Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trojan_Knight

Rosto's have Bug?

Guest Trojan_Knight

Over the past couple weeks. I have done a little more fighting. In the past couple of weeks I have been killed and have killed people. However out of the people I killed. Three of them stated vigerously that they had rostogol stone on them. (this all in past week or so at most). At first I thought maybe its something to do w/ my Axe of Freezing. But when spoke with a moderator. Told me to come here. So am doing so. And give information regarding this. So here I am.

Three people at this time I'm not going to name. But each dropped items when having a rostogol stone in they're inventory. I find this strange being a normal playing day. As where all of the three times this occured. I have used my Axe of Freezing. So unsure if its my axe, or if its the rostogol stones at this time. Maybe someone will know more about this then me. Just thought to give a report on this based on what has occured with me. So that even though the items that were dropped. Were either rings, or potions, minor things mostly. I figured it was worth more then reporting.

Regards

Trojan Knight

Thank you for posting, Trojan_Knight.

Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon?

Has anybody else experienced this in the past week or so?

Thank you for posting, Trojan_Knight.

Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon?

Has anybody else experienced this in the past week or so?

Sounds like the double death might be back in a different form. There was one case previously where a special item killed you, and then the blw from the weapon killed you a second time, leaving a DB in the underworld.

Also, it would help if you can take those 3 people on the test server and learn how to reproduce that bug. If you do, I will give you a prize.

Guest Trojan_Knight

Also, it would help if you can take those 3 people on the test server and learn how to reproduce that bug. If you do, I will give you a prize.

No prize will be needed if I can help you guys/gals fix this. I'll try to see what I can do on test server. But I can only get 1 of the 3 to volunteer. The other two, well, idk, to each they're own. And I'll leave that as that.

As for the comment in the above about double death. Similar yes, but no db in underworld. Rather when foe arrives in underwould. They still have rosto'. Although like stated in my above post. The minor things that were dropped. Were dropped where they died. (at my feet so to speak). I'll advise if I find something. And I'll try to get those people included to post on here. :laugh:

Regards,

Trojan_Knight

i can help make that bug! i want prize <3

Ok, then PM me and describe, step by step, how to reproduce it. If I can reproduce it following your method, I will give you a prize you will like. However, I can't test it before Tuesday.

Over the past couple weeks. I have done a little more fighting. In the past couple of weeks I have been killed and have killed people. However out of the people I killed. Three of them stated vigerously that they had rostogol stone on them. (this all in past week or so at most). At first I thought maybe its something to do w/ my Axe of Freezing. But when spoke with a moderator. Told me to come here. So am doing so. And give information regarding this. So here I am.

Three people at this time I'm not going to name. But each dropped items when having a rostogol stone in they're inventory. I find this strange being a normal playing day. As where all of the three times this occured. I have used my Axe of Freezing. So unsure if its my axe, or if its the rostogol stones at this time. Maybe someone will know more about this then me. Just thought to give a report on this based on what has occured with me. So that even though the items that were dropped. Were either rings, or potions, minor things mostly. I figured it was worth more then reporting.

Regards

Trojan Knight

its not a rosto/axe bug

my brother died coz of that crap : when he clicked on EMP it went on ground, so as for the diss/TELE rings you got in the bags i suppose ;D

edit : ups, didn't see he already posted...

Edited by Michic0_oL

Regards

Trojan Knight

as my brother said, it isn't a rosto bug, its just that when u want to use the "use" click, u click on item and instead of using it, it drops it on the floor, happened to me, i wanted to use coord/eva/acu pot , all went on the floor, and i died ...

but i really dont know how that bug happened

...as my brother said, it isn't a rosto bug, its just that when u want to use the "use" click, u click on item and instead of using it, it drops it on the floor, happened to me, i wanted to use coord/eva/acu pot , all went on the floor, and i died ...

Clicking on stuff can use/move it. Control-Click will DROP it.

Sometimes, especially with people who use keyboard shortcuts a lot (control-number, alt-number) they can accidentally do a control-click instead of a plain click and the item drops.

I'm not suggesting that's what you did, but it's a possibility.

...as my brother said, it isn't a rosto bug, its just that when u want to use the "use" click, u click on item and instead of using it, it drops it on the floor, happened to me, i wanted to use coord/eva/acu pot , all went on the floor, and i died ...

Clicking on stuff can use/move it. Control-Click will DROP it.

Sometimes, especially with people who use keyboard shortcuts a lot (control-number, alt-number) they can accidentally do a control-click instead of a plain click and the item drops.

I'm not suggesting that's what you did, but it's a possibility.

i never use short cuts coz doesn't work with my comp/keyboard ^^

Bkc56: I think you hit the nail on the head. After all, from the original post:

Were either rings, or potions, minor things mostly.

I.e., things that one would click "use" on. :)

Guest Trojan_Knight

Hmm.. I guess that is a good possiblity. Although am unsure if that is what has occured. Recently I've not had a opportunity to get on test server and check / test stuff out. Due to 70hrs + / week work weeks. Or just scheduling between myself and others is off by a half day or something. But if I find something, I'll post it here. But if anyone else can find it before I do, please post something in regards to figured it out. So that at that time I can stop searching for bug. :)

Regards

Trojan Knight

:)

Are you saying that your Alt and Ctrl keys don't work? All we're talking about here is click vs alt-click vs ctrl-click.

Edited by bkc56

:P

Are you saying that your Alt and Ctrl keys don't work? All we're talking about here is click vs alt-click vs ctrl-click.

my alt and ctrl keys work, but short cuts doesn't work somehow... was same with F2... never worked for 1 year+ then suddently, it worked lol ^^