Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
idefix

why'd i get banned?

im aware of me doing some illegal multi clienting some time ago, and by the warning that i was given, i stopped it... now i was banned though... and i cant see anything illegal that i've done after the warning i have got, just went to the game to check the game rules once more, and i just see the "giving out password to some1 else", so thats the reason i got banned? for sharing my account?

thanks

-idefix

p.s./edit: if i start a new char, will it be locked too / will i be ip banned then? since :

24. No Skirting Punishments.

Seeking loopholes or attempting to get around any punishment can result in permanent bans from both the Eternal Lands game and forums. This includes but is not limited to using or creating additional accounts to get around bans and locks, as well as minor punishments.

so if i create new char, will I be break this rule?

Edited by idefix

im aware of me doing some illegal multi clienting some time ago, and by the warning that i was given, i stopped it... now i was banned though... and i cant see anything illegal that i've done after the warning i have got, just went to the game to check the game rules once more, and i just see the "giving out password to some1 else", so thats the reason i got banned? for sharing my account?

thanks

-idefix

p.s./edit: if i start a new char, will it be locked too / will i be ip banned then? since :

Seeking loopholes or attempting to get around any punishment can result in permanent bans from both the Eternal Lands game and forums. This includes but is not limited to using or creating additional accounts to get around bans and locks, as well as minor punishments.

Using shared characters to help either character though is NOT legal, that becomes illegal multi, and both/all characters/players involved then are then subject to punishment. Since you had just recently gotten into trouble for illegal multi, you should have known better!

thanks

-idefix

Using shared characters to help your own character though is NOT legal, that becomes illegal multi, and both/all characters/players involved then are then subject to punishment. Since you had just recently gotten into trouble for illegal multi, you should have known better!

may i still bother to ask, how did i help my own character by sharing with veiks? since i dont recall doing anything, which would've helped my char, which i gained by sharing with him. and since you prolly know, we are 2 different people, me and veiks (not multi accounting, just sharing).. and i dont think we did same ip trading either, since the only time i was logged in as both chars was when i was helping dushan to make some stones (bag sitting on idefix) and same time exping on fluffs on veiks... and i dont think that it was much of helping myself there, i didnt get payed for anything of that ofcourse... so it was helping others, not myself... is that illegal too? or was there something i did to help myself too? or does this breaks the rule, "dont give your password", since i thought that was only to prevent people from getting scammed so u dont have to listen to ppl whine to u about it, that i understand... never knew sharing would've been illegal... please tell me what i / we did wrong.

also, will i be banned for starting new char?

thanks again.

-idefix

The "don't give out your password" is a warning for shared character also, that if another person using your character breaks the rules, your character can & will be punished. So, claiming innonce of 'but I wasn't playing my charcter' can't be used to get a character unlocked. We dont lock/ban characters because they are shared (but I'd love to considering the headaches mods have because of them), but doing anything between them can become illegal multi, even something as wimple as a single bag trade.I've always told people if they have more then one character, it's best to keep them on seperate maps and pretend they don't know or like each other. That reduces the chance they will get themselves into trouble.

thanks

-idefix

Using shared characters to help your own character though is NOT legal, that becomes illegal multi, and both/all characters/players involved then are then subject to punishment. Since you had just recently gotten into trouble for illegal multi, you should have known better!

may i still bother to ask, how did i help my own character by sharing with veiks? since i dont recall doing anything, which would've helped my char, which i gained by sharing with him. and since you prolly know, we are 2 different people, me and veiks (not multi accounting, just sharing).. and i dont think we did same ip trading either, since the only time i was logged in as both chars was when i was helping dushan to make some stones (bag sitting on idefix) and same time exping on fluffs on veiks... and i dont think that it was much of helping myself there, i didnt get payed for anything of that ofcourse... so it was helping others, not myself... is that illegal too? or was there something i did to help myself too? or does this breaks the rule, "dont give your password", since i thought that was only to prevent people from getting scammed so u dont have to listen to ppl whine to u about it, that i understand... never knew sharing would've been illegal... please tell me what i / we did wrong.

also, will i be banned for starting new char?

thanks again.

-idefix

Ye im damn cheater...OK dudes if u really think so...i can delete my char again...why the hell u tought i came back into this game after long brake...to cheat?? And yes idefix knew my pass..but that aint illegal...i know many ppl who know each other passwords...and do nothing illegal..ban them also all of them!!?

If i see all of this i have no reason to play again...when MODs old "friends" as i tought they are crew u up for doing nothing?? ah ok i dont whine anymore...But im sad..

Btw forgot to say..guys if u so smart check our ip's ....One of us live at Finland...and I live at Estonia...those are different countrys...SAD if we have nab mods..sorry learner i liked u..

Edited by veiks101

Ye im damn cheater...OK dudes if u really think so...i can delete my char again...why the hell u tought i came back into this game after long brake...to cheat?? And yes idefix knew my pass..but that aint illegal...i know many ppl who know each other passwords...and do nothing illegal..ban them also all of them!!?

