Eternal Lands Official Forums
hades

NMT should be brekable like any other item

If no NMT capes are taken off the market and new ones come (even if slower) the market will saturates eventually.

That's true, but personally I'm still waiting for someone/anyone to specify what "to many NMTs" is, and to explain why that's a bad thing.

400 NMT capes (didn't Entropy say something like 351??) in the game is really nothing compared to the total number of players. But let's say it was 4,000 or even 40,000. Other than a large amount of money moving from the buyers to the sellers (those who get them as drops), what's the harm?

One idea may be to have some really rare items in game.

And not every newbie is running around and serping rabbits in full ti plate with CoL and NMT cape :icon13:

Piper

One idea may be to have some really rare items in game.

And not every newbie is running around and serping rabbits in full ti plate with CoL and NMT cape :icon13:

Piper

and the only way to make items rare is to decrease the drop rate by a hell of a lot, maybe even to the point that NMT is dropped the same percentage as Warlocks. Because what ever happens make them breakable etc unless the drop rate is reduced then they will be available on market, so new players will harv lupines for cash and buy said item as has happened with ti plate.

Edited by conavar

The harm is very simple. Once every/majority of training (monsters/PvP) or PKing people has the NMT cape, which last forever the market on high-end items collapses (as it is not really poor even now).

Reducing the rate of dropping NMT cape won't change the thing.

Either way, I'm done with this thread. Got boring. People that have NMT doesn't want it breakable, since it would cost them more. Fair. Shame they do not even try to see how such a powerful item may influence whole game.

Either way, I'm done with this thread. Got boring. People that have NMT doesn't want it breakable, since it would cost them more. Fair. Shame they do not even try to see how such a powerful item may influence whole game.

Indeed, NMT cape influences the whole game.

Also, i think some people fail to understand that people usually only uses armor like tit plate and steel plate with nmt. And they also only train in high level monsters with good armor, so since they can't use because there is no nmt, they simply don't train at the high level monsters.

So the high level items like MOL, COL, all good armor etc, get saturated on market in a simlar way because people don't use and production of those items don't stop.

Interesting how people prefer a good market price for NMT and don't care about the market price for the other items (which are only usable if there are a NMT to protect them) and monster fun for high level people.

Anyways, there is some solutions to the market problem of nmt, like introducing npcs which buy it from a decent price, minimum level to wear it, or it being used in some quests (of course, the quest should be rewarding). F***ing it up, along with the market for the high level items, along with the possibility of high level monsters killing is not a good solution, at least in my humble oppinion. Your oppinion may differ, of course.

Edited by Lorck

Indeed, NMT cape influences the whole game.

Also, i think some people fail to understand that people usually only uses armor like tit plate and steel plate with nmt. And they also only train in high level monsters with good armor, so since they can't use because there is no nmt, they simply don't train at the high level monsters.

So the high level items like MOL, COL, all good armor etc, get saturated on market in a simlar way because people don't use and production of those items don't stop.

Interesting how people prefer a good market price for NMT and don't care about the market price for the other items (which are only usable if there are a NMT to protect them) and monster fun for high level people.

Anyways, there is some solutions to the market problem of nmt, like introducing npcs which buy it from a decent price, minimum level to wear it, or it being used in some quests (of course, the quest should be rewarding). F***ing it up, along with the market for the high level items, along with the possibility of high level monsters killing is not a good solution, at least in my humble oppinion. Your oppinion may differ, of course.

I have to agree with lorck

First of all I agree with Lorck,he made alot of sense.

Well some ppl gotta be crazy to pk with an nmt.(Its a big "Branch Me" sign)

Even if it is brakeable it still won't help manuers/crafters,cause ppl will keep buying these brakeable nmt's to protect to wep/armor.

How does this help market or manuer/crafter???

It's like the same thing except the fact ppl will have to keep buying these brakeable nmt's.

So what is this doing that the unbrakeable nmt don't do?By the time ppl buy all these nmt's they could have bought an unbrakable nmt and not worry about it.

So both ways is the same thing except more nmt's in-game (if you can purchase them when made brakeable that is)

So in conclusion I don't see how a brakeable nmt helps market or manuer/crafter myself.

If it continues unbreakable....

Solution: The possibility to trade 1 NMT per 1 pp Removel Stone

Consequence: Players in the vast majority of cases will trade for the Stone, making it far less available on market. Its value will be stable around 200k since Stone will be available around 50$ in shop which translates around 200k in game coins. A good symbiosis imo between nmt and PPRemovalStone.

If it continues unbreakable....

