Eternal Lands Official Forums
hades

NMT should be brekable like any other item

The chance is 1/40K. If ti wouldn't protect itself, it would be 1 in 10K.

But anyway, one of the ideas I have is to use them for a god quest. Something like, you pay 1 NMT cape and that's it, you jump from level -2 to level 4 or 5.

I like that idea. Its an alternate and we can lower the rate of NMT in game.

What i mean is lots of People have nmt's and if every 1 turned them into some ultra rare cloak we still are flooded with rarish cloaks

Well clearly that would never happen so I'm still not sure of the point. No matter, it's not worth the bandwidth.

But anyway, one of the ideas I have is to use them for a god quest. Something like, you pay 1 NMT cape and that's it, you jump from level -2 to level 4 or 5.

NMT= 180k-220k ingredients for god quest= 10-20k ...

Everyone should get thru this period where NMT break, let a few get lost in this period, then when unbreakable again( i hope ;)) either make them EXTREMELY rare drops, or giant and dragon drop them(only :P)

1 NMT in ~ 5500 fluffies, it's already extremely rare...

Lol?

Nmt capes were extremely rare when only few ppl had them, i remember these times, when like 5 capes where in all game, i had one, luci had 2, some ppl had them, but they were rare.

Fluffy rabbit that has only 95a/d and very low p/c can drop such an increadible cape, when for example mountain chim with 115a/d and way higher p/c drops almost nothing.

~20 fluffy spawns ingame, maybe even more, also some feros spawns. All these weak mobs drop nmt capes.

I hope nmt will be so rare like it used 2 be or at least way more harder 2 get than its now.

Ppl say: " Omg omg i cannot train on gobs/orcs/ogres/cycs now, while nmt is destroyable".

Before tit/steel set, CoL, ts pots and nmt cape fighters still made a/d lvls, even on mountain chims( mc was weaker than its now but still way stronger from fluffy ;)

eMPi

i got an nmt cape a while back, trained in aug sets+nmt and it was very useful, saved me a lot of gc because i didn't have to replace all that armor. but now that nmt is breakable, i train w/o it, back to expensive training. and imo nmt drop should be moved to chims, too many people train on fluff so it will drop a lot ;)

Everyone should get thru this period where NMT break, let a few get lost in this period, then when unbreakable again( i hope ;)) either make them EXTREMELY rare drops, or giant and dragon drop them(only :P)

Can I ask for number of NMTs ingame?

You call this rare?

Edited by Dushan

There aren't only high-end fighters in this game, for me a rabbit with "only" 95a/d is a good training, and was a fearful monster for long time. ;)

BTW, since we can read from this post, yes, NMT is a rare drop.

Edited by Harlock

Won't work. As Brein pointed out it's not worth a shot.

Everyone should get thru this period where NMT break, let a few get lost in this period, then when unbreakable again( i hope ;) ) either make them EXTREMELY rare drops, or giant and dragon drop them(only :P )

That's why I see people in NMT capes on goblins. Yeah, EXTREMELY rare. Every single n00b has one, it seems.

I keep thinking it should be for once rarer for second breakable (maybe with lower rate than 1/10k -> for example 1/25k or even 1/50k so the overall break rate is either 1/100k or 1/200k).

I find Ent's idea of using it in quests quite interesting. However the outcome of the quest should be worth the price. Can't think of anything like interesting right now. Maybe 1 free level in either attack or defence and ONLY one time. Maybe 1 free overall level (however nobody would go for such thing, I suppose).

~Anshar

Toom was very lucky, i killed 7k+ yetis and got 3 nmt , it took me ~3 weeks of play( 5-10h/day only killing yetis with thermal;)

eMPi

killed 20k fluffies and still only one nmt ;)

Won't work. As Brein pointed out it's not worth a shot.

