Eternal Lands Official Forums
hades

NMT should be brekable like any other item

but i bought mine for 200k on good faith as it says in the EL encyc that it wouldnt break and i know yes this is a beta game and things do and will change but penalizing players who spent good time and gc saving to buy a cape isnt the way to go about it, unless said players are going to be given the option to sell it back to an npc for the price they bought it ?
Like you said, it's a beta game. Some people took nexues that suddenly became useless or a change in conditions caused a perk to be much worse and those people reset from 120+ OA. Market values fluctuate as the game changes, so they will not make a special NPC so you don't loose a bit of money..

Like you said, it's a beta game. Some people took nexues that suddenly became useless or a change in conditions caused a perk to be much worse and those people reset from 120+ OA. Market values fluctuate as the game changes, so they will not make a special NPC so you don't loose a bit of money..

that is fine and can totally understand that, just if this is implemented i hope the cape becomes available from an npc for say 10k , for i have the funny feeling that this is an idea from a fighter just to make more money from monster drops, hope im wrong :P

for even if it only drops in price from 100-200k then who is going to wear it if it has a chance to break ? and if ppl dont wear it then will they train in COLS. Titanium armour etc .. I doudt it then the whole EL market suffers crafters, Alch, manu .. if its going to break its got to be cheap enough that players dont mind it breaking as long as it semi-protects other items ..( no point losing a 100k cape to protect a 60k COL )

and another suggestion is Ent has now got the stats so he knows how many NMT's are in the game.. leave the cape as is but reduce the drop rate by a very large amount and as the player number increases then the cape will become rarer again ie: instead of 1 in 20 ppl owning them it will be 1 in 30 soon and so on .

o well not much we can do up to Ent.

Edited by conavar

that is fine and can totally understand that, just if this is implemented i hope the cape becomes available from an npc for say 10k , for i have the funny feeling that this is an idea from a fighter just to make more money from monster drops, hope im wrong :P

for even if it only drops in price from 100-200k then who is going to wear it if it has a chance to break ? and if ppl dont wear it then will they train in COLS. Titanium armour etc .. I doudt it then the whole EL market suffers crafters, Alch, manu .. if its going to break its got to be cheap enough that players dont mind it breaking as long as it semi-protects other items ..( no point losing a 100k cape to protect a 60k COL )

and another suggestion is Ent has now got the stats so he knows how many NMT's are in the game.. leave the cape as is but reduce the drop rate by a very large amount and as the player number increases then the cape will become rarer again ie: instead of 1 in 20 ppl owning them it will be 1 in 30 soon and so on .

o well not much we can do up to Ent.

the enchanted armours and weapons do have a chance to break, and theire price is much more then 100k-200k gc... and the players do use them...I think that too they should stay breakable, with a low chance but breakable!

I would suggest a NPC buying NMTs at 200k and to make NMT unbreakable again :-)

Yeah, no kidding. Rather than poor and sick, better wealthy and healthy.

Anyway, I'll see what happens at the end of this period (I think I will make them back unbreakable in mid April).

Personally, I would like to make them slightly more available, but keep them breakable. However, many would disagree, so why bother.. is not that important anyway.

I would suggest a NPC buying NMTs at 200k and to make NMT unbreakable again :-)

Yeah, no kidding. Rather than poor and sick, better wealthy and healthy.

Anyway, I'll see what happens at the end of this period (I think I will make them back unbreakable in mid April).

Personally, I would like to make them slightly more available, but keep them breakable. However, many would disagree, so why bother.. is not that important anyway.

Actually it's quite a good idea. Not that you can make everybody happy, can you?

Making them slightly more available and breakable would keep the amount of them on market at certain level. Thus, they would still be the hot stuff, yet, the market would not saturate.

I have always thought that nmt would eventually become breakable - and it was only a matter of time before this happened.

I fought in col before the nmt was around - and accepted the risk - and yes I did break 3 cols.

I now continue to fight in nmt - prepared to accept the risk of it breaking.

I do have a some questions - the break rate is 1/40,000 -

1) 40,000 what - critical hits or blocks or hits?

2) And does anyone have any comparable stats for say col?

3) Does the nmt protect itself - ie reduce the 1/40k to 1/160k?

Rr.

I do have a some questions - the break rate is 1/40,000 -

Afaik everytime you are being hit there is 1/40k to destroy your cape, so that's should be 0,0025% chance.

It's break rate like any other item...wtf? Every time you get hit its 1/40k chance to break

2) And does anyone have any comparable stats for say col?
afai CoL chance is same as iron helm - around 3/10k

3) Does the nmt protect itself - ie reduce the 1/40k to 1/160k?
I wondered this as well. I assume its 1/40k, because 1/160k is very, very, low.

I'd love to see them more available and breakable.

I think the lowest possible chance for *anything* is 1/10,000. (At least this was the case). So i guess the 1/40k chance is because the NMT protects itself :)

Well another way to cut down on the amount of NMT ingame and/or drain excess money is to make certain monsters, the one's you would expect to have high strength cyclops, yeti, giant, dragon to have a slight chance to inflict the same effect as a BROD per attack ( personally I have always thought the Dragon/giants should anyway due to there size and strength)

Personally, I would like to make them slightly more available, but keep them breakable.