If i see all of this i have no reason to play again...when MODs old "friends" as i tought they are crew u up for doing nothing?? ah ok i dont whine anymore...But im sad..

Nobody ever said you were a cheater.

so im the cheater here?

PLEASE 3rd time i wanna ask u what did we do wrong? i cant come up with ANYTHING whatsoever what wouldve been against the rules. please tell us. we did nothing illegal, so why ban?

But if im locked....its seems like im a cheater or what???

Ok look:

Idefix, you should know better. You are trying to push the envelope using the letter of the law, totally ignoring the spirit of the rules.

You are taking somebody else's character that they also semi-regularly use (which really muddies the waters, conveniently for you), and are using it to help yourself. You and veiks are using veiks as a community pot to put both your stuff in and then turn around and use it for yourself claiming "veiks was on the character though when he did _________ or gave me _________" (fill in the blanks). I also see a CoL bouncing around between the two chars like crazy yesterday...

You already are on final warning for major illegal multi issues in the past; on probation, in simple terms. This really doesn't show us you learned anything from that, other than how to read and reread the rules and try to find a loophole. Please take a peek at the spirit of the rules clause. It was made to cover people like you.

Ok look:

Idefix, you should know better. You are trying to push the envelope using the letter of the law, totally ignoring the spirit of the rules.

You are taking somebody else's character that they also semi-regularly use (which really muddies the waters, conveniently for you), and are using it to help yourself. You and veiks are using veiks as a community pot to put both your stuff in and then turn around and use it for yourself claiming "veiks was on the character though when he did _________ or gave me _________" (fill in the blanks). I also see a CoL bouncing around between the two chars like crazy yesterday...

You already are on final warning for major illegal multi issues in the past; on probation, in simple terms. This really doesn't show us you learned anything from that, other than how to read and reread the rules and try to find a loophole. Please take a peek at the spirit of the rules clause. It was made to cover people like you.

i dont know whats wrong with your logs tbh. first soldus told me that i was logged on BOTH chars same time? hahahahhaha gotta laugh at that... and hell no, we didnt do any col trades between each other... guess theres some virus in ur log base...

and for the, me using veiks's char to help myself, i dont see anything that i have done that would really do any help for me (idefix's char). as said previously, the only time i seriously have logged in on both chars same time was when i was exping on veiks's char at fluffies in carmen manor, and same time helping dushan with stones in PV cave.... so they were even on 2 different continents. also i dont think i did any helping of myself then, or anywhere else, but if u see from logs something i did with veiks that would help idefix, please tell me. also, "put both your stuff --"... what is the "stuff" that we put on veiks? all i remember giving veiks was some silver ore... nearly 10k though... to help him finnish his life essences, might've been some other stuff too but hardly anything which is worth something...

if you still believe that i was logged in on both chars same time, you can check the logs once more please... dont remember which day that was but anyways 13:21 gmt +2 time, veiks101 logged off... right after all the mining and muling stuff... so u can see that it was logged off at 13:21 from estonian ip... not from finnish.

also, quoting soldus:

[23:28:41] [PM from Soldus: next time follow the rules]

i still have 1 more, last chance with this game? i'd really appreciate it, i dont need idefix unlocked, just one more chance, please, and i promise i wont break anymore rules, and if i do, u can ip ban me for ever...

btw, thanks for clarifying the mistake that we performed.

-idefix

Aislinn really...what u talk about...COL?? there were no col omg...yes silver ore once he gave...and that was less than 10k;) idefix...ur bad memory:P

Anyway as far as i see...we were 2 different persons...just freind helping friend...we were not there to brake any rules...we had no idea helping friend is illegal...since u dont make any ip trades or bag trades or whatever...we just mined some iron side by side...me at estonia and he from finnland what is so big problem in it...If i get my char back ill change pass so idefix will not know it...if u guys happy then:/

One last time...I dont think im a cheater or what u guys call me...Even didnt knew its against laws...So im sorry that i liked idefix so much to gime him some *numbers* to log on veiks...

But it was worth it...cause he's a good guy and didnt anything wrong also...

Hope ill be unlocked to play again FAIR

Just because you didn't use the trade icon doesn't make it legal. :cry:

No virus in our log base, but do not delude yourself into thinking we can't tell what's going on because you didn't use the official trade method, and used a roundabout method. Do you really think you are the first to try to circumvent the rules and that we are so incredibly blind and foolish to not be able to see it?

Just because you didn't use the trade icon doesn't make it legal. :cry:

No virus in our log base, but do not delude yourself into thinking we can't tell what's going on because you didn't use the official trade method, and used a roundabout method. Do you really think you are the first to try to circumvent the rules and that we are so incredibly blind and foolish to not be able to see it?

im not gonna start to argue about if we did trade col or anything else since its impossible for me to convince you that we didnt trade cols nor other stuff... since why would've we traded col's since we both had one on all the time since we put ours in storage when we started muling the iron to the storage...? also i dont recall dropping my col into a bag either or any other way we could've traded the cols, right now im just wondering why we wouldve traded cols between the 2 chars, and i cant come up with any ideas.

and you still claiming that it was me who played on both chars simultaneously at that time, btw?

but as soldus said "next time follow the rules" im still allowed to play, correct?

