter this suggestion little bit - discount should be proportional with CHARM AND OA levels...

Well, it would work nicely for all kind of RPGs except when there is many people playing. Usually the players use one character to buy the stuff and then resell for the same price. Result would be: an actual reduction in all npc sale prices, and an increase of the buying prices. A ruined economy...

2) When a person with LOWER charm level attacks a person with HIGHER charm level, it is to be expected that attacked (lower charm level) will be more "gentle", and though cause less damage, to other player (with higher charm level). This is also pretty natural thing - Imagine that you have to fight Angelina Jolie just because she is in *CO* guild - You'll naturally be more gentle with her! :(

In the heat of the battle, people don't care if the person they are slayering are cute or not. If they did, the USA would send models to Iraq instead of trained soldiers. :omg::P
3) "Charmers" (wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charmer ) also could have some healing properties. So i think it would be really cool if charmers can simply HEAL persons by laying their hands on patients' bodies, as you can read on wikipedia resource above. Again, the amount of health-restoration should be proportial to charm level.
In this game there is a cost associated with healing, which is hes and srs. And i think its fine the way it is, no need to further adjustments where people can get healed for free
To be honest, charm attribute related to summoning was totally stupid idea. (No offence to original authors).
Nah, its actually good stuff, a kind of leadership thingie, where monsters feel more inspired to fight for you (therefore the bonus in strenght) and more monsters want to fight for you (the increase in the summoned monsters.

Well, that was my humble oppinions, yours may vary, of course. :(

Edited by Lorck