Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Moneybookers

In our quest to become evil and IRL rich, we try various methods to suck the money out of you. As you know, for the time being we only use PayPal as a payment source (in addition to personal checks, money orders and cash through mail), and PayPal is not available in all the countries.

However, http://www.moneybookers.com is available in pretty much any country, and it seems they have smaller fees than PayPal. They also seems to be more strict than PayPal in terms of verifying your identity, which translates in fewer chargebacks for us. They do not allow chargebacks, so if you want to screw us (buy stuff then do a chargeback), you are out of luck. Same goes for stealing your mom's CC, it might be harder to do that than with PayPal, which protects us (and your mom ;) ).

Now, the question is, would you be interested in us setting up an account with them? PayPal would still be used, Moneybookers would be just for those that don't like PayPal or can't get a PayPal account due to geographic reasons. We have a lot of people from countries from Eastern Europe, for example, and if we do this, then we can suck your hard earned money from you too, and go on in our quest to take over the world!

i think this is a very good idea to not be prejudus to those with paypal, sucking money out of those who refuse to get paypal for the sake of getting money sucked out of them is very good idea

I'd say go for it. I never liked or would sign up for paypal. Better verification & no charge backs? Pffft...I might even sign up for an account with this moneybookers. ;)

Speakign of it, anyone has an account with them? Any problmes?

It seems that they are pretty legit, but reading soem reviews, there are mixed oppinions. Some say they use it for years without problems, others complain about their strict verification procedures.

Do you know better alternatives?

In our quest to become evil and IRL rich, we try various methods to suck the money out of you.

Rofl, what a way to start my day, thanks for a good laugh. ;)

I guess you could use it if its available on more places. Allows more people to buy things from ya.

-Blee

Edited by BleedingSoul

Anything that helps spread the ability to buy all the cool things available is a great idea.

If its better than paypal id use it in preference.

To Help in that quest why not invest in one of these you can draw all of our loose change directly from our houses and pockets :) every penny counts after all :D

www.popularmechanics.com/science/extreme_machines/1280796.html

Im sure you can work on a mobile version to send round to players houses :P

Speakign of it, anyone has an account with them? Any problmes?

It seems that they are pretty legit, but reading soem reviews, there are mixed oppinions. Some say they use it for years without problems, others complain about their strict verification procedures.

Do you know better alternatives?

I used to use them for my online auctions. Not many International buyers chose to use that as a payment option, but a few did. I didn't find it hard to sign up for an account. It's been a couple years since I have used them, but I'd say give it a try. More payment options does bring in more buyers, at least in the auction venue.