Everyone should get thru this period where NMT break, let a few get lost in this period, then when unbreakable again( i hope ;) ) either make them EXTREMELY rare drops, or giant and dragon drop them(only :P )

That's why I see people in NMT capes on goblins. Yeah, EXTREMELY rare. Every single n00b has one, it seems.

I keep thinking it should be for once rarer for second breakable (maybe with lower rate than 1/10k -> for example 1/25k or even 1/50k so the overall break rate is either 1/100k or 1/200k).

I find Ent's idea of using it in quests quite interesting. However the outcome of the quest should be worth the price. Can't think of anything like interesting right now. Maybe 1 free level in either attack or defence and ONLY one time. Maybe 1 free overall level (however nobody would go for such thing, I suppose).

~Anshar

No 'free' levels! There is a good reason you need so many exp points for those higher levels!

And noone will sell em anymore because everyone want to keep his own NMT? oO i dont see the sense

behind that tbh.

Hmmm.. i would say before you make it more rare, take em off from every storage of every player and then

make it rarer oO Like a full new restart with the NMTs beeing implemented.

(that above was meant to be sarcasm) But i dont see the prob in this topic at all oO with NMT lower

lvl nubs can attend to train on higher level

monsters way earlier cuz they can use better armor without

beeing too afraid oO imo thats a good thing since you can barely keep up with the ppl that either stay on

for ~16 hours a day or the ppl that sell/buy chars. Im not any better i got this char for free myself but only

because im frustrated that i feel like never reaching anyone with just beeing less than 4 hours on a day for

training (which not all goes into train since i need to make money also)

Maybe someone can enlight me to an other way but this is my oppinion on this topic

Regards,

Scorpius

Maybe they should be unbreakable again, but limit them as the sigils 1 NMT/person...so this way the overflooding is resolved...

99.99999% of players have health/increase sigils.

@Scorpius

Not sure if I understood your post, but you say that NMT capes are good, because they allow lower level players to train on same monsters than high level players. Then low levels will whine at not enough spawns, high levels will whine at low levels stealing their posts, etc. etc.

I would say that the fact that low levels use NMT to train on high level monsters is one more reason to remove some of the capes from market, making them breakable and rarer. Thanks for one more argument for doing such.

~Ansh

Edited by Anshar

nubs get the same advantage as pro's having an nmt, pro's can move on to the next level faster too, i wish pro's would realise this instead of always complaing, every item in game gives an advantage thats the point of buying them lol, if a noob works hard enough to get such an expensive item he has earnt the right to use it same as the pro's and gain the advantage it gives, pro's annoy me by getting high levels then thinking no one deserves to catch up, those that work for it earn it ... why is el so anti towards lower level players, yeh sure newbs can train faster now but so do the pro's thats my point.. seems every pro always wants everyone below them to train oldschool like they had to, its a beta game and things change, if it didnt change we would be all sat chatting in ip still

@ Looter

:D youre my man

@Anshar

And thats exactly what i think is wrong in your thinking.. like Looter pointed out... these so called nubs earned their NMTs with hard work so they should take advantage of it.

Some ppl just should finally see that everything has pro and cons. I see it coming that ppl will start to

serp the spawns where nubs train on and stuff just because theyre angry they dont get a spawn. but oh

well this is the going of life. if you cry over not getting a spawn then you should maybe spend more time

in your RL tbh..

Some of you guys sure both underestimate things aswell as overestimate things...

First off

1. NMT sure it makes your titan set last alittle longer, but the set can still break!, it's no super protection from breaking. It's just a decrease.

2. NMT is RARE allready, you guys underestimate how much ppl play... of course ppl need a reward for playing 10+ hours a day for years... if we don't get something then we would stop playing, at least many would.

3. NMT costs alot, at least for most ppl having a 200k item on you is quite a thing. And if it was breakable, what should those struggling warriors that aren't allready 130+ a/d do, why shouldn't they have the same options when it comes to leveling a/d?