-idefix

but as soldus said "next time follow the rules" im still allowed to play, correct?

Actually we're still debating that since this already was your probation. So no, not correct atm.

Actually we're still debating that since this already was your probation. So no, not correct atm.

tell me when your debate is over... wonder who's on my side in this matter :cry: since its a debate, there must be some1 who thinks i deserve a chance, and thanks to that fella ^^

also, please put your "unwritten rules" in the rulebook, i dont see it very fair that people get banned/locked for reasons which arent written there but you tell us we should know better. these rules im talkin about include, but arent limited to, sharing accounts, and helping your friends... just for the future so more people wont be banned for these reasons.

thanks

-idefix

There are no unwritten rules, I see nowhere that it says IN the rules that are written that both players have to be on at the same time for it to be illegal multi.

And helping your friends is one thing, but that doesn't mean that's all you were doing either :cry: Helping your friends does not by definition mean you didn't help yourself too.

The rule says "Don't cheat". All things listed in black and white are examples, but again: The spirit of the rules covers whatever we didn't happen to include. We can't possibly list every possible way of cheating.

Breaking these rules or the spirit of the rules (not just the letter of the law) is punishable. Usually there will be given a warning first. This does not apply for repeat offenders or severe offenses that require immediate action. If this warning does not work and the infraction continues, players can be muted, kicked, booted, exp lose, even banned (in no specific order) depending on the crime, the severity of the crime and the judgment of any of the moderators. The higher the level a mod is that has to deal with you, the higher your punishment can be.

There are no unwritten rules, I see nowhere that it says IN the rules that are written that both players have to be on at the same time for it to be illegal multi.

And helping your friends is one thing, but that doesn't mean that's all you were doing either :cry: Helping your friends does not by definition mean you didn't help yourself too.

The rule says "Don't cheat". All things listed in black and white are examples, but again: The spirit of the rules covers whatever we didn't happen to include. We can't possibly list every possible way of cheating.

Breaking these rules or the spirit of the rules (not just the letter of the law) is punishable. Usually there will be given a warning first. This does not apply for repeat offenders or severe offenses that require immediate action. If this warning does not work and the infraction continues, players can be muted, kicked, booted, exp lose, even banned (in no specific order) depending on the crime, the severity of the crime and the judgment of any of the moderators. The higher the level a mod is that has to deal with you, the higher your punishment can be.

still i dont see the thing what i gained myself for helping veiks to exp, mine, make essences. but the hard part here is that you guys change the story of what i'm being accused of constantly. every day it changes a bit and its kinda impossible to defend myself when u make up something new all the time : /

first the reason was that i was playing on veiks AND idefix same time while doing the iron mining + storage runs. then, you claimed there were multiple reasons: trading cols between the 2 characters and that sort of stuff... and now you say that it was because of some illegal multi action which happened via some actions where i wasnt logged in same time on both accounts.

the funny part here is that i didnt do any of that, but of course your logs are always correct, and its kinda impossible to make arguments here against them since i dont even know if thats whats really in the logs or not.

so if you would give me an explanation of what i gained myself here? i know this is about the morning we did the iron mining, but i still see nothing illegal there. if i would've been logged in on both accounts same time, i would see that it was illegal. but now that you say that "I see nowhere that it says IN the rules that are written that both players have to be on at the same time for it to be illegal multi." so it wasnt about the iron mining, or was it? if it was, all i can say is that since i wasnt logged in on both chars, i dont see anything either of us gained for doing it together... veiks mined more than i did, veiks muled more than i did, veiks got more iron than i did. i mined less, i muled less, i got less iron ore... i dont see what either of us gained from that. we couldve just aswell mined it in our own bags if we wudve known that it was against some rules, which ARE unwritten in the end since there is no rule that has anything to do with this kind of situation. you can call it "finding loopholes" or whatever, but seriously, neither of us gained anything by doing the iron mining together, compared to what it wouldve happened if we wouldve done it separately. the EL community is so honest and mostly mature that they dont steal peoples iron from a bag when they're muling it to their storages, so the bagsitting wasnt all that big help either...

-idefix

just had a talk with veiks and only thing we came up about the col trades is this:

first veiks was playing on idefix, and got killed by a panda bear, dropped col, he went back to get it... then i went on idefix after that, i died too, dont remember if i lost col too, lost some other stuff atleast and went back and got the bag again... no trading happening there but in the logs it might look a bit suspicious when you see me and veiks logging on each others chars once in a while and then you see veiks's ip drop it in a bag when he died, and then u mightve missed the other things happening and u end up seeing my ip pick it up, still on idefix though? cant come up with anything else than that...