Sign in to follow this  
foncEmerlin

AXES

Axes in general are cool looking but as of now not very useful

I will use tit axe and it stats for an example and to base my sugestion

Tit axe stats

Damage is 10-35, -1 Defense, Critical to

damage is +8

this kinda makes it a just for show item so to make it useful let us break it down

Axes are heavy killing devices = very destructive when you can hit with them but they are so hard to control and aim

so heres my idea to make em more useful make em more real

Damage is 30 - 40 -2 defense -3 accuaracy critical to damage +10

I think this would be more realistic with the defense and accuaracy penelties

I also think a two handed battle axe or axes would be cool with stats similar to this

Damage is 30-50 -4 defense -5 accuaracy critical to damage +14

with the defense and accuaracy penelties it would still be an elitest weapon but more accurate representation and again it would be useful if you built your chars stats to make the most of it

I hope this idea can get people to thinking of the axes again I love them and hey think about this

Bronze Battle axe

02_01.jpg

Silver or titanium serpent axe

alien20axe.jpg

Goblin axes made of tin and iron

axes.jpg

Tin training set

axe4.jpg

Imagine this as your char ;)

great_axe.jpg

gold battle gear looks good doesn't it

DeathAdder.jpg

and maybe even for reaping an teh kf lol

lgpp0459.jpg

Lol, the second to bottom pic looks like Molly Hatchet ;)

I think It's a good idea, have a horrible accuracy on them, but a ton of damage, mayb a little recoil to, so that for every time you have a succesful hit, you loose 1 hp, and it should be a slower weapon as well, like you hit once for every 2 hits your opponent has.

More real ok, but more useful? Especially the two-handed bronze battle axe... With an accuracy penalty of -5 it'll become very hard to hit your opponent (not even considering you're wearing the matching bronze armor :D)

And 1 attack for every 2 sword attacks? Ok so we get axes to be slower and less accurate, with a bit extra damage. Maybe top players can use it with massive coord, but think of players with rather low magic level. I myself haven't got the "perfect" restore. When I die in combat, it's usually because I fail my restore spell. With less accuracy and slower attack speed, I'll have plenty of time to cast again. And yesterday I survived an orc slayer, dealing big damage on poor me ^^

So imo, the damage bonus (and critical) is better, but the penalties make them suck harder than they did before.

Short: Makes them more realistic indeed, but what's the point of having realistic things if they aren't used? :P

-- Cyp

ok so a bit more attack then 35-60 and add the second post's penelty also I like that and yes I would use axes even more than I do now not all of us pk and against the other enemies in the game I really find them usefull as is. But would love to see em with a use again and even if they have massive damage the accuaracy and other penelties should balance it.

I did state an elitest weapon right not for everyone, and can ya imagine someone who builds their char pk or otherwise around the use of axes WOW the horror of it all :P

ok so a bit more attack then 35-60 and add the second post's penelty also I like that and yes I would use axes even more than I do now not all of us pk and against the other enemies in the game I really find them usefull as is. But would love to see em with a use again and even if they have massive damage the accuaracy and other penelties should balance it.

I did state an elitest weapon right not for everyone, and can ya imagine someone who builds their char pk or otherwise around the use of axes WOW the horror of it all :icon13:

I wonder with fairly low p/c whether the penalties on these axes would make them viable as a traning aid. with such horrible accuracy, I can imagine that it would take a LONG time to hit an ogre enough times to kill it....

I did state an elitest weapon right not for everyone, and can ya imagine someone who builds their char pk or otherwise around the use of axes WOW the horror of it all :icon13:

I wonder with fairly low p/c whether the penalties on these axes would make them viable as a traning aid. with such horrible accuracy, I can imagine that it would take a LONG time to hit an ogre enough times to kill it....

He is suggesting 30-50 damage... that is a terrible training aid, even if you almost never hit it you will still kill in 2-3 hits, so almost no att exp. Pickaxes work much better for that. Also, did you look at the def penalties? Def penalties are very undesirable while doing PvM, I take more damage per troll/ogre with a iron battle hammer than with fists, even though the fight is half as long.

--Duck2

The training set would not be like the others hence the seperation

lol I did post it was tin right

anyway the tin set would be much like bones for training purposes for mainly showy training and another use for tin

the only stats I threw around was for the tit and battle axe if I do recall the post

I will use tit axe and it stats for an example and to base my sugestion

Tit axe stats

Damage is 10-35, -1 Defense, Critical to

damage is +8

this kinda makes it a just for show item so to make it useful let us break it down

Axes are heavy killing devices = very destructive when you can hit with them but they are so hard to control and aim

Damage is 30 - 40 -2 defense -3 accuaracy critical to damage +10

I think this would be more realistic with the defense and accuaracy penelties

I also think a two handed battle axe or axes would be cool with stats similar to this

Damage is 30-50 -4 defense -5 accuaracy critical to damage +14

with the defense and accuaracy penelties it would still be an elitest weapon but more accurate representation and again it would be useful if you built your chars stats to make the most of it

anyway just searching for more suggestions for the axes is the main reason for the post

so if ya like my ideas cool if not come up with some and post em

I love axes and think they are one of the best parts of the game btw got some for sale let me know I may be in a buying mood :icon13:

Axes are used for choping wood. So you can make wood handles from woodblocks to create more axes. ;):w00t:

maybe with these really big axes it would be cool that you're able, when fighting, to hit opponents all around you

then you'd have little chance to hit, but more people to hit.

maybe with these really big axes it would be cool that you're able, when fighting, to hit opponents all around you

then you'd have little chance to hit, but more people to hit.

i like the sound of this, walking through kf and a gang of thugs think they can take you by outnumbering you so you pull out a giant scary axe and swing at everyone (rarely hitting of course) but still being able to get anyone in contact with you

I think It's a good idea, have a horrible accuracy on them, but a ton of damage, mayb a little recoil to, so that for every time you have a succesful hit, you loose 1 hp, and it should be a slower weapon as well, like you hit once for every 2 hits your opponent has.

Two problems

1: 1 Damage is nothing, not even worth considering really

2: Axes DO NOT recoil in combat, if you hit a block of concrete as hard as you can, then expect to get the axe back in your face, for a lot more than the equivalent 1 damage, but hit something like meat (ogre, deer, tiger, etc..) then it will never recoil. Hitting shields might recoil, but since shields in EL can't block, they just add to def rating that is hard to simulate. Hitting plate armor would not recoil either, it would cause massive shock damage to the target though.

My least favorite part of fantasy games... the area melee attack. A completely silly idea involving chopping through targets and hitting another on the other side. If the human body was that easy to tear through your pitiful species would be extinct. Axes are single target only weapons, the most common strike with them is an overhead or slightly off centered attack, not swinging like a baseball bat with the intent of killing 15 men per stroke. This maneuver, although common in Hollywood movies/martial arts fantasy games/comic books, is a fast way to commit suicide in combat, it leaves you wide open in battle. If you want to add it (still very anti-realistically), make it a strong, limited target strike (2-3 max), and the next two attacks on you are critical to damage. (from each attacker maybe)

--Duck2

lol not all hollywood movies are crap, 'our' human body is well able to slice 2 or more people in one swing, with alot of dexterity. and that's why axes don't have alot of dexterity