4. There are many of many items around but that's cause of 3., players play ALOT, no matter how small the chances are they will happen sooner or later.

5. Those ppl who get NMTs, they have armors breaking and things they need to replace aswell, I heard from a guy that he lost about 5-6 CoLs per week when he is training/hunting yetis.

In short:

NMT should be unbreakable and get real about how much ppl play, of course we need something in return for it.

Edited by Beaverhunter

Scorpius and Looter, you seem to miss the point of training. The so-called 'pr0s' did train for every single level so they can train on what they do. The low level fighter pick blue lupines or get cash from any other source, get nmt, perks and move to high level creatures skipping the low/medium levels. I don't see sense of it, what's more I find this effect of NMT quite negative.

Who annoyes me are people who think that they can buy something what others worked hard to get to. Day by day training, without skipping creatures.

Earning cash is fairly easy in game nowadays (eternal blue lupines, FEs, HEs, some others) - you can perk up, make your cc* huge and get quite a nice cash in no time. The A/D training is surely not even close to that ease.

@Beaverhunter

NMT costs alot, at least for most ppl having a 200k item on you is quite a thing. And if it was breakable, what should those struggling warriors that aren't allready 130+ a/d do, why shouldn't they have the same options when it comes to leveling a/d?

I think that the people who are now 130/130 A/D did it without NMT cape. It is possible then. Even for those unfortunate, struggling warriors that are below this at the moment.

Actually, they have not only same options, but even more than the ones with high A/D (i.e. more monsters - both variaty and spawns). What's more, if the NMT cape is breakable it will affect everybody, not only people with A/D below 130/130, correct?

NMT should be unbreakable and get real about how much ppl play, of course we need something in return for it.

Is the fun of playing not enough? Maybe we should start giving players free cash for spening in game certain amount of time daily without any rest. Let's say:

• 4 hours - 10k gc
    5 hours - 20k gc
    6 hours - 40k gc
    7 hours - 80k gc
    8 hours - 160k gc
    9 hours - NMT cape
    10 hours - full tit set, NMT cape
    11 hours - free ticket to funny farm (no offence to people who play NON stop for 11 hours day by day)

* cc - carry capacity

Edited by Anshar

so basically you will tell me it isnt hard for nubs to earn ~200kgc by themselfs? :D as it is for fighters in 130 a/d to get a nmt from fluff?

nubs get the same advantage as pro's having an nmt, pro's can move on to the next level faster too, i wish pro's would realise this instead of always complaing, every item in game gives an advantage thats the point of buying them lol, if a noob works hard enough to get such an expensive item he has earnt the right to use it same as the pro's and gain the advantage it gives, pro's annoy me by getting high levels then thinking no one deserves to catch up, those that work for it earn it ... why is el so anti towards lower level players, yeh sure newbs can train faster now but so do the pro's thats my point.. seems every pro always wants everyone below them to train oldschool like they had to, its a beta game and things change, if it didnt change we would be all sat chatting in ip still

The problem with that is that most newbs nowadays are coming in and buying everything from EL shop. Also i remember when i was a newbie and i thought 10kgc was rich, how in the world would noobs save 200k? Sure its possible but not the most likely.

Edited by Kidberg7

anshar you miss this point

seems every pro always wants everyone below them to train oldschool like they had to, its a beta game and things change, if it didnt change we would be all sat chatting in ip still

kidberg when i refered to nubs im talking about everyone below 100 a/d because where all nubs to those above they have a thing about nubs only they can be pro, im a nub with nmt at 89/94 a/d thats what they meen about nubs, i never call anyone nubs i only used that word here because thats how they put it in their post :D and your right its too expensive for newbies, these that you see on orcs ect with nmt are usually resetters not newbies

a lot more are actually getting nmt @ orc level. my guildie used to train on orcs with steel chain aug pant col and nmt. i was on to polar then but saw the nmt benefit and bought one too. 200k is only a week at the lupine bush..