Eternal Lands Official Forums
hades

NMT should be brekable like any other item

its still a week of being bored to gain the advantage everyone else has with nmt, if they have the sense to work for it good on them, most pro's didnt get it through fighting they did it through selling lupines and other stuff and it was much easier for them with 1000 plus emu ... so what the game is easier to level if you have one thats just being smart and if your smart you deserve that right to use it no matter what your level is, if only pro's are allowed to you them then mabe a requirment of 100 a/d to use one should be made lol

Scorpius and Looter, you seem to miss the point of training. The so-called 'pr0s' did train for every single level so they can train on what they do. The low level fighter pick blue lupines or get cash from any other source, get nmt, perks and move to high level creatures skipping the low/medium levels. I don't see sense of it, what's more I find this effect of NMT quite negative.

Who annoyes me are people who think that they can buy something what others worked hard to get to. Day by day training, without skipping creatures. Earning cash is fairly easy in game nowadays (eternal blue lupines, FEs, HEs, some others) - you can perk up, make your cc* huge and get quite a nice cash in no time. The A/D training is surely not even close to that ease.

Who annoyes me are people who think that they can buy something what others worked hard to get to. Day by day training, without skipping creatures

Only problem with this comment is that you are saying everyone is the same and that is far from the case.Im far from being a "pr0" fighter being only mid 50's a/d and trained on gobs,spiders,gargs,orcs,trolls and hobgoblins slowly working my way up through the monsters and saving my cash from alching as i leveled that as well.I saved up 200k through a lot of time and effort (not blue lupines) not so i could skip monster levels but so i could wear a COL for training so i didnt have to walk around like a walking medicine cabinet loaded down with HE's, Body rest pots etc ( even with NMT i still only train on hobgobs and the odd ogre), and your comment apart ppl buying items others have worked hard to get.... you want to do away with the EL shop ?

IMO the majority of ppl who want the cape kept breakable are the ones who have already benefited from the fact it was unbreakable and now want to deny everyone else the same chance they had to use it

Ok first of all the NMT has a great benefit to train early yes.2nd of all you should note that so-called pr0's bought chars maybe the origs. know about training on low-mid monsters.To those ppl that did'nt buy chars and trained that ain't to you.While yes the ppl that bought chars do train yes but with nmt too.

Point is NMT should be unbreakable because ppl worked hard for it,and gain lvl's faster thus the point,hey it all winds up for pk anyways.(which was the complaint right?)

We all bought this item cause it suppose to work and we pay for what we get thats the plus of the NMT.

If its made breakable cause the complaints from even some that don't have the cape itself,then what will happen to those that paid 200k for this item?

Also if its breakable that's almost a certain reset to get the perk so we don't risk a 200k cape which will prolly be worth less.

So in the end ppl that spent time making money through lups or w/e or even trades will lose out on the new breakable NMT.

But hey in retrospect looks like it will take "nubs" no time to buy a 5k or w/e breakable NMT,so ppl can complain more about "nubs" training with nmt.Hmm even on rabbits.

@Beaverhunter

NMT costs alot, at least for most ppl having a 200k item on you is quite a thing. And if it was breakable, what should those struggling warriors that aren't allready 130+ a/d do, why shouldn't they have the same options when it comes to leveling a/d?

I think that the people who are now 130/130 A/D did it without NMT cape. It is possible then. Even for those unfortunate, struggling warriors that are below this at the moment.

Actually, they have not only same options, but even more than the ones with high A/D (i.e. more monsters - both variaty and spawns). What's more, if the NMT cape is breakable it will affect everybody, not only people with A/D below 130/130, correct?

NMT should be unbreakable and get real about how much ppl play, of course we need something in return for it.

Is the fun of playing not enough? Maybe we should start giving players free cash for spening in game certain amount of time daily without any rest. Let's say:

• 4 hours - 10k gc
    5 hours - 20k gc
    6 hours - 40k gc
    7 hours - 80k gc
    8 hours - 160k gc
    9 hours - NMT cape
    10 hours - full tit set, NMT cape
    11 hours - free ticket to funny farm (no offence to people who play NON stop for 11 hours day by day)

* cc - carry capacity

Umm yes sure the fighters have been without NMT too, but they have also used NMT for 10 hours per day for *insert how long NMT has been in game here*.

And do you really want this game to be about repairing/regaining ones items over and over, just because they break? Is that what you call getting the reward "fun of playing"? Spending time that might just some minute later get "wasted"? And no, why would we get money for free when we have earned it by playing and working alot on skills, is that free? No.

And do you have a work or go to school? Would you be happy to just go home with the joy of work? No payment?

Sure this is a game but you get the idea...or maybe you don't.

