Eternal Lands Official Forums
hades

NMT should be brekable like any other item

After talked with some players in game, i got to the conclusion NMT should stay breakable but at 1/40k seems a high breakable chance for a 200k item so it should be increased to some probability that represents its value. Maybe 1/80k ? keeping the drop rate like it is now which seems a very low one and that is good to keep its value up.

Apart from some (very few) braves ones, no one is using it as far i know so i doubt it will decrease its number like it was pretend, only if the idea was to clean storage of low armor items ;)

keeping it breakable will make it worth around the same price as other capes, who will pay 150-200kgc for a cape thats only of use in fighting and is likely to break, nmt is a special item hence its high price tag if its made to be breakable its no longer special and no one will use it and no one will pay such an high price, imo nmt is great how it is, if there is too many in game then fair enough reduce the drop rate, bare in mind most people who have nmt spent very hard earnt cash to get it and should get what they payed for.

maybe if there really is too many in game make them so there is no drops for awhile is a better solution

keeping it breakable will make it worth around the same price as other capes, who will pay 150-200kgc for a cape thats only of use in fighting and is likely to break, nmt is a special item hence its high price tag if its made to be breakable its no longer special and no one will use it and no one will pay such an high price, imo nmt is great how it is, if there is too many in game then fair enough reduce the drop rate, bare in mind most people who have nmt spent very hard earnt cash to get it and should get what they payed for.
IMO, if the NMT stays unbreakable, in a few months, everybody will have one and for sure, it'll not be a unique item anymore. At the last invasion, I yet noticed that all the fighters in steel/titanium armors had one... ;)

And with your logic, why people pay more than 100kgc for a titanium armor if it can break?

So I also think it should stay breakable for the sake of the game...

my logic says you do not own one :P
lol

How did you guess it? :P

Yes I don't have any because they are too expansive for me and because somewhere I was sure that such a thing will happen soon :rolleyes:

It's logic, you can't let an item like this grow infinitely in quantity...

IMO, if the NMT stays unbreakable, in a few months, everybody will have one and for sure, it'll not be a unique item anymore. At the last invasion, I yet noticed that all the fighters in steel/titanium armors had one... :rolleyes:

And with your logic, why people pay more than 100kgc for a titanium armor if it can break?

So I also think it should stay breakable for the sake of the game...

Well, the big problem is: with NMT breakable (and at this break rate, tho i only heard about siarato losing NMT), people don't use it, and also don't use expensive armor. So happens what hades said, people goes training in crappy armor, and don't use NMT (and the NMTs remains in the game).

So the main effect of NMT being breakable on the game so far is: to lower the quantities of low end armor, and slightly increase the values of those, while saturating even more the market for higher end armor.

Besides, why someone would pay 200k for a cape they will not use anyways? :P

Well, the big problem is: with NMT breakable (and at this break rate, tho i only heard about siarato losing NMT), people don't use it, and also don't use expensive armor. So happens what hades said, people goes training in crappy armor, and don't use NMT (and the NMTs remains in the game).

So the main effect of NMT being breakable on the game so far is: to lower the quantities of low end armor, and slightly increase the values of those, while saturating even more the market for higher end armor.

Besides, why someone would pay 200k for a cape they will not use anyways? :rolleyes:

I see the problem but you can't negate the fact that they should stay unbreakable? Or Ent will have to update the server every months to get rid of those who are ingame and as you stated, the only side effect will be to get rid of lower armors...

So the problem is finding a way to conciliate things. To be honest, I only see 3 ways which are:

1- the one proposed by hades, i.e. reducing the break rate

2- or adding a degraded state to the cape

3- or putting the cape at the same rank than the other capes, i.e. dropped by same monsters and same break rate.

I am against this suggestion. I'll try to give some reasons why:

1) I am the proud owner of one of these capes. I have spent a lot of time trying to raise money for one, knwing that it is a sure deal and a great investement for "my future". The main reason i bought one was to be able to train with my COL :rolleyes: . I know it sounds strange that i would pay 200kgc for a cape that would protect an 60kgc item, but the fact that it WAS unbreakable made it worth the expense! It gives me a bonus of confidence in the items i'm wearing! Many of my items did get destroyed even with the NMT but I'm sure that without it I would have done much worse that a broken moon med, several steel shields and a serp!

2) Why should it be made breakable? Because less stuff breakes and fighters don't buy from manufacturers? Hmmm then please search the forum for a recent post, a week old stating that armour breakes too often even with NMT! It would be silly if we came to the point when a titanium plate gets degraded as if it were a set of aug armour! The NMT was created to protect high lvl items from breaking because they cost a lot!

3) As a breakable item, it would not be worth 180k-200k anymore! Let's not forget that the NMT's are a great source of income for fighters, without that income, it would be hard for them to buy high lvl armour. Thus less profit for manufacturers (if this is why some are unhappy about the cape)

4) Are there too many capes ingame? Well Ent thought of a solution for this, and i bet there are others to reduce their number but imho the NMT is a great item but if made breakable it would almost be worthless! I trust Ent's decision of making it temporarily breakable! No need to comment upon his decision or make suggestions like the UNBREAKABLE NMT TO BE MADE BREAKABLE!

I thank those who had the patience to read what i wrote! :P

3) As a breakable item, it would not be worth 180k-200k anymore! Let's not forget that the NMT's are a great source of income for fighters, without that income, it would be hard for them to buy high lvl armour. Thus less profit for manufacturers (if this is why some are unhappy about the cape)

I can be considered near a pure fighter.