I don't own one (yet), but I think this makes the most sense, and I would be happy with it at least :) I don't really like the idea of unbreakable items anyway, personally. Where's the fun if there's no risk? :P

I would be one of those who would disagree (not that it probably matters much). Given the investment it requires for a lower-level fighter to get one (ie, someone who doesn't get them "free" as a drop), leaving them breakable would be pretty hard on those folks.

The exception would be if there were as available as other capes (3K-5K price range). Risking a 200K breakable item to protect 100K of fancy armor doesn'' makes sense. Risking 5K to protect the same armor does make sense.

Of course if the price were that low, it would distress those who spent pick-points for the perk.

I do sort of like the idea that a couple really high-level monsters (dragons, giants) could have a BroD type power (like bears, spiders, tigers have various powers). But that's because I'll never get to that level and be risking Ti-plate on them. :D

Bottom line: return them to being unbreakable, lower the drop rate if it's felt that there are to many in-game, and let the free market deal with the price/value of them.

Edited by bkc56

Im one of those who likes them unbreakble.

They could leave game as used in some high lvl quest, be bought by npc or as ingredidient for something.

For example they could be one-time initial payment for being able to buy nexuses for hydro bars.

edit: typo

Edited by Desertus

How about an enhancement to the GIWS where we need like 500 NMT capes :D Like it now invades in DP and other places

with 351 capes in game that would take years:p

They could leave game as used in some high lvl quest, be bought by npc or as ingredidient for something.

Perhaps an NMT cape plus other rare ingredients could be mixed to create the super-rare mage cape.

Critical mix failures would move some of them out of the game (a lot if the required skill level were high enough). Probably a manu or crafting function, and for the cost of ingredients it should generate a lot of experience (like 10K or more).

Perhaps an NMT cape plus other rare ingredients could be mixed to create the super-rare mage cape.

Critical mix failures would move some of them out of the game (a lot if the required skill level were high enough). Probably a manu or crafting function, and for the cost of ingredients it should generate a lot of experience (like 10K or more).

Yes but that could cause a problem, then every 1 with the NMT would have a pr0 cape that would also become ultra rare. once again making a over flow of rare items

Yes but that could cause a problem, then every 1 with the NMT would have a pr0 cape that would also become ultra rare. once again making a over flow of rare items

Perhaps you could re-word this because I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

First, most people won't risk the loss of an NMT cape to turn it into something else.

Second, if they do risk it and the mixing fails, then they don't have either cape.

Third, with most people not risking it, and many of those that do loosing the cape due to mix failures, there's not going to be any "overflow".

So again, I'm just not following what you're trying to say.

Ok I totally disagree.

First, I spent a good while working for the money to buy my nmt. I think that this item should be an item that you have to work for, that you cant go and mine 4k iron and be able to buy one. Thats one thing that makes the cloak unique.

The point of cloak being breakable contradicts its point in the game. As said before, why risk breaking a 200k item for protecting a 60k CoL?

I like the idea of having some kind of nexus to be able to use it so that newbies couldnt use it right off the bat. They should experience using cheap armor and saving their "expensive" armor. We dont need newbies at a wolf spawn with a nmt and full iron and cutlass.

My point: I believe the unbreakable part makes this cloak unique, thats the only reason I invested my time in saving to buy it. There could be other measures taken to lessen the quantities of these capes besides making them breakable.

Edited by Kidberg7

I think the lowest possible chance for *anything* is 1/10,000. (At least this was the case). So i guess the 1/40k chance is because the NMT protects itself :)
He is probably right, since every chance is scaled against 10k, and dunno if you are allowed to put a decimal or fration in.

Ok I totally disagree.

First, I spent a good while working for the money to buy my nmt. I think that this item should be an item that you have to work for, that you cant go and mine 4k iron and be able to buy one. Thats one thing that makes the cloak unique.

The point of cloak being breakable contradicts its point in the game. As said before, why risk breaking a 200k item for protecting a 60k CoL?

I like the idea of having some kind of nexus to be able to use it so that newbies couldnt use it right off the bat. They should experience using cheap armor and saving their "expensive" armor. We dont need newbies at a wolf spawn with a nmt and full iron and cutlass.

My point: I believe the unbreakable part makes this cloak unique, thats the only reason I invested my time in saving to buy it. There could be other measures taken to lessen the quantities of these capes besides making them breakable.

i agree with kid :)

Everyone should get thru this period where NMT break, let a few get lost in this period, then when unbreakable again( i hope :)) either make them EXTREMELY rare drops, or giant and dragon drop them(only :P)

Edited by BEAVER

The chance is 1/40K. If ti wouldn't protect itself, it would be 1 in 10K.

But anyway, one of the ideas I have is to use them for a god quest. Something like, you pay 1 NMT cape and that's it, you jump from level -2 to level 4 or 5.