Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
techdawg

Looks like I'm here again

Greetings,

I have four sons, three of which have been active (on & off) for a number of years now. It would seem they've done something wrong again, and I'm here requesting information about what, in hopes I can understand it. If it is a valid demonstration of rule-breaking, I will support the ban, and inform them of their loss.

My sons characters (The Ones I can remember) are EliahSwift, _Toxic_, Evangelian, possibly Piro, Shadowcaster.. I know these are names they've used in the past anyway.

Recently, (two days past in fact) my son (EliahSwift) had a friend over, from the neighborhood, who signed up for an account on EL and was playing from here. We have a LAN with 4 PC's, and regularly will have my kids, plus several others, in and out and online together.

If the offense is related to this new sign up, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the player, in that it is not one of my own kids.

If the offense(s) were not related to that, I will await an explanation.

Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to respond.

TechDawg

Yep here you are again.

Here we go:

Locked for illegal multi and char creation spam (after warnings on both issues):

_toxic_, bunnyhun, _chemical_, _wolves_, evangelian, youtube, cromer, fontose, eliahswift, wildcats, etheral_slayer, jollyman, imabadboy, james35, santa, trae, traekiller, slayer_player, bogigo, mrmime, brandonthebomb, the_devils_here, drluigi for char creation spam and illegal multi.

Other alts: alt_x, GothicVampire, nickm, even43, evan23, tinysniper, zoomies, Original. Probablythere are more, this is all only going back a month!

Etheral_slayer is none other than tiny7/buldozr7/og_buldozr who was locked before for macro and illegal multi and scamming(alone not illegal but in combination with these other crimes it is), and was on probation and allowed to come back for one more chance.

Now before you go along to say "but so-and-so is not my kid", remember you ARE responsible for your IP and the actions that take place there.

I also see that these characters were shared and again, while that is not illegal on it's own, when those said shared characters do something illegal, no matter who does it and where, all rights to that character(s) are forfeit and not only do they get locked/banned, but you lose the right to get them back.

Please read carefully rules 4 and 5 especially, here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14582

Hey,hey,hey,i got more names than that. TinySniper is now mine too.;)

Buldozr,Etheral_slayer,BuLDOZR7,tiny7,Buldozr_is_back,Tiny_is_back...I reckon thats it...i killt tiny_is_b and sold b_i_b...sold E_S... and now my only active account is TinySniper or BuLDOZR.

:(

(I posted this too eliminate any more confusion of my name(s) in this topicZ.:cry:)

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide this information. As an administrator on a forum of my own, I know how tedious and time consuming dealing with these types of issues can be, and I just wanted to pass on my appreciation for that.

Secondly, based on what you have provided, I have no argument with anything you have shown, nor do I argue with the actions taken. If you should choose to do nothing more, and allow things to remain as they currently stand, I would understand.

Having said that, I will offer the following information, if the decision should, in fact, change:

I have compiled a list, after more "He said, She Said" talk than I care to repeat, which (to the best of my knowledge) should represent the current status of accounts who have at one time played from this IP, including whether (if given a choice) the account should remain or be deleted completely.

• Characters owned by residents in this home: (Would like to keep)
    evangelian, _toxic_, _chemical_, e1iahswift, eliahswift (locked), cromer,

Characters owned by residents in this home: (Delete these)
    youtube, _wolves_, piro, bunnyhun, fontose, alt_x

Characters owned by neighborhood friends: (Would like to keep)
    traekiller, Original

Characters owned by neighborhood friends: (Delete these)
    imabadboy, james35, santa, trae, slayer_player, bogigo, mrmime, the_devils_here
    drluigi, GothicVampire, zoomies, brandonthebomb, jollyman

NOTE: The next list contains character names that have indeed either originated here, or have played in the same IP range (they used to live across the street from us) as us, but have moved out of town, which should be verifiable by IP use ratio.

• Characters owned by neighborhod friends who have moved out of town:
    Etheral_slayer, tiny7, buldozr7, og_buldozr, etheral_slayer, nickm,
    wildcats, even43, evan23

NOTE: The final list contains a Character name that was sold to another player completely.

• Characters now owned by unknown others:
    tinysniper

Once again, I appreciate the time investment handling these issues requires, and thank you for even reviewing it at all.

Should you consider changing the status of things, I can only offer the knowledge that although I cannot guarantee against the recurrence of similar infractions, I can assure you that I will make it a point to keep a constant reminder in place to my own sons that allowing friends to come in and set up new accounts is likely (with good reason) going to be viewed as new Violations and to be aware that it will very likely lead to additional BANS and Lock-outs.

Should you not consider changing the status of things, all I would ask is for confirmation of that, so that I can direct my own sons accordingly.

Thank you kindly,

TechDawg

"Etheral_slayer, tiny7, buldozr7, og_buldozr, etheral_slayer"

Now,lemme tell you a lil sumthin,bub. ALL of these are MINE. I have no idea who you are,an i would advise you to Be careful whos name you use. ALL of these are mine,I made them all. I HAVE NEVER lived close to anyone who played EL besides myself.DONT YOU DARE use my name in trying to play again. Especially BuLDOZR7. That was my first acc. btw...