I said be increased to some probability that represents its value.

Tit cuisses of removal are worth more and still breakable, of course , its an item not used as much NMT cape, not even closely. Thats why i said the probability of break should express a 200k item value and the intense use of it.

Anyway maybe this was a rush suggestion, lets wait and see what Ent will say/do in the next updates.

I would suggest a NPC buying NMTs at 200k and to make NMT unbreakable again :-)

This would do several things:

1. It would support a 200K+ price which would make sure that high-level fighters continue to have a nice source of income with the capes.

2. It would move capes out of the game as some people go for the quick NPC sale rather than looking for a buyer.

3. It would protect the investment of those who have worked hard to buy a cape.

I agree, seems like a good idea.

If you really want to make nmt rare just keep it breakable for few weeks/months and remove them from fluf/feros/yeti (so many of them die everyday). Only giants,dragons should drop them imo or only dragons, because giants are getting weak. Making these maps 1-1 would make nmt even more rare and precious item :rolleyes:

Edited by Szatan

There has been a perk for ages. Perhaps would be the time to resurrect it :P

Let's see what will be if there were less capes in game ? Makes me wonder :rolleyes:

Maybe less fighters with more spawns added ?

I would suggest a NPC buying NMTs at 200k and to make NMT unbreakable again :-)

This would do several things:

1. It would support a 200K+ price which would make sure that high-level fighters continue to have a nice source of income with the capes.

2. It would move capes out of the game as some people go for the quick NPC sale rather than looking for a buyer.

3. It would protect the investment of those who have worked hard to buy a cape.

I agree, seems like a good idea.

And would bring too much money into the game unless the stored cloaks were removed and made MUCH rarer then they are now.

When Ent first made NMT breakable for a time to reduce there ingame numbers.I personally didnt think it would work, most player would just keep them in storage untill they became unbreakable again = no more than a very small few removed.

Keeping them breakable though IMO would have a bad knock on effect for the whole EL economy, If players cant semi-protect there items ( semi-protect because even with NMT can still break) then they are not going to use them.Then manu and crafters will lose out on potential expensive sales.

EG: I saved and bought a NMT so I can train wearing a COL safe in the knowledge the break rate had been reduced.The COL broke anyway (bad luck) so I will spend 60k to replace it and train again with it.If NMT was breakable unless it only cost 5k then i wouldnt wear it to train, and then wouldnt wear a COL ( no chance to break) so i would never need to buy another COL, who suffers ? crafters etc.

solutions: hmmm

maybe a NMT amnesty should be made.for one month players can return NMT to ENT for market price(or the NMT perk free),at the end of the month all NMT are removed from the game and then re-introduced with a very very small drop rate from only highest monsters.

or

If Ent wants to swap my NMT for the new artificer cape he's most welcome :)

I'm one of the people who train with the usual armor - steel plate and COL - without NMT.

Reason:

I train mchims and would not be able to without.

If I should train a lower level monster would I get less exp and spawns are hard to get.

I make my own armor, so it's only the COL do I need to buyif I loose it.

(lost steel cuisses and greaves untill now, I could have done with NMT too)

If NMT stay breakable will I not use it more. If it will be rare can it be hard to replace.

But other high level players, who buy their armor from manuers will need it if they want to get good exp.

And because it breaks sometimes will they loose it easier than people whi train trolls and ogres.

So after some time will we see people with NMT on ogrespawns and higher level people, who break a lot armor train fluffs or ferans in cheap armor.

Maybe there should be human nexus needed for it ??

Maybe it should be manuable (at high level) and still breakable ??

Nmt shouldn't stay breakable.Very bad idea.On the other hand nmt was never completely unbreakable.Did u forget brod and acid rain?With the current ratio of items breaking there is no reason for me to buy an efe or wear an expensive armour cause it will break in no time. And all this time that nmt wasnt breakable the game didn't collapse...

I agree anyway that ent made it breakable for a while.Probably the economy of the game needed a shock.I personally started manufacturing again after a long time. But this situation should remain for a few weeks, not forever.

Also i feel that players that want nmt breakable are mostly yeti trainers and generally rich people that can afford it and want all spawns for them..

I would say yes to this suggestion anyway if its breakable to all those that use a sword to train.That means less newbies in spawns and less greedy yeti trainers \0/

Edited by agis29

The best idea I have seen on this thread is the suggestion of trading in NMT to Entropy for items available from the shop. As to the value of those items he offers, well...that should be entirely his discretion.

The NMT cape should be breakable. I agree with Hades here. The rate is to be discussed and tweaked. Without breakage possibility the market will saturate one day and the artificial way of solving it will be necessary (look at the current making them breakable).

The NMT cape should be breakable. I agree with Hades here. The rate is to be discussed and tweaked. Without breakage possibility the market will saturate one day and the artificial way of solving it will be necessary (look at the current making them breakable).

If making them breakable is the answer then also making them cheap and available to buy from an NPC is as well ( as this seems to me as fighters trying to make more money from drops)

but i bought mine for 200k on good faith as it says in the EL encyc that it wouldnt break and i know yes this is a beta game and things do and will change but penalizing players who spent good time and gc saving to buy a cape isnt the way to go about it, unless said players are going to be given the option to sell it back to an npc for the price they bought it ?