You don't seem to understand that one must "train" to get to the more "fun" parts of game, it's like that with all games, at first your a small helpless being but you get stronger and can do more and more things. Not redo and redo things. No one with 30-50 lvls in any skill can really do anything useful, the useful items such as good armor/weaps and CoL takes many months to be able to do, if not years if you want to do them all. Ppl have to train to get somewhere in the game, and training is unfortuanly very linear, you make the same item for all time...

People jump in the "monster chain" because there are no mid monsters that are worth killing... the current "monster chain" is gargs->orcs->ogre->fluffy->chims/feros->yeti... even some of these are left out.

Btw you can get about 4kgc per hour at Blue Lupines, that's not even 1 EFE and there's not much you can do with 4k when it comes to leveling at high lvls. So in other words, we have to work HARD and LONG to get money and those who finally get 200k and buy a NMT for it, they have earned to have it for more than 1 week. (it would probably break faster if you really went for it)

Edited by Beaverhunter

Oki, once again, i understand that all ppl worked hard 2 get money for their own nmt.

Atm Ent wanna remove some from the game, so he made it breakable.

Is there any reason 2 bitch about it? No, if some1 needs better exp from stronger monsters and accept possibility 2 loose cape he trains in it, if not, he doesnt train or train in the old-fashion way, with iron pl8 set or other "junk" armors and no col or makes a lot of pvp :o

I would suggest to calm down and just w8 what the results of the breakable nmt period will be.

I bet Ent will inform us about changes if it will be needed :P

Btw. Since i was keeping my p/c low allmost all the time i had 2 make money on other skills than a/d. And i mean by that also endless hours of harvesting blue lupines at 130+ defence lvl. I know how it is to be poor.

eMPi

Oki, once again, i understand that all ppl worked hard 2 get money for their own nmt.

Atm Ent wanna remove some from the game, so he made it breakable.

Is there any reason 2 bitch about it? No, if some1 needs better exp from stronger monsters and accept possibility 2 loose cape he trains in it, if not, he doesnt train or train in the old-fashion way, with iron pl8 set or other "junk" armors and no col or makes a lot of pvp ;)

I would suggest to calm down and just w8 what the results of the breakable nmt period will be.

I bet Ent will inform us about changes if it will be needed :)

Btw. Since i was keeping my p/c low allmost all the time i had 2 make money on other skills than a/d. And i mean by that also endless hours of harvesting blue lupines at 130+ defence lvl. I know how it is to be poor.

eMPi

:P:P:omg:

i like how you always find the words i want to say ^^ :o

Who annoyes me are people who think that they can buy something what others worked hard to get to. Day by day training, without skipping creatures

IMO the majority of ppl who want the cape kept breakable are the ones who have already benefited from the fact it was unbreakable and now want to deny everyone else the same chance they had to use it

On the contrary, majority of fighters using NMT would for sure prefer making it unbreakable.

A italic - read only in context and only with the quotation I've put there;)

The second - now you're doing what you accused me of:P I don't have NTM cape, never had one - used one time for fun - it lasted 20 minutes (one "serious" fight with a friend) and my rapier degraded \o/.

I'm just afraid of market saturation and the influence of such on the whole game.

Using your way or reasoning:

I get impression that majority of people calling for making NMT unbreakable are ones that just don't like spending cash on stuff and are looking only at the tip of their noses.

D'you like such a generalization? I don't.

Btw you can get about 4kgc per hour at Blue Lupines, that's not even 1 EFE and there's not much you can do with 4k when it comes to leveling at high lvls. So in other words, we have to work HARD and LONG to get money and those who finally get 200k and buy a NMT for it, they have earned to have it for more than 1 week. (it would probably break faster if you really went for it)

200kgc/4kgcph=50hours

Getting to kill fluffies from scratch takes slightly more. I wouldn't call 50hours of picking blue lupines an effort honestly. Maybe it's just me.

Edited by Anshar

well actually you can call extremely Boredom hard ^^

dunno how much time it approx takes for fluff hunters to get nmt oO

cant be that bad when they sell so much to the so called nubs on market oO

#EDIT: besides.. i wouldnt be scared to do a few k steel bars to get another nmt.. but

i just dont see your point atm maybe

Edited by Scorpius

200kgc/4kgcph=50hours

Getting to kill fluffies from scratch takes slightly more. I wouldn't call 50hours of picing blue lupines an effort honestly. Maybe it's just me.

Yes, exactly... 50 hours... if your hyper active that is, and sitting just harvesting lupines for 50 hours... that is quite an effort actually, cause you need to click alot and it takes time walking + it's very monotous so most ppl would most likely go do something else--> not doing 4kgc per hour.

