Eternal Lands Official Forums
JonLask

Huge Problem

I dunno if this should be posted here or what but i have a huge problem.

I was playing and i just got off the boat in VOTD walking towards storage when i got disconnected unexpectedly. When I alt-x out, my antivirus was up saying it has blocked a risk trying to attack to my computer.

Risk Name: BD Insane 4.0

Attacking computer: game.eternal-lands.com(62.93.225.47,2000)

I was logged on as my character Jonlask. Now, I can create new players or log into others ones just fine but when I log into Jonlask again, same things happen.

PLEASE HELP!

Regards,

Jonlask :(

Some anti-virus software analyzes data streams and *think* that they can catch virusses phoning home by doing so.

Some think that the data stream between the EL client and server *looks* like a virus and block it.

Try another anti-virus software. My guess, youre using Norton software right now? Thats known for causing problems like that.

Piper

I've had nothing but Norton Antivirus since I've started this character in Feburary 2004. I've been playing on this character all day today and finally this happens? I personally doubt its my antivirus.

When I alt-x out, my antivirus was up saying it has blocked a risk trying to attack to my computer.

So i would blame still your anti virus software. Maybe thats caused by an update which happend earlier? Like an auto update downloading some actualized libs or patterns or whatever?

Piper

if it is the antivirus software... how can i log into other characters but not this one?

Well i'm giving you more reasons why its not the antivirus and all you can say is change the antivirus... not really convincing i must say.

EDIT:

And im not blaming the game... im lookin for something more.

Edited by JonLask

if it is the antivirus software... how can i log into other characters but not this one?

That is quite simple. Depending on which char youre playing the server sends different data streams of course.

For example, it depends on your stats, your levels, your attributes.

On char #1 its all fine, on char #2 the anti-virus software thinks the data stream is done by a virus and blocks the connection to the EL server.

Just because you have different skill levels, attributes or whatever on every single char.

Believe me, its your anti-virus software.

And yes, the idea to analyze data streams to detect virusses is crap. But unfortunately some or a lot of anti virus software is using this method.

They catch of course a lot of virusses and trojans, but dont care about the collateral damage.

I think, we know that from somewhere else too :(

Piper