Solution: The possibility to trade 1 NMT per 1 pp Removel Stone

Consequence: Players in the vast majority of cases will trade for the Stone, making it far less available on market. Its value will be stable around 200k since Stone will be available around 50$ in shop which translates around 200k in game coins. A good symbiosis imo between nmt and PPRemovalStone.

Sounds interesting, but maybe the stone is too high reward, imo. You could then trade 50 hydro bars + 1 NMT for a generic pickpoint.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of converting nmt to something else is very good, but converting NMT to stones may be too rewarding.

What if trading the NMT at the NPC you could get a random stone? This would mean not being able to choose which stone one wants/needs (making it a bit more risky)... only a suggestion :medieval:

EDIT: another effect of this, would be the fact that fighters would rather use those nmt's themselves than to sell them to some "newbies" thus a lot of ppl in this thread would be happy. (I'm one of the nubs myself).

Secondly it would make sense cause the stones are for harvesters like the NMT's for fighters.

Hades, are you sure about the price of stones in the shop?

Edited by Mariws

Hades, are you sure about the price of stones in the shop?

Well, accordingly to Entropy, they would not be available at shop, at least not at the beggiing. Err.. my name is not hades, btw (thankfully :mace:).
What if trading the NMT at the NPC you could get a random stone? This would mean not being able to choose which stone one wants/needs (making it a bit more risky)..
Maybe attributes removal stones only? :medieval:

Hades, are you sure about the price of stones on the market?

Ent wrote in another thread that he prolly would (will) put stones for sale around 50$ each at shop. Since real money <> gold coin conversion is about, normally, 4k or 5k per each dollar , you can expect a market price of 200k-250k.

When people sell p2p races for a lifetime they charge around 200K-250k and it cost 50$, its the same.

If i buy stones at shop and sell in game to get GC i will ask 200k and others buyers prolly the same that will fix the market price.

Maybe at the beginning it can be some speculation but in the long run it will fix in 200k.

So a generic pp will cost around 700k which seems a good high challenge.

Euro ppl have a special discount cuz of $ € conversion :mace:

Err.. my name is not hades, btw (thankfully smile.gif).

we can make a poll to see if my name is famous or not in game :medieval:

Edited by hades

Since nmt capes have become breakable more spawns are free (few people want to break titanium plate often) so im really happy with this. I prefer this way since last night training i found that none of the skf cyclops spawns were being used and i was the only one training fluffs being all alone.

The only the problem I have with NMT capes is that I feel that it makes training on monsters too easy sometimes. And while this game is supposed to be fun, I think Ent. wants it to be difficult and CHALLENGING for players to reach higher levels and more difficult monsters.

And do you really want this game to be about repairing/regaining ones items over and over, just because they break? Is that what you call getting the reward "fun of playing"?

While I don't want ridiculously high break rates, I do think that being able to use the same set of steel armor/COL with a NMT from orc-> fluffy seems a little messed up. I dont see anything wrong with having a couple cheap leather/steel armor items break after training for a couple hours. If you are breaking a crazy amount of items/using too many HE, maybe someone needs to back down a monster level or two and train. Although I expect a massive cry of outrage over the "decreased total exp/hr," in my mind it is more realistic and appropriate for a RPG. NMT is way too powerful an item to have such a low cost(relative to benifit) and remain unbreakable.

I would prefer that they remain breakable since then people would have to at least weigh the cost/benifit of using them. Then make them more common and hopefully the marketplace value would lower to a more realistic value for the now breakable NMT ~60-80k. This seems like a good solution imho.

EDIT: spelling error

Edited by LevinMage

Hmm just had an idea for removing some nmt capes from the game. Since most people just end up putting away their nmt capes until they become unbreakable again why not remove them from certain troublemakers instead of having them pay a fine to be unbanned. Another possible way is to be able to unreset a reset that you do by giving a nmt cape as payment. If this is just totally crazy talk post your dislikes of the idea, but i still hope this is one way of being able to remove some from the game (to perhaps save the market or something :P )

or maybe NMT capes could be used in making those stat-freeing stones? :P

Edited by ttlanhil

or maybe NMT capes could be used in making those stat-freeing stones?

I don't think I could push the mix button with 200K+ of ingredients on the line. :P

Edited by bkc56

I would suggest a NPC buying NMTs at 200k and to make NMT unbreakable again :-)

Yeah, no kidding. Rather than poor and sick, better wealthy and healthy.

Rather then shooting off your arm, whenever your pinky itches, you might wanna make a better rare drop system. One that depends on the average/maximum online users wouldn't be a bad idea. Use a base drop rate and apply a modifier that's dependent on the items already in game and the user base. That way you only have to adjust when people are very very lucky and then they probably deserve it anyway.

Just my 2c.