But sure 50 hours of work compared to how many hours of harvesting fluffies or yetis... its nothing... so your equation doesnt really work if you mean 50 hours == 1 NMT... cause there aren't enough NMTs around for that to work.

Also there's more than gc in game... there's exp and 50 hours of no exp this "plan" would mean... 50 hours of exp in a/d could be 12.5million exp if getting 250k/hour which you can at fluffy or feros.

The number 50 hour might not sound like much, just as 400k on 100hours sounds very nice... but when you actually start doing those blue lupines your mind quickly changes, try it.

And btw, piter is right, Ent decided to try and fix this "problem" allready so let's see how it turns out and wish for an unbreakable NMT in the future.

Edited by Beaverhunter

Lets face it: blue lupines are boring.

I recommend to people who start playing to go hunt weaker monsters and getting drop (as low as it is on beggining) or going to fes.

To harv other stuff its ok, because you can go doing something else while your inv get full. BL makes you feel like a bot, because the inv get filled fast, so you go in click on flower, then wait a bit for inv get filled, go to shop, sell and repeat.

Games are supposed to be fun, if someone waste 50 hours doing such boring and repetitive stuff, s/he deserve a NMT, imho.

Edited by Lorck

The issue with nmt is complicated i think.If it will remain breakable i dont know what will happen with some items.For example a very good armour set like bronze may end up like axes.Nobody will use them or make them.Also it affects efe's.Who will buy an efe to make an armour that will break after a few fluffies?

For example a very good armour set like bronze may end up like axes.Nobody will use them or make them.

Bronze armour has been "like axes" since before it was manufacturable in my oppinion :hehe:

I know what u mean.But if things were different many players (including me) would love to train with something that provides more armour than titanium and less accurasy. That means better exp while training.

For example a very good armour set like bronze may end up like axes.Nobody will use them or make them.

Bronze armour has been "like axes" since before it was manufacturable in my oppinion :hehe:

I know what u mean.But if things were different many players (including me) would love to train with something that provides more armour than titanium and less accurasy. That means better exp while training.

True, Id like to train in bronze armor, but only if NMT comes back unbreakable tho.

Bronze armour has been "like axes" since before it was manufacturable in my oppinion ;)

Low acc means you don't hit monsters, and gain mostly defense exp. And if i want def exp i go pvp, attack exp is where monster training shine. :P So tit plate would be better for monster training... and if you are hardcore pvper, just mantain your phys attribute near your coord and use vit instead of will, so no need to adjust armor, etc.

Bronze armour has been "like axes" since before it was manufacturable in my oppinion ;)

Low acc means you don't hit monsters, and gain mostly defense exp. And if i want def exp i go pvp, attack exp is where monster training shine. :P So tit plate would be better for monster training... and if you are hardcore pvper, just mantain your phys attribute near your coord and use vit instead of will, so no need to adjust armor, etc.

You are not wrong.But everything depends from your needs.I use to get 300-370k exp per hour from fluffies +drops.(My record was 200k in 30 minutes).

No pvp partner can give me drops and such exp unless i pvp with a resseted lorck or masterpitter..(or if i cheat with a couple of summoned creatures around me \0/).

On the other hand even in pk a compination of titanium plate,with steel greaves and bronze cuisses or something like that, is probably good because bronze provides magic resistance against tiger and bear stones...

Edited by agis29

well actually you can call extremely Boredom hard ^^

dunno how much time it approx takes for fluff hunters to get nmt oO

cant be that bad when they sell so much to the so called nubs on market oO

#EDIT: besides.. i wouldnt be scared to do a few k steel bars to get another nmt.. but

i just dont see your point atm maybe

If 1 in every 10,000 fluffies drops a NMT it takes a LONG while for a fighter to get one.

If you can kill 1 fluffy per minute it takes 10,000/60 = 167 hours to get one. :icon13:

but we have at least 5-10 people training fluff at a time all over the place. so 167/5 gives an nmt about every hours, which is where the flood starts. that's why they are not so rare imo

What about the yeti drop rate of NMT, it should be taken into consideration as well, especially if it's significantly higher than that of fluffy, from what I hear, and more and more people starting to train on yetis.

I didnt checked again Erma, but Yeti drops allready got decreases to my knowledge in one of the

latest updates.

If the NMT is made permanently break-able I say reduce price and make their drops a little less rare. If they are made unbreakable again, keep price or slightly increase and reduce drop rate. This might solve a bit of flood :icon13:

If the NMT is made permanently break-able I say reduce price and make their drops a little less rare. If they are made unbreakable again, keep price or slightly increase and reduce drop rate. This might solve a bit of flood smile.gif

Actually it would NOT solve a flood problem. Just postpone the effect in time a bit. If no NMT capes are taken off the market and new ones come (even if slower) the market will saturates eventually.