Later,

BuLDOZR

Edited by ETHERAL_SLAYER

@ETHERAL_SLAYER: If my information is in error, I apologize, I'm NOT a member of the Game, rather I am a FATHER of several players. I included the character name 'Etheral_slayer, as it was Listed in Aislinn's information. As for the rest that you included, I do not claim to any ownership, I took all the information from both your post and Aislinn's post, and Asked my boys who's accounts they were (to the best of their knowledge) to try and assist in clearing up any mis-information, and to help me (myself) understand what was going on.

Etheral_slayer is none other than tiny7/buldozr7/og_buldozr who was locked before for macro and illegal multi and scamming(alone not illegal but in combination with these other crimes it is), and was on probation and allowed to come back for one more chance.

Again, it wasn't, nor isn't, my intention to claim that you live near me, nor that I (or my family) have anything to do with you. There is no need to let your feathers get ruffled here.

Please accept my apology.

TechDawg

I have waited a week, out of respect, and with the hope of avoiding a 'Double Post' (for which I now apologize), but I have not had resolution here.

To recap: I understood the reasons for the ban(s), but wanted to know whether they were reversible, and if not, only request confirmation of the finality of the ban(s).

If there is more information needed from me, I am more than willing to comply.

Thank you, in advance, for your time.

-TechDawg

4 kids, 6 names...

IF i unlock some of these, I don't EVER want to see trading (any kind) or storage logs that look like these chars were being used by somebody other than the correct owner, such as 1 brother using his other brother's accounts to spy or mule or bagsit, or ANYTHING illegal that breaks rule 5/6/7.

Also there will be NO alts allowed. If I see ANY new chars EVER showing up on this IP or anything that looks like a deliberate attempt to skirt this final warning and/or the rules, every single char gets permanently locked with no appeal and banned as well.

And all this is an IF, conditional on 4 names being picked and your agreement to everything I said AND anything I might not have said that would be implied by the spirit of the point I am getting across.

I think you have made your terms quite clear. I will speak with my boys, and post a list of the four desired names as soon as I'm satisfied that THEY understand the terms.

Thank you very much for your grace, and have a VERY pleasant rest of the weekend.

-TechDawg

EDIT: One of my sons stated that he's read somewhere in a post from the year 2004 that it was (at least at one time) possible to lock out the ability to make NEW characters. I don't know if this was based on IP, or user-name, but I mention it as a possible desirable safeguard both against future failure, AND neighborhood kids unknowingly making an account HERE, and inadvertently causing the resulting permanant lock down. If this IS still a viable feature, would it be possible to lock out the ability after the 4 names have been agreed upon?

Edited by techdawg

The only way to do that is to ban the IP or IP range if you are dynamic, and whitelist the 4 characters playing there.

Whitelisting a character means it can log on to any banned IP.

Our whitelist has a limited number of spots, and for that and a few other reasons, we do not whitelist troublemakers, we reserve the spots for players who inadvertently end up in a banned range or a banned ISP through no fault of their own.

OK, I understand. I would also like to clarify, just for my own understanding. Once re-activated, will my sons be allowed to have friends (who already have set up an account elsewhere) come to our house and play EL together? Remember, we have a LAN with 4 PC's in our home. If the answer is no, I understand, I just need to clarify so that I can be firm about what is expected of them.

Having said that, here are the four desired names

1.) evangelian

2.) _toxic_

3.) _chemical_

4.) eliahswift (and if this one is not possible, then cromer as the second choice)

Thank you again, for your considerate tolerance of my inquiry and requests. I hope that at some point in the future, my family can be considered off the 'trouble-maker' list. :medieval:

-TechDawg

I guess this would be considered a 'BUMP' as I have waited a month and a half for a reply.

To quote myself above:

OK, I understand. I would also like to clarify, just for my own understanding. Once re-activated, will my sons be allowed to have friends (who already have set up an account elsewhere) come to our house and play EL together? Remember, we have a LAN with 4 PC's in our home. If the answer is no, I understand, I just need to clarify so that I can be firm about what is expected of them.

Having said that, here are the four desired names

1.) evangelian

2.) _toxic_

3.) _chemical_

4.) eliahswift (and if this one is not possible, then cromer as the second choice)

Thank you again, for your considerate tolerance of my inquiry and requests. I hope that at some point in the future, my family can be considered off the 'trouble-maker' list. :omg:

-TechDawg

Cromer, _toxic_, _chemical_, and evangelian have been unlocked. And to quote myself again as well:

IF i unlock some of these, I don't EVER want to see trading (any kind) or storage logs that look like these chars were being used by somebody other than the correct owner, such as 1 brother using his other brother's accounts to spy or mule or bagsit, or ANYTHING illegal that breaks rule 5/6/7.(now just rule 5).

Also there will be NO alts allowed. If I see ANY new chars EVER showing up on this IP or anything that looks like a deliberate attempt to skirt this final warning and/or the rules, every single char gets permanently locked with no appeal and banned as well.

I think we will stick to these 4 characters only, having friends over for lan parties seems to be what got everybody in trouble in the first place.